Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

2 posters

This week on Twitter...

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

This week on Twitter... Empty This week on Twitter...

Post by Jet Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Every monday(hopefully!) I will post here interesting articles that catch my eye, found from my twitter. I encourage you to try doing so too and discussing what is something you would like to hear more about. Since they will primarily(with any luck not exlusively!) be based on what topics i follow on my secondary twitter account this should hopefully get me to follow more interesting subjects and maybe even learn a little bit from the recommendations in the process. If its just me posting it will probably be lagging a bit but regardless post what youd like to learn more about and some of us will dig up an article or two around that.

Hopefully we can get a decent conversation going around the topics of the week. Lets see...for now Ill just post the first thing on my timeline:

http://mashable.com/2014/08/29/robots-schools/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

It is basically saying how fast robotics are progressing. So...worldwide there are robotic teachers replacing humans. Im not so sure if thats a good thing. Sure there are benefits but as eveything becomes automated how does that impact the job market? And since the current price for pne of these smartbots is 6000 dollars I cant see these being used in troubled school districts unless they wanna lose out on some money.

Back to the good points...there are benefits like teaching specially challenged kids. Such as those with autism or those who have trouble traveling to and from school. As of now there are programs that involve teacher interacting with stidents online, through video chat and the like. But make no mistake the more the technology evolves the more likely it is for these innovations to become mainstream. In S. Korea there are robots teaching students english, supervised by actual teachers. But if its successful it could mean a phase out of the traditional schooling formula. At least for those who can afford it anyway.

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

This week on Twitter... Empty Re: This week on Twitter...

Post by Jet Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Heres another article ive been wanting to post. Its about a smartpen briding the gap between traditional writing methods and digital. Its a way to transfer notes from paper to digital screen, accessed through such means as a tablet or phone. The companion app allows for the backing of files as well

http://www.dezeen.com/2014/08/28/moleskine-livescribe-smartpen-notebooks-paper-to-screen/

"Stationery brand Moleskine has created a series of notebooks for use with a Livescribe smartpen to turn notes written on the pages into digital files"

The pen is charged via usb. It can also be operated via wifi. Ontop of transfering methods should you have an old school professor who disallows electtonic notetaking the smartpen can also record audio via a tap on the notebook. Thats gotta be useful, you never know whether someone is actually writing or merely recording. I can see that being useful in certain situations, such as when not being allowed to record with existing tools.

"Motion sensors in the pen record the position and movements made by the writer, which are translated into digital images of each page that can be viewed on smartphone and tablet devices."
    I imagine it would be just as easy to delete mistakes as it is on keyboard, maybe even a bit faster than that.

And then there are 3d pens too....ahhh the technology really is amazing. Old forms of communication arent ending they are evolving. But then comes the old critique what if everything is upgraded to the point where we cant function with technology and the ease it provides. But thats a problem that will only apply to future generations long after we're dead ha. It does get you thinking though with the NHK on alert and constantly watching; one hack and not even jecs nudes are safe hahahaha
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Ahh! Id be interested in someone posting some info on those shirts that can calculate your heart rate and other medical through a mere tap. Combine that with the cooling shirt innovation and thats pretty damn cool. A nice touch for those trying to track their health progress. Though I do wonder if even clothes are electronic wont washing them....hmmmmm
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:36 pm

you should post this kind of stuff in general chat
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 pm

No, thats such a waste
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:55 am

Google developing nanopill which detects diseases. Still in early stages. Gethacked
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Got chris hayes to favorite a tweet of mine! Awesome news anchor

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 pm