Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

4 posters

Your Top Ten Games OF ALL TIME!!

Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Your Top Ten Games OF ALL TIME!! Empty Your Top Ten Games OF ALL TIME!!

Post by Link Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 am

well, the title of the thread is self explanatory so yeah use this thread to post your top ten games of all time

please keep in mind your opinion is valued but it is OK to disagree with someone else, we don't have to like the same things after all

so as promised here goes my top ten videogames of all time

Number 10

this game Trilogy is so damn good, where to begin, the atmosphere in each planet is unique, the feeling of isolation, this is not even a survival horror game but it has that feel to it sometimes you feel like being followed sometime,s like time is really running out on you, this is the one game trilogy that really made me feel I was traveling through hostile outer space and I love it just for that, also the weapons, the visors, the bosses, everything is top notch, gotta love retro studios

Number 9

perfect setting, perfect protagonist, perfect antagonist, perfect cliff hanger, and OMG that ending, everything about this game is so good, it kept me and still keeps me gripping my controller every minute of the gaming experience whenever I feel like replaying it, every MGS game has a unique feel to them reason I didn't post the MGS collections here but each of them independently, and only 2 MGS games made it to this list, if you know me well enough you must know which other MGS game that is, but that'll come later on

Number 8

This game is the reason to own a gamecube, the other gamecube games are an added bonus but this marvel, I spent countless hours playing this game with friends and on my own and it is still to date my favorite smash bros game, every single mode of the game is so good, and there is so much to do and unlock it's crazy, I love this game and always will

Number 7

I had a hard time choosing this game because to me VII VIII and IX are like triplets, there is no way to love one more than the other because what makes each one unique is precisely what makes them stand out to the others, on FF VII is the materia, in FF VIII is the junction system, and in FF IX is the gems and the return of classes assigned to each individual, FF VII had limit breaks, FF VIII had auras and FF IX had Trances, so as much as I would have loved to put all three in here I am picking VII the most loved/hated entry in the series, reason I choose VII is it introduced RPGs to a lot of people (I played VIII before VII so it wasn't my case) and it had the most iconic characters in the series, if you ever go to an anime or comic con you will find someone dressed as sephiroth, aerith or even cloud, that I can guaranty you but I doubt you'll find cosplay of the other two not because their characters aren't popular but they were not as charming (except for vivi, he is my favorite character from any FF ever, so yeah)

Number 6

If you played this game back in the day you won't need words from me, you will already know what it meant to be in control of the most powerful orbital frame in the known universe back during the ps2 era, so goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

but yeah only one question remains and that is why a money whore like konami is not investing on a part three, but the answer is simple, when your coding people can only half ass an HD port of a game that gained the status of legendary in online forums and give it a bad reputation then it is not worth making a sequel from

Number 5

back in the days when we didn't get any trailers, this game was EPIC with all its letters
    I have to admit that this game and mario bros 3 were pretty much in the same spot on my top 10 but there is only one reason I give this one the spot and not 3 and it is how BIG this game is, so big it is the first mario in which you actually save your progress, on mario bros 3 you can just skip to the last level with the use of flutes, in this one you can use some pipes to get there quicker but it took a lot of time and effort trying to uncover every single hidden level it was so damn good

reason I agree with Miyamoto in naming this game my favorite Mario Bros game of all time

Number 4

Before all of you start talking about the cut scenes and how different the trailer is from the final product I want to mention the importance of this game for the franchise as a whole, first off it brought "closure" on snake, the patriots and Big Boss

it even opened the path for an action game spin off that I quite enjoy playing from time to time and is not worth mentioning on this top ten

and it introduced new in game technologies that no other company or developers have been arsed to use in the same hardware, you had octocamo, ipod could be used, the solid eye, a very advanced and reactive AI and yet all this which makes this game unique remained sealed up in one single game for eternity

this game is my sole reason to own a ps3 and I even bought my second one just so I can play this game I lost count of the many times I've replayed this game counting on my previous ps3 and the current but one thing I can be sure of is I could not play any other game ever and just play just this one and be happy about it

hell I even made a written review of this game back on GT so yeah

Number 3

still gives me the creeps to play this game, I have completed it once and I know pretty much the scares hidden all through the house, but oh boy do I get scared shitless when I play this master piece of entertainment, the Mansion itself deserves credit for being the best huge ass maze I've ever played in videogame history and that is because of the clever level design put into it, the story of the people who actually lived in the mansion is not only deep but touching, this game was so epic not only because the graphics made the game justice, but because the voice overs improved immensely the concept of the first game in the RE franchise

Number 2

this is the most BIAS entry in this top ten, you can call me a Dragon Ball whore all you want, I don't care, I had to put this game here, the gameplay sucks donkey balls except for one thing and one thing only that puts it in gaming heaven for me and my friends of old and that is the kamehame ha battle mechanics, if you don't have a clue what I am talking about in this game when you perform a kamehame ha you opponent has a limited time to counter it and here is when the game elevates himself to an exponential of incredible proportions, both you and your opponent had to press triangle as fast as you could and the one doing it faster had their attack hit the opponent, the tricky part is if you are the one countering your attack will hit harder than if you are the one performing the first attack

I developed so many blisters playing this game it hurts and I regret nothing, not only that but I would relive all those wonderful times beating people with my powerful button mashing

not only that but this game came out in my country both when Dragon Ball Z was during the cell saga and the playstation was everyone's most desire's wish, so yeah

and finally it's time for ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

NUMBER 1

Not only does my user name gives it away completely, but I always use it as reference as what a game with heart and soul feels like when you play it

my Zelda games trio is Ocarina of Time, the Wind Waker and The Minish Cap

the reason for that is because they are the ones I enjoy the most playing but Ocarina of time is such a deep, dark awesome game that I can't help playing it time and time again, I always try to complete this game at least once a year and that is because it has atmosphere, action, music, side quests

I'm not going as far as to say this game is the perfect game, but every time I play it I feel it is pretty near to perfection and I enjoy it every time more than the previous one

btw I love the water temple, haters gonna hate

and that ends this top ten, hope you enjoyed it
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Your Top Ten Games OF ALL TIME!! Empty Re: Your Top Ten Games OF ALL TIME!!

Post by Jet Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:42 pm

How long did it take to come up with that list link?
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:55 pm

I'll make a list. Have to decide on an order though.
    Link

Post by Link Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Jet wrote:How long did it take to come up with that list link?
    like an hour
    Link

Post by Link Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Jec wrote:I'll make a list. Have to decide on an order though.
    awesome, I bet we'll see the mass effect trilogy in there Wink
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:33 pm

Ok... here goes nothing....

10. Chrono Trigger

Well, I loved this game. It was one of the first RPGs I played and completed entirely. It's story and character designs were fantastic. I still hum it's main theme sometimes.

9. World of Warcraft

I'm not much of a social gamer lately. I usually play games to get away from people, but WoW is the exception. It's gameplay is extremely addictive.

8. Super Smash Brothers: Melee

The only reason I got a gamecube, and the only series that tempts me to get a Wii U. I simply can't state the amount of hours I spent in this game. Fantastic multiplayer game. I unlocked every character it had and I would still sit down and play it if I could.

7. Star Wars: Battlefront 2

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, I remember playing this game for more than 12 hours with my friends. The game was simple at it's core but it was fun as hell. Can't wait for BF III

6. Final Fantasy X

Well this game is simply beautiful. The music, the art, the quest... I loved everything about it. The only Final Fantasy game I've enjoyed. I might pick up the HD remaster.

5. Dragon Age: Origins

I loved this game. It reminded me a lot of Star Wars KOTOR which is also on this list. I loved the amount of choices and outcomes the game had. It also had fantastic music and art. The game I'm most looking forward to next year is Dragon Age: Inquisition. I just hope EA doesn't screw it up.

4. Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic

Aaaaahhh KOTOR, the game that unleashed my unconditional love for the Star Wars Franchise. This game was amazing, I loved the freedom of choosing what to say and the customization of your force powers. Not to mention the story and lore was amazing and it had the most incredible plot twist of gaming at the time it was released. I still get chills when Darth Malak drops the bomb on you...

3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls series is one of my favorite of all time. I love freedom, I love open world games because they let you put a piece of yourself into your avatar. I loved Skyrim, it's music, its quests, its exploration, its graphics. The only reason I loved Oblivion more was because it had better music and I prefer Cyrodill to Skyrim.

2 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

The same reasons I mentioned for Skyrim apply here. I remember when I first got this game. I read on IGN and the internets that it was fantastic but I really hadn't seen gameplay of it. So I bought is and started playing it. At first I was underwhelmed. I thought the game was some dungeon crawling game with damp music and fighting zombies all the time. It wasn't until you reach the end of the tutorial sewer and listen to bright refreshing music that you realize the game is an open world jewel.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

1. THE MASS EFFECT TRILOGY

I know it's cheating considering they are three, but this set of games are my favorite ones ever.

Since I was little, I've always been in love with space. The first book I read was an encyclopedia on space. I knew all the planets and their main moons by the age of 7 and I have to say my knowledge of Astronomy has shaped my life. Be it my way of thinking and even my spirituality. So when Mass Effect rolls in, a game so intricate in space and more importantly, being heavy scientific (yes, Mass Effect is a very scientifically accurate game), it was hard not to fall in love with it. The music, the story, the fact that I could chose what I wanted to say.... I loved it all, and I loved every game, even Mass Effect 3, which in my opinion, is great until the very end... When I finished 3, I was extremely sad, almost shed a tear, I wasn't even angry at the ending at the time, I was simply sad... And I think if a game can make you feel such powerful emotions, it's worthy of considering it one of the best.  Your Top Ten Games OF ALL TIME!! 1522976968 
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Oh that was good jec. Nice idea for a thread link even a small paragraph describing your game list gives some insight into how we game and we know each other a little better with the small details.
    Link

Post by Link Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:43 am

Thanks for that top ten Jec, that was pretty cool

and wow almost all your top ten games of all time are RPGs that's pretty cool, I love RPGs, chronno trigger was spectacular when I played it, he might be my number 15 in a top 100 which is why he missed my top ten

@Jet, thanks, I hope the thread stays active and people gets to post their own top tens, you included
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

I hope other bitches post too.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Yeah ill do it no doubt. Its gonna take me a while though....a lot of ps2 games I loved as a kid I probably wouldnt feel the same for, like suikoden v. A lot of the party games like smash I played for hours with friends lots of memories but I didnt own those I went to friends houses. I went often but still didnt own it. I hope I dont leave anything major out after posting
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Aw man, I just remember I didn't mention Ace Combat 5...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Oh yea, Ace Combat 5 was pretty ace Your Top Ten Games OF ALL TIME!! 4187426645
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 am

Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm dissapointed this thread failed.
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:41 pm

forgot bout it. i still gotta think on my top games.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:47 pm

I dont know the order yet. When i do ill explain them

NUMBER 2
    LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES

nostalgia ftw. my favorite adventure game. i love the story. such a deep lore.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:20 pm

bump
    Link

Post by Link Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:34 am

sleeping dogs and puppeteer are in your top ten of all time?

not that those games aren't good, but there are a lot of games that can easily surpass them
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 am

puppeteer is the first game that ive played that has ever done anything this different and incredible. i havent played every game so this list may change in the near future. also sleeping dogs is by far among all games ive played the best combat gameplay ive ever played, story was nice missions were awesome, driving was great.

what games would you believe to surpass them in their genre?
    Link

Post by Link Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:47 am

puppeteer could be overthrown by mario galaxy and galaxy 2 on the platform genre, if not sonic colours which is unbelievably good

in regards to sleeping dogs I would obviously go with GTA V dude...
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:08 am

gta will be up there no worries their.

mario galaxy ...no chance in hell will it make it up their. its a nice piece of work, good stuff, but the levels are so damn easy...and could be much better...mario galaxy 2 havent played so no comment.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:33 pm

This is an amazing game an gets a spot in the top 10 for being so innovative and unique.

ill post my top 10 ten all together when i figure out the rest soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:03 pm