Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+8
Goldie
Sai
Chakramaster
Jet
KEKOLD
Eri
Jec
Link
12 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #13 [Hardcore History]

Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #13 [Hardcore History] - Page 11 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #13 [Hardcore History]

Post by Link Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:16 am

Sai wrote:Damn, hope your shit is good now Link.
    well it looks like the problem was classic shell, because it kept trying to start before the win8 start menu

so the processor entered a loop in which it didn't know which to give priority to, so today I'll upgrade to win8.1 and uninstall classic shell and see how it goes, if the start menu of win8.1 helps me keep track of my files the way classic shell did the problem might be solved, but until the update anything I install will be deleted by the new OS, so I'm waiting until it is finished installing

thanks for the concern bro, as soon as I can stream again I'll post it here
    Jec
    Jec

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #13 [Hardcore History] - Page 11 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #13 [Hardcore History]

Post by Jec Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:25 am

I still don't understand why you can't find your files in windows 8... it works the same way as it always has...

And yes, you should have updated to windows 8.1 since it came out last week.
    Link

Post by Link Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 am

Jec wrote:I still don't understand why you can't find your files in windows 8... it works the same way as it always has...

what do you mean same way, for starters the start icon wasn't there so you couldn't find "my PC" from which you can pretty much start looking for anything

classic shell brought back the start icon with all the info displayed like it was win7

but yeah I just installed win8.1 and it's working just fine, hopefully it will continue working just fine
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 am

Link wrote:
    Jec wrote:I still don't understand why you can't find your files in windows 8... it works the same way as it always has...

what do you mean same way, for starters the start icon wasn't there so you couldn't find "my PC" from which you can pretty much start looking for anything

classic shell brought back the start icon with all the info displayed like it was win7

but yeah I just installed win8.1 and it's working just fine, hopefully it will continue working just fine
    There are many ways to access "My PC" on windows 8
    Just click on the library button on the task bar (The one that looks like folder, which is your windows explorer or the "My PC" you're looking for) and on the top right there's a "Search on this PC" bar where you can just type the name of the file you need. Or on the left side you can see your libraries and look for your documents, music, etc.

There's literally no excuse..

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #13 [Hardcore History] - Page 11 Capturadepantalla2013-10-23091808_zps1ab6fd08

As you can see, 8.1 brings back the Windows button because it was apparently too hard to press a button on the keyboard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 am

Probably better than Vista I bet.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 am

Im looking forward to the next hobbit movie in a couple months
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:20 am

Yea looks good.

Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 am

lmao good stuff
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Lions and tigers are pretty cool
    Link

Post by Link Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Jec wrote:
    Link wrote:

There are many ways to access "My PC" on windows 8
    Just click on the library button on the task bar (The one that looks like folder, which is your windows explorer or the "My PC" you're looking for) and on the top right there's a "Search on this PC" bar where you can just type the name of the file you need. Or on the left side you can see your libraries and look for your documents, music, etc.

There's literally no excuse..

[img]https://2img.net/h/i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq152/JEC-2/Capturadepantalla2013-10-23091808_zps1ab6fd08.png[/mg]

As you can see, 8.1 brings back the Windows button because it was apparently too hard to press a button on the keyboard.
    I know the start button is back, but is not the way it used to be before, so yeah it is working fine after all

and yeah I never clicked the folder icon before so yeah, thanks tho
    Link

Post by Link Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Lone wrote:Probably better than Vista I bet.
    anything is better than Vista, anything

but they had to try Vista's interface to get 7 working as fine as it does

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:19 pm

I liked Win 7 a lot when I was able to use it. Haven't tried 8 yet, but I hear a lot of bad things about it.

If I didn't have to worry about XP not being compatible with my motherboard and having problems with my laptop like I did with my comp I'd switch to XP, and if 7 wasn't so expensive I'd switch to it in a heartbeat.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:32 pm

You can pirate os right?
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Windows 8 is not as bad as people like to make it seem. It is different.

The problem is, Windows OS are usually very similar to one another and they made the mistake of making big changes in Windows 8 that are not as intuitive as it should have been, so I get the criticism some people giving it for being "hard" to use.

But at it's core, once you learn everything about it, it's smooth as fuck. Works great with my Ultrabook too.
    Link

Post by Link Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm having problems with my usb ports after the 8.1 install, I'm gonna restart and see if they solve
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Make sure you update all drivers. I had trouble with my sound card.
    Link

Post by Link Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Jec wrote:Make sure you update all drivers. I had trouble with my sound card.
    how am I supposed to update them?

don't they update themselves?

puagh!
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Sometimes there are compatibility issues with new OS updates...

Are you on a laptop or a desktop? I would suggest searching on google your brand reference and see if there's a solution
    Link

Post by Link Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 pm

i'm on a laptop
    but I think restarting fixed the thing

I did delete all my shows and movies I had dloaded in a month by doing a system back up

supposedly it was gonna go into a partition of my external HDD but it deleted all the partitions and made its own and formatted the whole thing lolol

omg this has been a terrible week in regards to my laptop issues xD
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:50 pm

it happens with updates occasionally. I updated once and after it start back up my headphone jack didn't work. Restarting fixed it...I guess it has to do with it not fully finishing applying the patch to have something fully functional again. Kinda bad, especially if it ever doesn't finish something kinda important one day.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Link wrote:i'm on a laptop
    but I think restarting fixed the thing

I did delete all my shows and movies I had dloaded in a month by doing a system back up

supposedly it was gonna go into a partition of my external HDD but it deleted all the partitions and made its own and formatted the whole thing lolol

omg this has been a terrible week in regards to my laptop issues xD
    ._.

wow
    Link

Post by Link Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 pm

dude...

was I supposed to know that backup would delete everything else?

they were supposed to be independent HDDs
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Jec wrote:
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #13 [Hardcore History] - Page 11 Capturadepantalla2013-10-23091808_zps1ab6fd08
    lolspanishcomputers

i see youre using ventanas ocho

also loljohnny
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Don't you have somewhere else to gay up DX?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Lol dx insults everybody

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:13 am