Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+5
Goldie
Link
Jet
Eri
Sai
9 posters

Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze

Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze - Page 39 Empty Re: Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze

Post by Sai Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Changed the title and the anichart on the OP
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze - Page 39 Empty Re: Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze

Post by Jec Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Eri wrote:
    Jec wrote:I'm only 6 episodes in Lost Canvas and I have enjoyed it.

Piscis Albafica > Piscis Aphrodite

Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze - Page 39 13420244746243_f

iduno how to watch anything after sanctuary....my previous method is closed down

R.I.P Animania
    Animeflavor.com
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Kissanime is better....you can stream there and you get points for doing so. You can spend those points to download episodes all at once of an entire series. Or you can just dwl episodes direct individually w.o spending points. It also allows you to bookmark series. Alternatively...theres always torrents

Last edited by Jet on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Sai wrote:Changed the title and the anichart on the OP
    bro im gonna change it back since there is only a page and a half left of this thread. That way the new one can be what you named it. Lets get this to page 50 before next weekend
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Well the threads don't autolock at 1000, and this thread doesnt really particularly get alot of activity anyway. There's really no point in making in a new thread.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:32 pm

Still gonna do it!
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Just finished Durarara x2 first chapter. I enjoyed it, Shizuo awesome as always. I think OP of the season goes to this series. Okamotos headhunt was just too good. Ill catch chapter 2 when it begins it's broadcast in july.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:19 pm

Tokyo ghoul root A(whaaaa) is done. I dont quite get the receotion for this series. The manga, sure. But the anime made no sense I dont even know what the point is. Way overhyped.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:52 am

Death Parade was cool, did you like the Light yagami cameo? Both death note and DP were by the same studio I think

EVERYTHING IS ENDING
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:39 am

Damn... 18 th century aldebaran is way cooler than the modern version
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:47 am

Man the next season starts about next week and there's still shows really lagging on subs, Yatterman and Koufuku graffiti
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Jojos isnt even on the anichart even though its continuing. It should be on winter leftovers
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Is baseball in anime form(diamond no ace) as boring to watch as baseball irl?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Chakra you watching sao on toonami?
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Jet wrote:Jojos isnt even on the anichart even though its continuing. It should be on winter leftovers
    meeeeeh everyone whos watching it knows it anyway

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:08 pm

The fact that it isnt on the anichart makes me question its accuracy though. Is there anything else its missing?
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:17 pm

I think thats the only thing it's missing. I could just link to anichart under it for an discrepancies anyway
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:38 pm

Fugging A where le fuck are the lupin III series 2 dubs?!!!! No streaming site has it except hulu but fuck that shit. This is all I found download wise

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=64738

NO SEEDS!!! >:C(
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:04 pm

With the advent of the new season comes the clearing of Winters leftovers: Garo the animation, and Yowamushi Pedal. Garo...hmm not much to say on this one. Mediocre but watchable. I am surprised its getting a sequel, I dont consider it anything special.

Yowamushi....its a biking anime which given its rarity ill give it points for that if nothing else. This last season of 24 episodes consisted entirely of one race. In fact last season ended ON this race. What that means is lots of flashbacks to give the protagonists inspiration. Lots of last minute bursts of energy("for muh nakama!!") And since there are no powerups common in the fantasy genres you can expect ridiculousness such as leaning back on your bike and pushing it forward to win a photo finish race, "climbing" a hill with a goofy style, as in swaying back and forth, akin to a spiders movement and the like. Very dangerous looking feats. In fact the end of each episode ends with a disclaimer that whats witnessed is fake and to not attempt in real life haha.

But, Yowamushi taught me some things such as "drafting" which is the process of "pulling" for your team. As the lead rider experiences the most wind resistance those behind him are able to retain their stamina and keep pace with less power, thus less exhaustion. Each rider then takes turns at the front to help conserve the teams energy. Its identical to the system in car racing(shoutout initial d!) and otherwise known as slipstreaming(in gta!). Understanding the idea is simple but its really cool seeing the formation mid shift. I imagine seeing the windmill formation in an actual race would be the highlight of the sport, from a spectators perspective anyway lol. I also enjoyed the distinction between climber style cyclists and sprinters which is easy enough to discern their roles. Though theres not much depth in the sport so it does seem like the anime tries to make up for that by perhaps a bit too much of the old dream scream matches.

Overall watching this show made me yearn to get back on my cycle. Truly I regret selling mine last summer. To create the desire to take up the sport in question, thats the highest goal that a sports anime can meet. While for me Yowamushi didnt stir as great a commitment to cycling as say, Ping Pong the animation did for table tennis, its a commendable trait nonetheless. You wont find a complexity of characters or deep plot entanglements really. The racers really just want to win a race, and have fun doing it. By the first few episodes you know what to expect, the usual character archetypes playing to them. But what you will find is an entertaining take on an often unexplored sport.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:02 pm

ONE PUNCH MAN PV....ARE...YOU....READY? START!

...coming sometime in 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bdb1V0Io_g&feature=youtu.be
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:47 pm

Jet wrote:Fugging A where le fuck are the lupin III series 2 dubs?!!!! No streaming site has it except hulu but fuck that shit. This is all I found download wise

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=64738

NO SEEDS!!! >:C(
    I cant find any dubs for part 2 of lupin so until I do im gonna add it to my dropped list. Luckily theres a few OVAS, movies and specials(all 3 program types relatively same length) on youtube so I can just catch those when im feeling to urge for anime that inspired GTA heists. But if any of yall find what im looking for kindly pass along a link.

I regret watching Pokemon mega evolution special so im also adding that to the drop. Seeing as I got halfway through blood+ and digimon frontier during their original broadcasts ill replace those with them. Also its a sign from the crest of streaming that they are both on Netflix(good looking out eri)
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:50 am

Ronja daughter of the bandit was really good! It starts out slow, the first two episodes dont have much of a story outside of presenting a slice of life tale. But it gradually develops as the characters are established and gains quite a bit of charm along the way. Honestly, I ended most episodes with a smile on my face even when it seemed like nothing major happened. Sanzokus cast, particularly Ronjya and Bjorke, had personality in spades that really appealed to the inner kid in me. The tragic truth of innocence is that one can only truly appreciate it as an adult- too late, for by then it is already lost. There are but a few grand examples of this attribute in the series, but it is exemplified by the simple ways in which the characters interact. The way people can care for each other even when they are at their worst, the selflessness of giving, and the willingness to sacrifice oneself to protect what you care about- empathy. That is what defines this as the best aspect of humanity.

It wont make you cry but it should at least warrant a watch before dismissing it as a mere childrens anime. Ultimately this is a series I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a show to give to a young sibling or cousin. Its messages hold values which should be universally recognized, specially by the youngest among us.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:20 pm

Jet wrote:Sai likes nisekoi. Chakra stratos is probably something youd like...AND...AND....check out plastic memories if only since its by the ppl from steins gate and you liked that right.
    Speaking of Steins gate check this out

http://myanimelist.net/anime/30484/Steins;Gate_0

Looks like your jam is getting a sequel chakra Smile So remember this, plastic memories, gunslinger stratos and whatever else I recommended on the last installment of "Random roulette: the feature where I recommend something without actually watching" Wink [srs]
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:21 pm

woot OPM !

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:09 pm

While the season has already started the first anime of spring wont premiere until tomorrow. For me it wont officially begin until loredas with Seraph of the end. So lets get this thread to page 50 before saturday!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:26 pm