Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

2 posters

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition]

Iri
    Iri
    Academy Ninja: Apprentice

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] Empty The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition]

Post by Iri Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 am

Discuss Skyrim in all its glory in this thread.

I'm currently playing as a level 27 who I named Achilles. I already beat the Dark Brotherhood, Companions, and won the civil war on the Imperials side. now thinking about starting the main questline just because I'm so bored. I started my dude off as a warrior using One-Handed and Heavy Armor but I'm trying to get his thief skills up so I can be a blend of the two and do the Thieves Guild.

also I have to say the Dark Brotherhood questline was fucking awesome
    Anonymous

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] Empty Re: The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition]

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm still waiting on that GOTY edition.
    Iri
    Iri

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] Empty Re: The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition]

Post by Iri Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:10 pm

A little update on my Skyrim progress I guess, since this thread isn't getting much activity.

I've pretty much done everything worth doing, now just trying to get the plat. I'm only missing like 5 Daedric Artifacts and I still need to do the College of Winterhold questline, but other than that it should be my first plat on PS3.

And Lone....quit dicking around and pick that shit up.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 pm

I just finished it & got the plat. Bethesda did sloppy work on the ps3 version. They were probably paid off to do that shit port. Sounds a lot more likely than a supposed top tier developer taking months to fix the immense lag on the system. That former is the more optimistic view.

I also had too high expectations for this. I thought the games immersiveness had progressed farther than it had. The spouse feature reminds me too much of fable, just there. That said I still played the shit outta it. Perhaps by Frostfall there will be an announcement on us getting the dlc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Iri wrote:And Lone....quit dicking around and pick that shit up.
    GOTY Edition isn't out yet.
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:22 am

Jet wrote:I just finished it & got the plat. Bethesda did sloppy work on the ps3 version. They were probably paid off to do that shit port. Sounds a lot more likely than a supposed top tier developer taking months to fix the immense lag on the system. That former is the more optimistic view.

I also had too high expectations for this. I thought the games immersiveness had progressed farther than it had. The spouse feature reminds me too much of fable, just there. That said I still played the shit outta it. Perhaps by Frostfall there will be an announcement on us getting the dlc.

I was also disappointed by the whole marriage thing. It turned out pretty lame, and obviously wasn't that important to the developers. If anything they should have included more marriage options directly in quests like they did in Fable 3 with that one chick that you reunite with. I thought that was a nice touch that elevated the whole marriage feature to a more active place in the series.

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the gameplay and the whole feel of the Elder Scrolls series....but you can't deny that it's an addicting concept.

Also thought I'd add that the entire Thieves Guild questline was pretty badass. The Nightingale Armor is pretty dope although I think the Guild Master armor gives better benefits.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Agreed. I didnt dig DB as much this time around, Thieves was my favorite. Felt Mages wouldve been better if it was longer, it was too short. Same w/ Warriors but I thought it was pretty lame overall. Was hoping to find quests that included you as part of the group more in Mages & Warriors questline...Hmm its like when im reading Jon in the nights watch(book 4 atm) it feels hes continually progressing in skill & goes from a loner to... well Jon in book 4. If those questlines wouldve felt somewhat like that they wouldve been good. Didnt like Skyrim as a region much either. A big downer for me were the cities. I loved the scale of the imperial city & wouldve loved something akin to it.
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 am

Jet wrote:Agreed. I didnt dig DB as much this time around, Thieves was my favorite. Felt Mages wouldve been better if it was longer, it was too short. Same w/ Warriors but I thought it was pretty lame overall. Was hoping to find quests that included you as part of the group more in Mages & Warriors questline...Hmm its like when im reading Jon in the nights watch(book 4 atm) it feels hes continually progressing in skill & goes from a loner to... well Jon in book 4. If those questlines wouldve felt somewhat like that they wouldve been good. Didnt like Skyrim as a region much either. A big downer for me were the cities. I loved the scale of the imperial city & wouldve loved something akin to it.

Good points here, I didn't like the cities either. Solitude was the only city I really liked and that's only because it had a more epic feel and the way it was laid out. Shit, it's really the only true "city" sized dwelling in the entire game.

And now that you mention A Song of Ice and Fire...I think because I was reading the books at the same time I was playing through the game that it ruined enjoyment for me...because the universe in ASoIaF is so large and the the plot is so well written and interesting that Skyrim just looked like shit in comparison.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Haha glad I didn't start reading til May then. Ice & Fire needs a proper game adaptation, I heard the last one sucked. Maybe there will be a mod for PC. In any case theres speculation dlc might not release on PS3 at all now. Funny how this was my most anticipated game ever
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Well at least you'll always have 100% in it.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:42 pm

That is true. Still Bethesda disappoints. If it is released it should be at a discount
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:54 am

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 3-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 4-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 6-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 7-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 8-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 10-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 13-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 18-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 20-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 21-1

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 22

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 23

The Official Skyrim Thread [Fuck Mudcrabs Edition] 24
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:23 am

Getting ready for halloween I see
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:20 am

Jet wrote:Haha glad I didn't start reading til May then. Ice & Fire needs a proper game adaptation, I heard the last one sucked. Maybe there will be a mod for PC. In any case theres speculation dlc might not release on PS3 at all now. Funny how this was my most anticipated game ever

Yeah, a proper Ice and Fire RPG game would be awesome. Have all the famous families, the political intrigue, the combat, and tie it up into an awesome game for PS3 or 360. I think it should have a choice drive story where you can choose what you want to do, like be a member of the Kingsguard or part of the Night's Watch.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:39 am

Ive played games like that but it would take an ambitious developer to really try something w/ I&F. The Witcher 2 devs sound like the most suitable from what I hear of them.
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:58 am

Old but still pretty good.

Plus Lindsey Stirling is attractive af Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:08 am