Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+7
Eri
Chakramaster
Jec
jkrulz777
Cyan
Jet
Sai
11 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition]

Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition]

Post by Jec Fri May 02, 2014 5:29 am

Get used to it
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition]

Post by Chakramaster Fri May 02, 2014 5:58 am

Well my friend is out in San Diego right now in the Navy.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Fri May 02, 2014 12:35 pm

ill go find him
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Fri May 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Jet wrote:ill go find him

doubt you'd be able to sneak into a Navy base that easily
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri May 02, 2014 1:49 pm

I did it once. I can do it again
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri May 02, 2014 5:47 pm

If you get shot, your health will regen... go for it Jet
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm

You think im playing on recruit difficulty? Nah im on medium so I gotta find the health packs on the map
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 pm

if jet can sneak into shadow moses island then he will be fine
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:55 am

Jec wrote:Although I am for the legalization of everything, I have to point out Lone that science is a consensus based. Although there is almost a general consensus that hemp has beneficial uses, the existence of one or two researches does not garantee it to be truth. Not even if the study is published in a prestigious journal. Many publications tend to have mistakes that are pointed out in the future.

There's a recent published study linking cannabis to negative brain deformation saying that it was the cause of said changes in the brain structures. Anti pot groups used it as a weapon but the study itself is extremely flawed. For starters they tried to establish a causal relation using cross-sectional data instead of a time series and used a small sample of 20 stoners...

My point is, watch out for bad science. Also, don't fall for sensationalist headlines, they tend to draw erroneous conclusions from studies and are used to easily manipulate people. A preferred tactic for pseudoscience like homeopathy and most conspiracy theories.
    It is a lot more than "one or two researches." All these pro cannabis science journals should get shut down if they're really all falsifying info and spreading disinfo, which I doubt. It would be logical to assume a few of those studies are wrong, but all of them? What is the basis for that assumption?

Also that brain study only mentioned brain scan abnormalities, not what they were exactly or if they were even negative. For example; commonly people have holes in their brain, but because someone doesn't have holes in their brain doesn't mean there's something wrong with them. Abnormality could be good, bad, or irrelevant entirely in the functionality of the brain. As you say it's a case of sensationalist headlines.

Most pseudoscience can be debunked somehow, I have yet to see anyone debunk any studies of cannabis in relation to cancer, seizures, or other illnesses. There aren't a lot of clinical trials since it's illegal for people to use even in the context of scientific study (once again, this is due to the blind hatred and unscientific outlawing of cannabis), but there's tons of people who have taken cannabis and their tumors shrunk and/or their cancer went away entirely. There's no debunking of those people no longer having cancer going on either. If it's false it can, and should, be debunked. The stringent anti-drug people really need to step up their game.

Additionally there's nothing supporting D's claims at all, not even one study. He just spouts endless baseless allegory and feelings. Weed isn't a narcotic like he says, it doesn't make people morally corrupt (don't even know how you could test for that), and it isn't harmful.

Jec wrote:http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/cannabis-cannabinoids-and-cancer-%E2%80%93-evidence-so-far

This is an excellent blog on Cannabinoids and Cancer... separating the truth from the bullshit. It's a good read.
    The only clinical trial used highly purified THC, not cannabis oil with CBD or any other cannabinoids. And even then, in terminally ill brain cancer patients who were solely given THC, it still had some effect in eight out of nine of them.

They didn't even use the full cannabinoid spectrum, just THC. That's another misconception with many science people, they think just because THC is the active (psychoactive) ingredient that it's the only thing that needs to be studied or does anything. There are many more cannabinoids than just THC and CBD, and they all need to be studied.

Really there's not a lot of mention here of other cannabinoids. Mostly just THC and a few mentions of CBD and how it counters the psychoactive side effects of THC.

BobGeneral wrote:Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 1238736_10152837075364741_652984139484240856_n
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 10264709_10202593798819777_8407187573295812602_n
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 10255358_10151931410591504_6294760668139465107_n
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 1544598_10152128185125822_1314608286_n
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Marijuana_use_rate_by_race_year
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Young_usage_rates_marijuana
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Neverused_marijuana_by_race
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Marijuana_arrest_rates_by_race_year
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Marijauna_arrest_disparity_county
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Massachusetts_disparity_year_by_year
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 10259851_713152048741943_3908780451279421804_n

Last edited by Lone on Sat May 03, 2014 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat May 03, 2014 1:05 am

That affluenza case really pissed me off. A kid is drunk driving kills a bunch of people and cripples ones for life and he gets off on influenza a fake disease pretty much saying his money made him do it. I actually saw some monsters on cnn defending him last year arguing "we cant send him in to jail he will be immediately attacked." Like millions of others less fortunate than him, yes.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat May 03, 2014 1:15 am

was talking to someone who was telling me a guy that was buying tabacco and was selling it. he is placed under investigation and if they can prove he was doing it he can face up to 10 years in prison. while being caught with a joint is prob a slap on the wrist here.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 4:10 am

Why did ifls delete the comment section on that article anyway? I saw some people who were saying pro-marijuana things then got their comments removed and kept reposting them, but idk if that's why they got rid of comments altogether or what. There were people talking about Harry J Anslinger and the corporate/union lobby efforts to make/keep cannabis/hemp (note hemp isn't even psychoactive) illegal, none of which was even mentioned in the article. I would think these things would at least get a footnote.

There's also a lot of promotion of synthetic and concentrated cannabinoids in that article. If they're unsure about small amounts of naturally occurring cannabinoids why are they so certain that artificial recreations will work better? Because they can be patented and controlled? That hasn't worked very well for any other pharmaceutical drugs, which cause the most addictions, dependencies, and deaths in this country.

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 Overdose-Deaths

That sort of stuff makes me laugh out loud, especially when I see them also saying things like this;
    "Is Cancer Research UK investigating cannabinoids?

We want to see safe, reliable and effective treatments become available for patients as quickly as possible."

Once again I'd like to see one instance of cannabis oil, juice, or vapor killing or leading to negative physical effects in anyone. Especially an overdose. It seems like synthetic imitations are a lot worse than natural ones most of the time, and extracting and concentrating certain specific components of something (please realize that plants in nature commonly contain synergistic components that counteract and/or support each other, that's one reason supplements alone are never as effective as a good diet) doesn't sound a lot safer either. Though it would certainly be interesting to see them extract specific cannabinoids that destroy specific cancer cells fairly quickly and eliminate cancer on the spot, it doesn't sound like that's going to happen any time soon.

Goddamn I wish we took such stringent precautions with testing our food, then maybe there wouldn't be so many obese/sick people that need medications  Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 39 1655936591 

Jet wrote:That affluenza case really pissed me off. A kid is drunk driving kills a bunch of people and cripples ones for life and he gets off on influenza a fake disease pretty much saying his money made him do it. I actually saw some monsters on cnn defending him last year arguing "we cant send him in to jail he will be immediately attacked." Like millions of others less fortunate than him, yes.
    Yep, our system is so obviously broken and corrupt and people still want to defend it. Like the only logical explanation would be that those people are paid shills, but of course it's much more likely that they're just brainwashed morons.
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 am

the pretentiousness here is astounding

Jet Im sorry I didnt get to respond, did you mean for torrent download or for streaming? Torrent download prob isnt possible for you since it would have to be in dual audio which is usually huge as fuck in file size.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat May 03, 2014 10:31 am

I downloaded a dual audio anime. I have a microSD Smile

Im not sure whats wrong with the files though whenever I try to skip past the opening it skips to the second episode instead. Do you know any reliable sites with the EP dub
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat May 03, 2014 10:36 am

Lone wrote:
    It is a lot more than "one or two researches." All these pro cannabis science journals should get shut down if they're really all falsifying info and spreading disinfo, which I doubt. It would be logical to assume a few of those studies are wrong, but all of them? What is the basis for that assumption?

Also that brain study only mentioned brain scan abnormalities, not what they were exactly or if they were even negative. For example; commonly people have holes in their brain, but because someone doesn't have holes in their brain doesn't mean there's something wrong with them. Abnormality could be good, bad, or irrelevant entirely in the functionality of the brain. As you say it's a case of sensationalist headlines.

Most pseudoscience can be debunked somehow, I have yet to see anyone debunk any studies of cannabis in relation to cancer, seizures, or other illnesses. There aren't a lot of clinical trials since it's illegal for people to use even in the context of scientific study (once again, this is due to the blind hatred and unscientific outlawing of cannabis), but there's tons of people who have taken cannabis and their tumors shrunk and/or their cancer went away entirely. There's no debunking of those people no longer having cancer going on either. If it's false it can, and should, be debunked. The stringent anti-drug people really need to step up their game.

Additionally there's nothing supporting D's claims at all, not even one study. He just spouts endless baseless allegory and feelings. Weed isn't a narcotic like he says, it doesn't make people morally corrupt (don't even know how you could test for that), and it isn't harmful.

I know Lone, I'm pro cannabis use and research, my point is, we have to be careful where we get our info. Most sensationalist headlines that say Cannabis treats every type of cancer and that is simply not true. Most studies don't even conclude hemp treats cancer, only state possible positive effects on people since they can't truly test it on people, just petri dishes yet the headlines state "cure".
    Also, there are studies that state, once again, possible negative effects of Cannabis  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15026328
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15749859
    So it all comes down to individually analyzing each study, trying to find flaws or truly understanding their scope and see if the headline fits the study's conclusions and abstract.

And lastly, images on facebook with witty remarks and youtube videos is not enough evidence.
    I end with the famous quote of unknown origin that I have had to apply in econometrics (But applies to any science, both natural and social)

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 am

Jet wrote:I downloaded a dual audio anime. I have a microSD Smile

Im not sure whats wrong with the files though whenever I try to skip past the opening it skips to the second episode instead. Do you know any reliable sites with the EP dub
    I'm pretty sure I watched ergo proxy on justdubs when I was more ignorant on anime

http://justdubs.tv/anime/ergo-proxy-english-dub/
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 am

damn no dwl?
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat May 03, 2014 10:52 am

Jet wrote:damn no dwl?
    there is, but its a invite only site that I have.

edit nvm I found one
    http://bakabt.me/157846-ergo-proxy-dvd-h264-ac3-bludragon.html

bakabt and nyaa are THE reliable sites
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat May 03, 2014 11:07 am

bakabt ty very much sai!
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat May 03, 2014 11:26 am

Just a word to the wise, I heard bakabt is different from nyaa where if you dont seed back and maintain a ratio, even if you dont have an account they will cap the speed that you download, so try to use it sparingly if you dont plan on seeding back.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 am

how long would I need to seed for to avoid the penalty? how long does the speed nerf last? you stop seeding by clearing it off the torrent program right?
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat May 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Basically you would have to seed it till you have the same amount of uploaded data as downloaded, im not sure how it lasts, and you stop seeding by deleting the torrent from the list correct.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat May 03, 2014 1:08 pm

ah excellent. once again your tech expertise saves the day
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Sat May 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Jec wrote:

I know Lone, I'm pro cannabis use and research, my point is, we have to be careful where we get our info. Most sensationalist headlines that say Cannabis treats every type of cancer and that is simply not true. Most studies don't even conclude hemp treats cancer, only state possible positive effects on people since they can't truly test it on people, just petri dishes yet the headlines state "cure".
    Also, there are studies that state, once again, possible negative effects of Cannabis  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15026328
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15749859
    So it all comes down to individually analyzing each study, trying to find flaws or truly understanding their scope and see if the headline fits the study's conclusions and abstract.

And lastly, images on facebook with witty remarks and youtube videos is not enough evidence.
    I end with the famous quote of unknown origin that I have had to apply in econometrics (But applies to any science, both natural and social)

"The plural of anecdote is not data"

If this was real life I'd be profusely nodding in agreement while trying to cover up some of my chuckling.

Hey Lone, can you say hi to my aunt Sally for me?
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Sat May 03, 2014 4:41 pm

In somewhat related news, new Black Keys single is pretty good. Has some elements of 60's psyschedlica in the opening and chorus.  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:29 pm