Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+4
Falcone
Jec
Jet
Eri
8 posters

GTA:V Discussion thread

Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

GTA:V Discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: GTA:V Discussion thread

Post by Jec Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:12 am

Finally beat GTA V main story... took me a month to do so.. good game
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 pm

damnn took u long enough.

i need to get back to gta online thou
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Jet wrote:Apparently Rockstar is running the Obamacare website

also explains why we still dont have dlc
    oh that was good
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:00 pm

"Definitely a good single-player game, but I think I'm tired of the Grand Theft Auto series now really. I mostly keep the copy I've got for my friend's sakes, I don't really play it on my own at all. I wasn't really massively excited about the game itself at pre-release, more about the chance to actually talk about a game with my friends. I did have hopes for the multiplayer mode since this was the one mode that gave me what I wanted - a chance to play multiplayer mostly with people I actually know. So naturally the biggest disappointment for me was the multiplayer.

In fact, I think it's fair to say the multiplayer was 80% of the reason I bought this game, I knew the single player would be good, but the only real difference from the other games would be that you can switch between characters, which was a novelty at best, even in missions. So I was incredibly disappointed with the weak multiplayer. Not just the bugs, which were insult to injury, but the whole package. When they were designing it, they didn't seem to understand that they were making a MP mode for an open-world game. There's nothing fun to do in free-roam mode, just fight with other players, which has very limited appeal when the game is, by it's nature; asymmetrical.

The MP mode seems to insist that you engage in confined, structured activities if you're not happy with the poorly balanced deathmatch that is free-roam mode, which just shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what people want in a open-world game. Strange, given that R* basically defined the genre. The one offering available for freemen of GTA Online is the Gang Attack mode, which is just a watered down horde mode and not very fun at all.

This is all despite the strength of R* San Diego's opus Red Dead Redemption, which had imo; a deeper and far superior single player, and a much more engaging and enjoyable multiplayer. R* North seem to have arrogantly ignored many of the strengths of RDR, especially it's multiplayer mode, which was designed with free-roam mode as it's priority, not an apparent afterthought. RDR's free-roaming offered much more activity to engage in and many more distractions than GTA, which was good for a great many reasons, not least of which being that it kept the good players busy, and consequently not killing everyone all the time for no reason.

So Rockstar North - make the multiplayer more like Red Dead Redemption please. Rockstar and Take-Two in general - make more games like RDR in general please. GTA was a great franchise during the 6th gen, but this dog has had it's day. Red Dead was one of the best games of the 7th gen, but neither GTA IV or V is really that noteworthy. Start taking risks and making more unique games like LA Noire and Red Dead, because there's only so long the GTA pony can keep performing the same trick.

"

-equalofheaven
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:33 am

Agreed.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:05 am

Yeah I agreed with pretty much every single point he made. The mocking of American culture, while funny, is starting to get a bit stale. They should take a couple extra years before revisiting the franchise again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:54 am

GTA London?

I'm still waiting for that GTA MMO, which with low quality of online in GTAV will likely end up sucking now.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:24 am

Lol if it can even handle any people
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:46 pm

GTA V is great... It's not perfect but then again nothing is... I think you guys have unrealisticly high expectations. Pulling off such a huge game in current gen systems is a feat itself. Acting like crack whores up in here...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:53 pm

We're not saying its bad but from what it promised its lacking. Theres just not that much to do in free roam. And the other modes it offers are bland and we have to go through several loading screens per match, as well as manually invite each other should the game split us up. Its fun but thats when only when playing with friends and making your own fun. Im talking about strictly online here, though I didnt think the story was anything special either.

Besides if theres a game that people should have great expectations for its the fastest selling video game/entertainment(period) of all time, 1 billion copies in a week GTA franchise.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:21 pm

We'll MP is just a bonus in my opinion. The real soul of the game is te single player and the Wolrd they built. What you are asking for is an MMO and from what I gathered from you guys here is that you wouldn't enjoy that either...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:35 pm

MMO? Im not asking for fetch quests just for something to do.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Jet wrote:MMO? Im not asking for fetch quests just for something to do.
    Errmmmm MMO's are more than just fetch quests... many of the things you guys are asking for are common features in most MMORPGs like WoW or SWOTOR.

For example, you are in free roam mode and an enormous World Boss Appears... You organize a raid of 40 or more characters and race to kill it while fending off rival faction players without having to sit through a loading screen that will lead you to an instanced event (Jobs in GTA Online), you want an organic world and that's what an MMO will provide...

Unfortunately for it to work it needs either:

1. A subscription fee to keep the weekly maintenance and custumer support.
    2. A F2P model filled with Microtransactions.

Option 2 makes a potentially cool MMO bad (See SWOTOR) and since most of you guys here think it's a travesty to pay for online play and are only gonna take it because next gen doesn't offer alternatives.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Im not asking for a gta mmo nor do I want one
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Of course not... what you want is MMO features in a non MMO... but that won't happen because it's structurally near-impossible to accomplish...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 pm

I dont want mmo features that are impossible to accomplish. Playing online on gtav by yourself is incredibly boring. When nobody has anything to do they go around killing each other, saving time going through 3 loading screens for the more limited tdm and just fucking with people because the alternative is robbing convenience stores for the 27th time.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Jet wrote:I dont want mmo features that are impossible to accomplish. Playing online on gtav by yourself is incredibly boring. When nobody has anything to do they go around killing each other, saving time going through 3 loading screens for the more limited tdm  and just fucking with people because the alternative is robbing convenience stores for the 27th time.
    Well duh... Online games force you to be social... Especially when they are open ended... It's not like a CoD or BF where there are already very limited options so it's pretty straight forward...

But anyways, tell me exactly what you want and I'll tell you why it cannot be

GTA:V Discussion thread - Page 9 You+tell+me+exactly+what+you+want+and+I+will+_9664ccc482fdc8fdd43397e46d84f135
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Well for one the tdm matchmaking modes are pretty limited. The biggest factor against that is that the gunplay isnt very good. If it was then they could just enclose the perimeter further and really different those modes from free roam kills, besides just the death penalty.

Im pretty sure I wrote a long post about the issues with gtav and why its so boring
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Gunplay? Are you playing on those Auto Aim servers?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:10 pm

To shooting. I only play on free aim. And yes its still bad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:48 pm

The mechanics don't feel as good as other games. I was expecting it to be at least slightly better than rdr at least. The random aiming down glitch and the insta kill one hit melee is a problem too, though a lot of games have balancing issues like that. Rdr's online was pretty fun, especially free roam.

Maybe the GTA world is too big to fill with fun stuff to do. I don't get why there's no hunting,engaging challenges, and more in gta like there was in rdr. GTA seems like a step down really when it comes to overall fun. I don't see anything unreasonable about expecting the same company that published rdr to take the features of rdr and expand and improve upon them for their next game.

The only things to do in gta online are the standard gametypes from the last gta game/episodes, glitchy laggy versions of the minigames from single player, arm wrestling (aka twiddle thumbs: the game), boring jobs that usually involve traveling for 10+ minutes from one side of the map to another (which you also have to complete to progress), robbing convienience stores (which gets old after the 50th time you do it), and messing aroundmwith friends (which is hard to call a feature, you could do this in any game).
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 pm

You're judging a game for its multiplayer when that is clearly not its focus... Not to mention the online isn't even complete yet. We're getting a content creator
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Single Player was great, but I enjoyed the variety, fun factor, characters, missions, riots (why didn't they bring back riots? those were the best), and overall feel of GTA SA more.

Graphics, world size, technical, and gameplay aspects of gtav have all improved greatly since sa in gtav though. So I'm not saying gta sa is better, i just have more fun with it. SA seems like a longer game too, took me a few weeks to get through gta sa my third time (took more than a month the other 2 times) and it only took me about a week to get through gtav.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Took me a month to get through gta v.. Playing on the weekends of course... Still trying to get 100%
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:18 pm

I just wish they spent as much time on activities and gameplay refinements as they did on graphics, animations, setting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am