Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

4 posters

Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment

Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment Empty Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment

Post by Sai Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:56 pm

So this is the thread where we discuss what we are currently watching, what we recommend, asking for recommendations what have you.

Spring 2015 Chart:
    Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment GTbyJ Btw the image is huge

Where to get anime legally?
    Crunchyroll
    Want to be a cool kid?:
    Nyaa

For full series:
    bakabt
    animebyt.es (Invite only, I have some invites so I might be willing to give some depending if you can maintain a ratio or not)

Also feel free to post MALs, it will help for recommendations

Here is mine, feel free to ask me about anything I've watched, and I'll see if I can't give you some info on it.

Dozo

Jet

Chakra

Media Players to watch anime:
    For the love of god don't want your downloaded anime on WMP
    VLC is the same thing, just to a somewhat lesser extent, the problem with VLC is that it does not work well with HD, not to mention it wasn't designed to be used that way anime.

The Solution?
    Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment Logo-256x256
    MPC-HC
    To play currently running stuff you need Codes to run 10 bit with less problems, because it seems to be the standard, unfortunately, thankfully there's a pack which installs all the necessary codecs for you, if you get more interested the codecs you can go ahead and switch some out for your own later on!
    CCCP

Any thing you think I should add here to the OP I will take into consideration, any thing that will make things more convenient and easier! Happy watching!
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment Empty Re: Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment

Post by Jet Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Pasting just to see if chakra will respond this time

Jet wrote:
    Jet wrote:Sai likes nisekoi. Chakra stratos is probably something youd like...AND...AND....check out plastic memories if only since its by the ppl from steins gate and you liked that right.
    Speaking of Steins gate check this out

http://myanimelist.net/anime/30484/Steins;Gate_0

Looks like your jam is getting a sequel chakra Smile So remember this, plastic memories, gunslinger stratos and whatever else I recommended on the last installment of "Random roulette: the feature where I recommend something without actually watching" Wink [srs]
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment Empty Re: Anime General Thread Act 2: Spring 2015: Root of Flourishment

Post by Eri Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:13 pm

i kinda miss nhk even thou i re-watch not to long ago.

its on netflix too
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Also I just wanna say are anime streaming services limited to funi vs Cr? Lame ass shit like hulu notwithstanding

Kinda mad I dont like funis video player or support but they keep getting great selections. CR usually gets the same type of shows so you know what to expect...this is the breakdown for my 8 favs

Crunchyroll
    Fate S/n S2 (You already know)

Punchline (made by MAPPA an offshoot studio of madhouse. Seen a couple of their series nothing groundbreaking imo but the animation? Gorgeous)

Gintama (Gintoki)

Funimation
    Seraph of the end (WIT studio. May be better than eri gave it credit for)

Arslan Senki (Hiromu Arakawa penned the chapters this adaption is based on tight? Different version, im all for more of whatevr the author of FMA has up her sleeve)

Kekkai Sensen (Bones studio. Sounds interesting

Still in Play: dont let funi grab em!

Lupin 2015

Digimon Tri

Maybe: CR has these

Gunslinger Stratos

Plastic memories

EDIT: just saw punchline trailer....instantly dropped to bottom of my watchlist. Shame...concept sounded interesting...

Last edited by Jet on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:34 pm

As usual the safest bet is to download all animes

it just pisses me off that every fucking season I finish shit like a week or two later than its airing because I can't stand HS
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:43 pm

That is true, I just prefer streaming. If I had a pc Id be on that a lot more often. But its a mission to even get to the download screen on the slow ass ps3 browser so yeah

Lol hows the japanese coming sai? This adversity should motivate you to learn faster so you can watch RAWs
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:07 am

I dont think thats really gonna happen, there really needs to be a large amount of time put outside to even reach that level

besides I'm more interested in reading it than speaking/hearing it and understanding it.

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:54 am

Sai wrote:I dont think thats really gonna happen, there really needs to be a large amount of time put outside to even reach that level

besides I'm more interested in reading it than speaking/hearing it and understanding it.

well ok youre still cool
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:54 am

Ok I was gonna post all the PVs for the sacred 8 last week., but we were nearing a new thread so I saved them for this. One of these should get the attention of even those of you who dont like anime. (Im looking at you chakra) Hopefully one of the series will peak your interest and we can start discussions, it is a new season after all. The first is about to premiere in 7 hrs starting with Seraph of the end. Gonna list the trailers in the order of hype I have for them. Also added PM and GS, they are not part of the sacred 8 though.

WARNING: Some shows may turn out shittier than at first appear.

Arslan Senki Smile

Fate Stay Night 2nd season Smile

Kekkai Sensen Smile

Digimon Tri Smile

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reigns Smile

Lupin 2015 :l

Gintama 2015 :l

Punchline Sad

Gunslinger Stratos :l

Plastic Memories Sad

Digimon hasnt released a PV since the last one. And Lupin 2015 doesnt even have one out yet...so I added a DBZ PV instead. Also neither have a release date yet....kinda worried they are gonna end up being OVAs.

Last edited by Jet on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:09 pm

None of the vids show up, you'd better just link them instead of embedding them
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:44 pm

Should be up now. Took a bit of energy but its stable now, ya
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:19 pm

I can see them on my phone. Is that a new digimon tri trailer?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:12 pm

No. Theres a lot of interesting new series besides that one though. Also check out this new anime coming the summer. Looks gangsta.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Digimon Frontier was about as bad as I remember it. Blood+ couldve been a deal shorter.

Norigami on the other hand was near perfection. Everything from the animation to the soundtrack was spot on. The best quality of Norigami was by far its originality though. It has been quite a long time since ive seen unique concepts like what I saw in this series. I was hooked from the beginning, the only criticism if you can call it that is I wanted more. It ended too soon, but I also thought there was some charm in the storys simplicity. I cannot hand it enough praises. So glad its getting a second season.

Eri I highly recommend you watch it as soon as you can. Its on netflix. But remember the service cuts shows without notice.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:39 pm

number of eps?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Forgot to mention that as another plus, only 12 episodes so about as short as they come
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:57 pm

kk ill check it out soon.

gansta looks pre good.

funny how lupin is dbz in ur post.

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Smile
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Wow I might actually have to watch Yona of the Dawn. I saw a crunchyroll trailer when watching a youtube video and was actually thankful for it for once, This isnt it in full but all I could find of it was this. CR keeps their content locked up tight, even their promos!!
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Its off to a good start. I love these type of shows that deal with armies, kingdoms, betrayal and intrigue. It may not be as dark as Id like it to be, who knows but promising no doubt. Lesson to not judge entirely by cover art. Art style I think is debatable but that shouldn't preclude one from trying out a few episodes or so.

....that is if the person in question cannot have eri/chakra scout out a series to see if it sucks or not because the person doesnt wanna add more to droplist. >_>
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:44 pm

I already posted that shit homie.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:56 am

Speaking of anime with questionable art style I saw an episode of Seraph of the end. Its kinda cool but seems sorta rushed. I believe there were two timeskips in the first episode alone. In total skipping somewhere from 5-8 years. We dont even get a decent grasp of the initial setting or characters by the end. Its almost as if the studio(or mangaka) didnt care enough about creating a rich background and just wanted to get to the action. Sure enough I checked the tabscreen and Seraph is only going up to 12 episodes this season so that raises a yellow flag that it might end up being a rushjob. Perhaps it continues with a second cour as a summer leftover but from what I watched im not getting that impression. Still if it ends up being Attack on Titan Vampires (lite) thats fine with me too. I can appreciate a simplified version of AoT as long as it excels in what it tries to take from it.
    ----------------------
    Also I caught the premiere of Arslan Senki. I gotta say I missed Hiromu Arakawas art style. You can tell its her by the designs of the cast....theres already a guy that looks like Kimbley the crimson alchemist! Im very happy knowing shes still putting out work. I feel like i can jump straight into this show and Hiromu will catch me, the feeling that AS wont suck is wonderful like jumping off my apartment window into a soft silk bed. Well Ill get straight to my impressions then.

Unlike seraph Arslan senki is taking time to develop the world, giving us details to the history of the surrounding nations. It also tackled themes like the morality of slavery, war and the intersectionality with religion. Coming off FMA im not so surprised with the latter but im eager to see those themes expanded on from an entirely different viewpoint. That being from the perspective of the Kingdom of Pars which seems to be an imperialistic power perhaps in a similar manner to its allies. The soldiers of the rival kingdom seem to follow a religion that believes all men equal under the eyes of their god, thus opposes the practices of slavery Pars enforces on those it captures. This sets up an interesting dynamic and a lot of room for future developments.

I mentioned previously I gravitate towards anime series that are grand in nature if not scope. So the kingdom-dynasties aesthetic really appeals to me. Its true Arslan Senki also contained a timeskip(is this gonna be a theme for the season? Haha) but it felt justified. Really took its time to show us the personality of Arslan, the Prince and reveal a healthy amount of side characters. Though it also had a lengthy action scene and it felt natural too. Showing the potential to be a deep series yet also bridging with confrontations that dont feel forced. I really hope it continues in the vein of what was presented. If its anything like Arakawas past work it could well end up a masterpiece. That my friends...gets me excited. Those are my thoughts on the first episodes anyway lol
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:13 pm

gives me chills when i watch it.

---

its not attack on titan man. they dont hunt for them like survey corps hunt for titans.

---

arslan senki was already an existing story before wasnt it? shes just making a manga adaption?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:46 pm

One thing that comes to mind however...is whether Arslan Senki is gonna end up like FMA did in terms of splitting off from the source material. If im not mistaken the mangaka just recently began authoring her interpretation of the series from the original creator a few years ago, maybe 2011-12? This sets up the issue of the adaption catching up to the manga. In case it does happen I just hope studio LINDEN can do as good a job as Bones did should the plot diverge. What do you think, is this likely given its still running? Will we see Arslan Senki Brotherhood 4 years after this one ends?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:31 pm