Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+7
KEKOLD
Chakramaster
DaDominicanDude
Eri
FullmetalHeart
JayJay1401
Iri
11 posters

Your Top Five Anime Series/Movies/OVAs

Iri
    Iri
    Academy Ninja: Apprentice

Your Top Five Anime Series/Movies/OVAs Empty Your Top Five Anime Series/Movies/OVAs

Post by Iri Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:54 am

w00t, first thread in this category. I am soon many of you will come to know that's how I roll. Anyway, in this topic you share you top 5 favorite anime of all time, whether it be movies or a TV series. you can also change your shit anytime you want of course.

Here's my top 5. This is bound to change as I watch more fantastic anime. Also feel free to give reasons why they're your favorites.

Welcome to the NHK (probably my favorite as of now. just an amazing series and I feel it can resound with us all)

Code Geass (both the first and second season were so fantastic. It just kept getting better and more ridiculous as it went on)

Baccano! (I admire Baccano! because of how intricately all the stories of the characters are woven together, and how they connect. Plus the action is badass)

Berserk (this is more of an old favorite than anything. the ending will mindfuck you)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (while the original anime, the one that deviates from the manga, was very good, Brotherhood is even better. People claim its predictable but I don't think it's the ending that determines how good it is. It's the journey you take with the characters along the way, and there are so many to love and hate)

So there it is. I can't wait to see what everyone else posts, though i supsect Naruto will be a popular choice.

Last edited by Iri on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JayJay1401
    JayJay1401
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate

Your Top Five Anime Series/Movies/OVAs Empty Re: Your Top Five Anime Series/Movies/OVAs

Post by JayJay1401 Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:42 am

Detective Conan: Longest running series that is still interesting to this day... especially when they make it relevant to the plot (best episodes EVER!!!)

One Piece: Another Long Anime. It evokes emotions and the characters are some of the most funest and best I seen in quite awhile... they make having a adventure so exciting and interesting I wanna be a pirate now!

Clannad: After Story: BEST ANIME EVER! I HAVE NEVER FELT THIS CONNECTED TO CHARACTERS BEFORE. IF YOU ENJOY SLICE OF LIFE THIS IS YOUR ANIME. ANY OTHER EMOTION HEAVY ANIME WONT HOLD A CANDLE TO THIS SHIT EVER!!! (You kinda have to watch the 1st season 1st though (which is average) but it's well worth it!)

Yu Yu Hakusho: A Classic... More characters that you can connect to and it's a simple and clean anime that is great for any new comer to anime.

Naruto: (Not shippuden)... grand series with... you guess it more boss characters... so much potential for its second series to be average... the original naruto had many different characters and styles damn good people I tells ya)

(Not really my top 5 but just copy pasta off my anime list. There is also Brotherhood which would bump either Naruto or Yu Yu Hakusho off this list, TTGL, Lucky Star Code Geass, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are also honorable mentions.)
    Anonymous

Your Top Five Anime Series/Movies/OVAs Empty Re: Your Top Five Anime Series/Movies/OVAs

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:48 am

The 5 that come to mind for me are.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Code Geass

Baccano!

Dragonball Z

Trigun
    FullmetalHeart
    FullmetalHeart

Post by FullmetalHeart Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 am

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Naruto/Shippuden

Clannad/After Story

Gurren Laggan

???????

Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 pm

One Piece and fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

dragonball z

naruto and hunter x hunter

deathnote

bakuman
    DaDominicanDude
    DaDominicanDude
    Academy Ninja: Student
    Academy Ninja: Student

Post by DaDominicanDude Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 pm

I don't watch much anime but when i did i really enjoyed these:

Code Geass

Fullmetal Alchemist

One Piece

Death Note

Best OVA ever:

Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:19 am

Oh yeah I can't believe I forgot Death Note, I only listed the best ones I remember.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am

Detective Conan, and I agree with JJ. When this series reach the actual plot episodes it becomes just an epic series that you can't miss. This is my absolute favorite series. I've been caught up in the manga since. What makes this series even better? The movies actually go along with the story unlike most movies for an anime. This series is lasting so long, but this is a must read/watch series.

Naruto Shippuuden, kinda dragged out too much with fillers, so I just watch the big episodes now

Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood, doesn't even need describing...just. Awesome

Soul Eater, still one of the best series out there. Even if the series ended while the manga continued. Amazing fight scenes and music with a great storyline

Best Wishes, I still don't know how I really even got back into this series. Was dragged out so much in the past I quit pre-season 6. My friend suddenly told me he watched the new series released and everything that was wrong was fixed. So I told my friend here I can really trust and he agreed so I tried and it surprised me so I've been caught up in it since.

really the only series I watch nowdays
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by KEKOLD Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Fruits Basket (yeah sounds gay and is mostly a girl anime, but the story is really captivating)

Trigun (I don't need to say anything about this one, shoot the soundtrack alone is pure awesomeness)

Samurai Shamploo (Thought at first I found this series boring, I decided to give it another try and it quickly became one of my top animes)

Vandread (Short series only lasting 26 episodes, but actually ended up watching the whole series on a single weakend, which is something because I can't be infront of a tv for more than 2.5 hours)

FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (I mean come on, like you know... great shaitza)

and newly added
    Eden of the East (The whole series is only 11 episodes and two movies, which I still need to see the last movie)

Others that are closely to my top 5

Are:
    Gunslinger Girl (season 1 only, animation in season 2 was crap)
    Sekirei (Boobs for the Win,Also season 1 only, story in season 2 became much more cheesier)
    Desert Punk (Good Stuff...)
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:21 pm

^ No shame in Fruits Basket, DR. I'm actually a huge fan of the show. It's got some of the best humor I've seen in an anime, and very strong characters. I've been meaning to get into the manga because the anime ending didn't satisfy me. Also been meaning to check out Eden of the East for awhile now.

Anyway, just finished watchin Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. Easily my new favorite of all time. Maybe because I love music and the series is about a band....but it just blew me away. It's the only anime I've wnated to rewatch instantly after finishing it.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Yup, I've been trying to get into the manga too. Just to lazy to remember about it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:26 pm

I read the manga up to chapter 80 something I think, I lost track of where I was when my browser crashed though and haven't read it since.
    FullmetalHeart
    FullmetalHeart

Post by FullmetalHeart Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 am

fma the best
    FullmetalHeart
    FullmetalHeart

Post by FullmetalHeart Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 am

damn
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:45 am

Top five?

Hmmm...

Dragonball Z

Saint Seiya

Naruto

Yu Yu Hakusho

Inuyasha
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:59 am

Iri wrote:^ No shame in Fruits Basket, DR. I'm actually a huge fan of the show. It's got some of the best humor I've seen in an anime, and very strong characters. I've been meaning to get into the manga because the anime ending didn't satisfy me. Also been meaning to check out Eden of the East for awhile now.

Anyway, just finished watchin Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. Easily my new favorite of all time. Maybe because I love music and the series is about a band....but it just blew me away. It's the only anime I've wnated to rewatch instantly after finishing it.
    Hows the anime? I know the manga goes further than the anime but I really enjoyed the series
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:00 am

4 Beck btw
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Jet wrote:
    Iri wrote:^ No shame in Fruits Basket, DR. I'm actually a huge fan of the show. It's got some of the best humor I've seen in an anime, and very strong characters. I've been meaning to get into the manga because the anime ending didn't satisfy me. Also been meaning to check out Eden of the East for awhile now.

Hows the anime? I know the manga goes further than the anime but I really enjoyed the series

Dude the Beck anime is pretty dope. Easily one of my favorites. It's realistic and more a slice of life show and the whole pace is just really chill. I thought it was a nice change from all the action/fighting anime out there.

I haven't checked out the manga yet but I really need to because I instantly wanted more after watching the TV series.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:58 pm

I got pretty far in the manga (past where the show ends), but I never finished it.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:05 pm

I read it a couple years ago. Used to read a lot of manga back then. I was really taken in by the series as well. I dont remember how far the anime went but a certain someones death really hit me. A great slice of life that Beckanno is partly named after. Got me to notice the Koyuki type of protagonist more. I think youll really like the manga, had a lot of feeling all the way through. I read it all within the week it was so good.
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:09 am

1: Samurai Champloo - Where do I even begin? It has memorable characters going after their own pursuits of happiness, great visual flair, sickening good use of music to enhance the scenes, takes itself seriously without taking itself seriously and has some of the best action sequences. Not to mention the execution of build up and payoff that I've rarely seen surpassed or equaled. It's a great series that gets often gets overlooked because it's spiritual predecessor was so popular and praised.

2: Full Metal Alchemist - Everyone remembers the first anime that "pulls them in" into the mystifying world of anime. Full Metal Alchemist was that anime for me and a damned good one at that. Despite splitting off from the source material after roughly 30 episodes in it's the 2nd half that fleshes out all the major players and even some of the lesser players in full. From the sadistic, maniacal yet at his core lonely incompetent father that is Shou Tucker to the depth of devotion that subordinates abide by and their reasons for being certain characters accomplice. This series frankly gets the characters involved so very right and dives into them in better detail than the more recent more faithful to the manga Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

3: FLCL - "So she's sinked her fangs into you huh? So you've been fondling around, FOOLING AROUND. FOOLY COOLY!!!.. What's Fooly Cooly?" That quote sums up FLCL (Fooly Cooly) in a nutshell. A bombastic, spastic, surreal, funny and energetic coming of age story. While it throws you curve balls in spades with not-as-random-as-you-think occurrences at heart it's about a kid who deals with growing up while living in someone elses (his brother) shadow. How he tackles new teenage problems like relationships, getting over your fears, being your own person, taking initiative and love (or rather stupid teenage crushes). A great series that has a great outter layer and a delicious core. Highly rec'ed.

4: Berserk - A tittle that sparks strong response to everyone that has seen or read the manga be it positive or negative. Berserk a series ultimately about friendship and the journey of people crossing paths and fighting side to side together against the world, until jealousy strikes. It's a great series with good action despite the low production values with great character interaction and settings. It's hard to sum up why I love this series so much but it's hard hitting in the fights and in the heart. Fate, loyalty, friendship, jealousy, aspiration, survival and free will.

5: Now and Then, Here and There - A title that comes in at number 5 on my list but it rest assured is one of my favorite anime ever. Shu a kid who defies the way the fucked up way of the world that he inhabits, Sarah a courageous young girl that's survived heinous crimes and atrocities against her but still holds her head up and keep moving forward fighting for her life. This series is a rousing piece on the human spirit both bad and good. A amazing anime that I vehemently and steadfastly recommend.

"Close but no cigar" mentions go to Boogiepop Phantom, Paranoia Agent and Karas.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 am

Jec wrote:Top five?

Hmmm...

Dragonball Z

Saint Seiya

Naruto

Yu Yu Hakusho

Inuyasha

Dude saint seiya is awesome, I've been looking for the Mexican Dub. So far I have only been able to find different Spanish dubs(Spain and Argentina)
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Nice list as always D, really hasn't changed much over the years.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:27 pm

DasJudeBär wrote:
    Jec wrote:Top five?

Hmmm...

Dragonball Z

Saint Seiya

Naruto

Yu Yu Hakusho

Inuyasha

Dude saint seiya is awesome, I've been looking for the Mexican Dub. So far I have only been able to find different Spanish dubs(Spain and Argentina)
    Haha I watched a lot of anime in spanish as a kid, Saint Seiya too. Was even watching DB GT before Z premiered on Toonami here.
    Link

Post by Link Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:31 am

Top Five eh

this is gonna be like choosing your favorite son, damn it, here it goes

1- Dgray man, hate me all you want but this is my favorite Anime ever, why? because I feel strongly connected to Allen Walker not only for his eyes, (I had a cataract in my right eye, then I got an operation to fix the eye, but because I was born with it my eye never developed sight properly therefore I can only see properly with my left eye, which is Allen's cursed eye which allows him to see the souls of the damned) also he in himself is the continuous struggle between good and evil, and I believe duality is imprinted in the heart of every human being and in reality is mental sanity and the strength of your values (also the shaping way society around you works) which make you be either good or bad, which is also something in the lines of what ends up happening to Allen and I can see myself struggling to to what's right every day of my life too

2- Neon Genesis Evangelion, specially the RoE
    not only this Anime was ground breaking on the idea of Humans fighting their way to survival against god, but the whole seele scheme, the relationships among the characters and the whole psychological/psychotic background was great

3- Full Metal Alchemist, both, brotherhood and the original
    even tho I can't even come close to consider myself an alchemist I do believe
    everything that once was mystical is now replaced for things more physical
    and alchemy is the explanation for most of the difference in development in ancient cultures reason we seem to be going at a slower pace in modern civilizations, then again I have brothers and a Mother I would give my life to protect and save from anything, so I felt like Edward for being the older brother all through the series and it was shocking how much it touched the fibers of my heart

4-Trigun, what can I say, Brothers, Futuristic Environment and space traveling, rebuilding of human society, for its time it was so far from the rest, and even to this day remains one of the best series out there, sense of humor was awesome and Vash will always be my favorite Goody goody goofy character

5-Ergo Proxy, even tho I'd never watch this series ever again
    the existential self realization involved in the plot of this anime blew my mind so hard plus that ending and how it all came together

again, reducing it to 5 was more a torture for me because there are like 20 more Anime I could say are my favorite but here it is

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:58 am