Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+6
KEKOLD
Jet
Eri
Chakramaster
Jec
Cyan
10 posters

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Cyan
    Cyan
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 2 Empty Re: NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by Cyan Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:44 pm

i havnt had a chance to rest so ims till sore and beaten up Sad

any good tips on what to do when resting your body and letting yourself heal?
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 2 Empty Re: NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by KEKOLD Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:05 pm

A doze of stop being a little bioch and man the F up...
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 pm

thanks but i want some tips that involve personal exp
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:21 pm

you're right I've never been a bioch...
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:23 pm

or a man
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes we all know you're not a man
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Well getting the right nutrients is very important in recovery. There's a supplement called ZMA that bodybuilders (though doing this is good for anyone, even if you're not working on improving your body these are helpful nutrients when it comes to getting a good night's sleep as well as recovering and being energized the next day) take before going to bed, these specific nutrients are best taken then cause that's when the body absorbs and implements them best. It's also suggested you take copper pills with these, you should always have x2/15 copper with your Zinc. If you had 15mg of zinc a day you'd also need 2mg of copper, if you take 30mg you'd need 4mg. From the research I've done this is the best combination you can get:
    http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Recovery-Capsules-180-Count/dp/B001LXMUW6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=INW0QXCSVM0H&coliid=I10BI48855B4HO&tag=theduntrufamh-20
    http://www.amazon.com/Copper-300-Tabs-Swanson-Premium/dp/B00068TSEK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=INW0QXCSVM0H&coliid=I1F3F1D3ZIQW2A&tag=theduntrufamh-20

You can also get ZMAC vitamins too, but this is the best combination I could find at the most affordable price while having the optimal amount of said nutrients on amazon. Be sure to shop around if you have a health food store or something that you go to frequently anyway, might as well save yo cash money and stack that mad paper dawg.

Watch/listen to this if you'd like to learn more about supplements, especially ZMA, from the man who originally came up with ZMA.

Also speaking of nutrients I recently ordered a couple different varieties of mineral rich sea salts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VEQUIW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=theduntrufamh-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HB4HHO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=theduntrufamh-20

These salts can contain as many as 84 trace minerals that are beneficial to the body, and from what I hear they taste great too. I'll post my thoughts when I get em. They really don't cost very much, so I think they're definitely worth getting.

Ordered this as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LF39J2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=theduntrufamh-20

Fish oils are great sources of omega-3s, and they promote greater brain, heart, artery, joint and bone health.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:03 pm

good stuff ill see about getting me some more vitamins and such. ive been eating almonds to recover. so gud
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Yeah I got almonds a while ago too. They are tough though I'll tell you that
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Almonds have a lot of calories.

Is all about beans with Vitamina P2, AC2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 pm

I got my Himalayan Salt in the mail today, put it in my tomato soup and it tasted amazing. I'm surprised how great it tasted, I chucked all that useless white salt out of the salt shaker and put the pink salt in. Much superior.

The gray salt is supposed to be here by the 24th, I'll see how that is. I hope to try red, black and blue salt someday too.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 am

lol cyan salt is master salt race

i never looked into that different salt stuff. anything major about them other than taste?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 am

There actually is a blue salt, it's the most expensive tho.

Table salt isn't much better for you than sugar really. It provides sodium and sometimes iodine (depending on if it's iodized or not), but it doesn't provide any of the other minerals your body needs. Not only do these salts provide your body with useful and essential minerals, they also provide you with electrolytes and even some base elements. All these different things have multiple different benefits, but to shorten things I'll just say this stuff is really really good for you.

One of my friends has started drinking distilled water (water without anything else in it, most other purified or spring water has additional minerals) with Himalayan salt and a bit of lemon juice added to it. The salt adds all the minerals you'd commonly find and need from water and then some, and the lemon cancels out the salty flavor of the salt while also adding nutrients. He's been drinking this combination for a few weeks now, and he says it makes his body feel better than even juicing. I haven't tried it yet myself since I haven't been to a store in a while (need distilled water), but I'll report back when I do try it.

Here are links for all the different varieties of mineral rich salts I know of.

Celtic Grey

French Grey

Himalayan Pink

Hawaiian Red

Hawaiian Black

Persian Blue

They all have different minerals in them, and different amounts of said minerals. Still overall they're all very healthy, and waaaaay more healthy than conventional table salt. Also they don't cost very much, and considering the benefits to your body they'll save you more in the long run.

I will also note the taste of the salt I got is very strong compared to table salt, you'd need much less of these salts to add flavor to a dish than you'd need table salt. This benefit alone helps save you from the negative effects of too much sodium, plus you can have room for lots of salty crap snack foods if you'd like since you won't have to worry as much about dying from them and whatnot Razz
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:43 am

idunno... still involves spending money. i best start saving up

man i havnt worked out since thursday because ive been busy. i better today
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:55 am

Well if you want amazon credits you can sign up for bing rewards (tell me if you want to sign up, I can earn some credits myself when people sign up with my link), I've recently been able to use it on any broswer (so you don't have to use that piece of shit IE to earn credits anymore). It's slow earnings, I earn $5 a month per account, but it's better than having no money at all yea?

Or just have Kekold buy it all for you, shhhheeeeeeeeeeit.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:30 pm

lol his budget is already tight as is with the wedding and all
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 pm

i should start working on my abs since summer is coming. any good exercises other than curl ups?
    Iri
    Iri
    Academy Ninja: Apprentice

Post by Iri Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm

^ I find that flutter kicks do a lot....for me at least. Also give you a good leg workout.

Also, I'll usually reel off 40-50 four count flutter kicks (hands behind head...not under ass) and then keeping my legs six inches off the ground, do some leg raises...maybe like 25.

Also awesome thread idea!

I really need to work on my cardio. I've been smoking mad ganja and cigarettes and haven't really been on a good run in months. Actually...my fitness in general is the lowest it's been in awhile.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 am

I tried that Himalayan sea salt with distilled water and a bit of lemon. It was amazing. It gave me a massive burst of energy. I've done some more research and the sea salt doesn't just have helpful minerals, but it also has electrolytes. It's easily the most powerful energy drink I've had, though it doesn't last too long after drinking it (you'll need more than just this drink for long term energy and performance). It seems great for short bursts of energy, like if you're on your last mile of a run or if you're pushing someone in a wheelchair up a steep hill like I've been doing.

It's like Gatorade x10. It's also great if you need something to wake you up in the morning, I feel it takes the drowsiness away.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Thu May 02, 2013 3:13 pm

@Iri, yeah i do some flutter kicks between lifting reps to let my arms get ready for more

damn kid step it up, smokers are jokers, go running and start lifting man

@Lone, oh snap electrolytes. ill have to look into that salt when i get some extra money. i like to have fruit before a workout and then shower and have a meal afterwards. also almonds are pretty good before and after
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Hahaha....bet you I could still run just fine. I'm a natural runner and have done so much running in the past that I could get it back in probably a month or two....of good regimented running. I used to run 2 miles in 12 minutes....I don't think a few months turns me that easily into a "joker"

Plus my work keeps me pretty healthy I feel like....although does beat up my hands...it keeps me active.

Just never really been into lifting although a YMCA did just open up close to my apartment so I might go down there and see what's up. I just hate guys packed into gyms trying to look like some fruitcake in a Calvin Klein ad or something. Its not my gig.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri May 03, 2013 3:38 pm

then start running again. get back into it

yeah i get you but you can lift to just stay strong or at least look a little cut not just going overboard for glamour reasons
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 7:39 am

Yeah I'm totally not into lifting for looks either, I'm more into actual functional strength. Joe Rogan recommends Kettlebells a lot for functional full body strength training, but Kettlebells are pretty damn expensive so I can't get em =/

You'll look fucking awesome if you're really strong anyway, with only focusing on bodybuilding and on some faggot "glamor muscles" you just look more ridiculous & big.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm

yeah thats right just lift to be strong and youll look good without looking like you work out to look good and not all big
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 1:28 am

Yep.

I've been taking a variety of probiotics lately. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that help with digestion and/or strengthen the immune system. They're basically your own private army that fights off other invading armies and can help you digest food.

Your body naturally produces it's own bacteria, but adding more good bacteria can help. It's important to have a good balance and variety of Probiotics in your body, the flora and fauna of your body is very important. It's like a whole ecosystem, and if you don't put good things into it then you won't get good things out of it. While not essential, probiotics can be very helpful.

Here's the probiotics that I've been taking.

Pro nutrients
    NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 2 CentrumProNutrientsProbiotics1
    Synduet Probiotic Blend 2 Billion CFU
    Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis Bb12 (for digestion)
    Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (for digestion and immune system)

Lemon Ginger Herb Plus Tea
    NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 2 Lg_01058
    GanedenBC30
    Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 (for immune system)

GT's Kombucha
    NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 2 Synergy
    Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086: 1 billion (for immune system)
    S. Boulardii: 1 billion (for digestion)

Yogurt
    NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 2 70470003009
    Lactobacillus bulgaricus (for digestion and immune system)
    Streptococcus thermophilus (for digestion)

Also here's a probiotic Joe Rogan recommends, I haven't tried it myself though.
    Acidophilus
    NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 2 NAP-04480-0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 am