Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+11
Iri
ExcessKarnage18
KEKOLD
Sai
Cyan
Link
Chakramaster
Goldie
Eri
Jet
Shammon
15 posters

What Anime are you currently watching?

Shammon
    Shammon
    Academy Ninja: Apprentice

What Anime are you currently watching? Empty What Anime are you currently watching?

Post by Shammon Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm marathoning Detroit Metal City, while watching Love Hina with my girl friend.

So what's everyone else watching as of late?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

What Anime are you currently watching? Empty Re: What Anime are you currently watching?

Post by Jet Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Havent seriously watched anime as of late... but I catch Sam 7 & THUNDERCATS!!!!!!!!!!! when its on. THUNDERCATS!!!!!!!!!! is glorious. Dat animation
    Anonymous

What Anime are you currently watching? Empty Re: What Anime are you currently watching?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 pm

I catch toonami sometimes, but other then that I haven't watched any anime.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 am

There should be an anime of people trying to watch anime
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:15 am

yu yu hakusho almost done it !!! good stuff! then blue exorcist! i wanna catch lupen the third and cowboy bepop and samurai champloo
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:33 am

I'm watch Cashearn Sins, JoJos Bizarre Adventure, Pyscho Pass, Sayonara Sensai, Texhnolyz and a couple other shows (Darker than Black, Lupin and Shin chan) on the side when I feel like it. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest JoJos Bizarre Adventure to everyone. Read the manga because it's fabulous.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:01 am

Detective Conan still goes on as do I continue to watch and read it...4 more days til next movie so pretty excited for that there.

Best Wishes Season 2 as to why the really call it that I dunno but it's still going and pretty good...just kinda dulled down being in a semi-filler season

Naruto occasionally I still catch as well. Just the manga is more exciting right now

The ones I recently finished

Darker Than Black
    Soul Eater (rewatched)
    And Street Fighter II

Plans to watch all of Eureka Seven within the next week or 2 as well.

D have you tried watch Case Closed/Detective Conan? There's a special they released in Japan crossing the 2 series (Lupin and Conan). That special was pretty good. Not the best ever but awesome special in the least. Mainly it's based around Detective Conan so more knowledge to that is needed, but check it out sometime when you get far into the series. I recommend it at least. Worth checking out
    Shammon
    Shammon

Post by Shammon Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Jet wrote:Havent seriously watched anime as of late... but I catch Sam 7 & THUNDERCATS!!!!!!!!!!! when its on. THUNDERCATS!!!!!!!!!! is glorious. Dat animation

Man, how can you be the head of a Naruto Board and not watch anime?! haha

@ DGeneral, I've heard good things about Jojo's Bizarre adventure from my brother. Will do soon.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Can only watch certain anime over PS3. I will return one day Sham. I will return.
    Shammon
    Shammon

Post by Shammon Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 pm

No computer? my condolences.
    Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Link Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:58 pm

re-watching FMA and FMA Brotherhood, at the beginning it was a back to back, so I would watch one episode then the same episode on the other, but after 7 it's all about brotherhood.

naruto shippuden occasionally

and Bakuman season 3
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Has the kid done more than hold hands w/ her in Bakuman? Its eh
    Link

Post by Link Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Jet wrote:Has the kid done more than hold hands w/ her in Bakuman? Its eh
    not yet, but she already told him to kiss next time they see each other

plus I'm really interested in the manga industry, so I enjoy every second of the epis a lllllllllllooooooooooooooottttttttttt

pretty cool stuff if you ask me
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 pm

I read up to the 1st 100 chaps when it first came out. I found it repetitive after a while
    Link

Post by Link Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Jet wrote:I read up to the 1st 100 chaps when it first came out. I found it repetitive after a while
    it is, but I like to see the story about PCP, it's turning quite good actually

and yeah I don't find motivation to read manga that is not shonen

after Psyren I find it hard to read anything, Naruto is the only exception but that's because I wanna see kishimoto wrapping things up

but Anime that is not shonen, I'm totally up for that, I remember Enjoying Ergo Proxy as an anime a lot, but I would get bored of the manga if I had to read it
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Some Shounen is alright. Ruroni Kenshin, Yuyu. Vagabond was a good Seinen
    Link

Post by Link Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:27 pm

yeah kenshin is awesome, I still watch it every now and then when I go to bed on the BlackBerry for nostalgia's sake ^^
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

I heard a remake was in the works last yr. true?
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:58 pm

I loved from what I seen of Conan back in the day and the couple eps I seen on my own dime but that series is hella long. I almost forgot that Conan vs Lupin came out a couple years ago, it's definitely something I'm going to check out.

@Shammon: Yeah JoJos is pretty damn great. The manga is great as well and you can start reading it at any part. I suggest starting with part 7 (Steel Ball Run) if you're interested.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 pm

D if you're interested in catching up the quick way on the series check out the Conan wiki, I'll check back in it cause it may be different site. I have it bookmarked so ill post it for you if you want. Explains every major part from the start to current chapter. Who's died, been revealed, what's been revealed, what's currently going on etc. I find myself still rechecking it because as you've said yes, it is a very long series, but one really amazing story to last this long.

Every major need-to-know plot point is put up there. Note most movies are not needed to be watched, but about ehhh...4-5 are needed to be seen as they related to the story somewhat, which I still think is genius because movies focus on one certain thing and are usually better
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 am

I'm not really interested in trying to catch up because even though I felt the series was episodic more or less in nature it was still entertaining... Though I have a proposition. I'll try getting into Case Closed if you try to get into JoJos Bizarre Adventure.
    Shammon
    Shammon

Post by Shammon Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:14 am

DarkGeneral wrote:I loved from what I seen of Conan back in the day and the couple eps I seen on my own dime but that series is hella long. I almost forgot that Conan vs Lupin came out a couple years ago, it's definitely something I'm going to check out.

@Shammon: Yeah JoJos is pretty damn great. The manga is great as well and you can start reading it at any part. I suggest starting with part 7 (Steel Ball Run) if you're interested.

Why in the middle of it?
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:21 am

i can re watching desert punk. i dont really have any other animu or show for that matter to watch as of now
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:27 am

Shammon wrote:
    DarkGeneral wrote:I loved from what I seen of Conan back in the day and the couple eps I seen on my own dime but that series is hella long. I almost forgot that Conan vs Lupin came out a couple years ago, it's definitely something I'm going to check out.

Why in the middle of it?

Well each part (parts 1 through 7) can be read independently of the entire series. It just so happened that part 7 is the beginning of the "alternate timeline" portion of the series and it's the best written part so far. Part 8 (JoJolion) is ongoing and pretty early in the series.
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:11 am

Jet wrote:I heard a remake was in the works last yr. true?
    yeah I heard that too

but after the trailer of the real action movie was released I stopped hearing about it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 am