Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+6
Goldie
Sai
KEKOLD
Jec
Eri
Jet
10 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last]

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last] Empty Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last]

Post by Jet Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:46 am

Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last] Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last]

Post by Eri Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:26 pm

what are you trying to say ?
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last] Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last]

Post by Jec Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:07 pm

hello jec, you looking lovely today, how are you?
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:39 am

Jet wrote:

Sai wrote:I'm gonna use them for music, anime, and basically everything for my computer as well use it on my player time to time.

The thing is people buy headphones for music and other things and use it only for gaming.

how much you spend? I would use my headphones more often but I usually wear a hat. Ill be sure to steal yours by september

Spoiler:

41 dollars. They sound fucking great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:05 pm

KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Old but is an instant classic...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:54 pm

KEKOLD wrote:Old but is an instant classic...
    did you enjoy the finale?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:57 pm

ERI! Ill trade you one login of hbo go for a netflix. Ikuzo?
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:04 pm

Jet wrote:
    KEKOLD wrote:Old but is an instant classic...
    did you enjoy the finale?

I have not seen it yet
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:24 pm

@jet garbage trade
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Not really but fine just share a code with me. Kekold said you get 14 per subscription
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 am

What are you fellows talking about... my phone can't display all the messages.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:28 am

Netflix. Are you in desktop mode? I dont remember if it was you or chakra with that prob
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:00 am

No, Amazon phone silk browser sucks
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Talking about headphones?

My Razer Electra's are still sounding great. They're a bit ugly but the sound's still pristine. Best 60 dollars I've ever spent. Far better than most 400 dollar headphones.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:57 pm

Razer, Turtle Beach, and all those "gaming headphones" companies are the biggest offenders for shitty headphones for too much money, but each to thier own I guess.

Testing all three of these cans out has been very interesting. I'm def gonna have a lot to express to D in a video I'm gonna make.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Damn jec hes calling you out.

Im interested in the video youre making sai. Tell me more
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:40 pm

Razer electras are great. They got expensive recently for some reason, but I've compared dozens of headphones, far more expensive like 200 dollar Bose and 500 hundred dollar senheisser and they still got nothing on my set. I think the only offenders on high price and shifty quality are Beats and Sony headphones
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:39 pm

Bose are not good comparisons, they are essentially like trying to bring up Beats. I've had a Sennheiser 595 for years, and honestly I've just listened and heard how veiled they are. I can't say the HD600 or HD650 are any different but it all just depends on what a person likes in their sound.(Not to mention I don't even know if what you tried was properly amped or not depending on the impedence) If neutrality is a person's thing then they are certainly an option. Sony overprices quite a bit of it's hardware, but there are things that hold up for the price they are. At the time when I bought the MDR-V6 they were definitely worth the price.

But what you might think is good sound might just be a bloated amount of bass for all I know since I've never heard those headphones. General rule of thumb is that the drivers that "gaming headphones" use are of shitty quality, mostly what you buy is the name and the presentation of being gaming headphones.

Jet wrote:Damn jec hes calling you out.

Im interested in the video youre making sai. Tell me more
    I'm going to compare the three pair of cans I currently own as a status check. My next pair of headphones will be the Fidelio X2, but so far the Takstar Hi2050's have surpassed my expectations.
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Sup Kek, a few questions before i make a suggestion.

What's your overall budget for your gaming headset/headphone rig? What's your realistic budget and your "I can't go higher than this" budget?

Are you looking for a headphone only for gaming or are you looking for a headphone that will be good for gaming and for other tasks. Like watching anime, music and movies?

What types of games do you have in mind that you'll be playing with them? Are you looking for something that's primarily good at simulating footsteps in a competitive environment or are you looking for something that will immerse you in the world of your games? Perhaps a cross section of both?

I might have a few followup questions depending on how you answer these first three things.

As for the headphones you linked to the AKG K240 is good for gaming... When it's properly amped, it wouldn't be your best choice to jump right in since you'd need some additional gear to get it to where you want it.

Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Jec wrote:

My Razer Electra's are still sounding great. They're a bit ugly but the sound's still pristine. Best 60 dollars I've ever spent. Far better than most 400 dollar headphones.

That's possible, but probably not probable in my eyes. Sound itself is subjective and I don't really wish to argue about that, the most important thing is that you're happy with what you got and it does it's job.

But generally speaking most $400 audiophile grade headphones will outperform sub $100, hell even sub $200 headphones. Then again there's so many factors at play here, like what sort of sound signature you like. Some people like a "V" shaped signature which has ample bass and treble, but not mids. Some people like Bass above all and want to feel every single rumble and punch. Others like so much treble it feels like an icepick is going through their ears if someone else heard the same exact headphone. In other words, sound is subjective. It's not so much of "what's better" as much as it is "what sounds better to me.

Plus, I don't know the prices of headphones in your native country. A lot of foreign places have insane markup on headphones.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:22 am

When it comes to headphones, there are two ways to see if they are good or not. There's the objective test which sees the sound range of the headset. Good quality ones will pass all these tests without sound distortion. Then there's the subjective way, just like people who couldn't decide on the color of the dress due to neurological and perceptive reasons, I have reasons to believe sound works the same way.

I will say that many have tried my headphones and liked them a lot. They have good bass, good trebble and they cancel noise nicely. I have seen people spend on headphones twice and three times as much as I did for on par or marginally better performance. The cost/benefit ratio is great.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:16 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm