Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+6
Goldie
Sai
KEKOLD
Jec
Eri
Jet
10 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last]

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last] - Page 3 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last]

Post by Jet Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:40 am

Yeah it sucks harrison ford crashed but does it really need to be all over the news? The fuck.

Also how people cling and yell with total belligerence when a kardashian or gaga walk by is disgusting. What is this 21st century nobility?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last] - Page 3 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last]

Post by Jet Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Jec wrote:nice, I'm currently trying to find decent headphones to replace my electras .  They still sound gold but the 'leather' started to tear. Unfortunately down here the options are limited to expensive mainstream garbage so I would need to order them from amazon. Since returning them would be a hassle, I need to make the right choice...

What's your budget?

What's your intended use of the headphones? Gaming primarily? Or an all purpose gaming, music and movies headphone?

How big is your ears/head?
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:45 pm

i dont understand how cops can act the way thats described in this article....what possesses them?...how does one become so ignorant ? so evil....?

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Eri wrote:

i dont understand how cops can act the way thats described in this article....what possesses them?...how does one become so ignorant ? so evil....?

Thats the thing they dont see themselves as evil. Id be willing to bet they see themselves as the victims of public opinion despite the fact that they have societal backing. What struck me during the ferguson protests was how the cops treated the population. Calling them animals, shacking them down for funding. Up to a 1000 dollars in unpaid fines/jailining by making sure they cant pay off the fines, as well as using tear gas and automatic weapons to intimidate. It was more like an occupation than anything else. The majority of the PD didnt even live in the area they patroled. Segregation is still alive in america and if the polices only interaction with black people is a negative one it only confirms their inherent biases. (See the flood of racist actions and emails in the ferguson report)

The sad part is how many think this doesnt happen anymore, in part because the whitewashing of history. I think it was alabama that sought to dilute americas history with slavery because it was "too negative". Theres so many factors involved that its easier to just name it for what it is: systemic.
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Jec Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Goldie wrote:
    Jec wrote:nice, I'm currently trying to find decent headphones to replace my electras .  They still sound gold but the 'leather' started to tear. Unfortunately down here the options are limited to expensive mainstream garbage so I would need to order them from amazon. Since returning them would be a hassle, I need to make the right choice...

What's your budget?

What's your intended use of the headphones? Gaming primarily? Or an all purpose gaming, music and movies headphone?

I'm willing to spend around a hundred... but not right now. The dollar's gotten expensive so I should probably wait until it cheapens again.

I intend to use them for music... I work 8 hours a day constantly listening to music... I go to the gym and listen to music, and on the weekends when I'm studying I listen to music....
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Tonights main event looks to be starring chinas rising star Zou shiming. A fine bout of boxing.
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Jec wrote:
    Goldie wrote:

What's your budget?

I'm willing to spend around a hundred... but not right now. The dollar's gotten expensive so I should probably wait until it cheapens again.

I intend to use them for music... I work 8 hours a day constantly listening to music... I go to the gym and listen to music, and on the weekends when I'm studying I listen to music....
    Another good question to ask is if you're going to want to use it for outdoor use as well? Since you do listen to music in the gym you might be best off using earbuds for excercise, or maybe IEM and have seperate headphones for home use. Is soundstage the biggest factor? Or do you have a specific sound signature that you like?
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Well, I do use them when I'm on my way to work... but that's about all the outdoor use I give them. As for gym use, yeah, earbuds would be more appropriate, I'm currently using the crappy ones that came with my cellphone, but I can survive with those at the gym. I'm looking for over ear headphones. Probably a bit warm with the sound signature, although I do enjoy hearing detailed highs, a lot of the music I'm listening to recently depends on those small details and discrete changes.
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Jec wrote:Well, I do use them when I'm on my way to work... but that's about all the outdoor use I give them. As for gym use, yeah, earbuds would be more appropriate, I'm currently using the crappy ones that came with my cellphone, but I can survive with those at the gym. I'm looking for over ear headphones. Probably a bit warm with the sound signature, although I do enjoy hearing detailed highs, a lot of the music I'm listening to recently depends on those small details and discrete changes.
    Ah, I personally have two different cans one, for outside use and one for home use. I would recommend looking into a pair of cans I just recent got, Takstar Hi2050's it ships from china, but the sound is a warm signature, as opposed to something like the 598s which is kind of going for something flat, I guess its more of a fun headphone in that sense. Honestly I think it holds its own against cans in the 200 dollar range.

Otherwise I think for what you want open headphone is the best way to go.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:03 pm

Well the time is finally here...daylight savings. Be sure to sleep earlier kids because you are losing one hour of sleep.
    The one thing AZ does right is eliminate this horrid monstrosity! *grumble grumble* The fact standard time is barely 4 months long is a crime.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:06 pm

I'll check those out Sai, thanks.
    I will however have to wait a while before ordering anything. Dollar's up almost 60% from a couple of months ago. Should have taken advantage back then...
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Jec wrote:I'll check those out Sai,  thanks.
    I will however have to wait a while before ordering anything. Dollar's up almost 60% from a couple of months ago. Should have taken advantage back then...
    Yeah thats a good idea. I don't know how the exchange rate work on a site based on china but it would probably convert from your actual credit card and come up for expensive. You're better off holding off for awhile and looking into other cans that you might be interested in the mean while. I think if soundstage is also really important you might want to check out the 668bs, they're a little too expensive right now but they might be at a good price when you can buy, they're known to be treblecannons but a really wide soundstage.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:26 pm

Jet wrote:Tonights main event looks to be starring chinas rising star Zou shiming. A fine bout of boxing.
    damn son for the first time hbo boxing has been outbilled. From what I saw it was based in china but shiming isnt even the main event. Im not about to find out either because the alternate broadcast has a muuuuuuch better lineup of fights. Great fighters all around...this thurman vs guerrero is amazing from the first!!!

Good looking out d. We streaming.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:04 pm

2 things.

1. If you call yourself a boxing fan you NEED to watch thurman vs guerrero. I dont care if the fight was spoiled for you. If you dont watch it you need to eat a dick and start reading one piece. No...TWO dicks. And TWO pieces. Hm....I guess having to read one piece is essentially saying the former. I apologize for the redundancy there.

2. Thurman was a skillful and aggressive fighter. Dying breed and right from the first he was on point. That set the tempo for the rest of the battle. It was glorious. Guerrero was almost finished in the latte4 hakf he just kept taking punishing shots and giving some back, but the real respect for him is the fact that he took them and still stood to fight the way he did in the last 3 rounds. Really lives up to his name, warrior.

hands down one of the best matches ive seen in years. Everyone stood up and clapped afterward. Just respect all around.
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:00 am

Jec wrote:Well, I do use them when I'm on my way to work... but that's about all the outdoor use I give them. As for gym use, yeah, earbuds would be more appropriate, I'm currently using the crappy ones that came with my cellphone, but I can survive with those at the gym. I'm looking for over ear headphones. Probably a bit warm with the sound signature, although I do enjoy hearing detailed highs, a lot of the music I'm listening to recently depends on those small details and discrete changes.

Take it from me, you do not want to exercise with the headphones that you use primarily for music listening, movie watching and game playing. You'll end up ruining the sound drivers due to sweat gunking up the circuitry. Earbuds, IEM's or anything bluetooth (if you use your phone for music while working out) will do the job. I personally use bluetooth earbuds for working out and they're perfect for that sort of thing, but earbuds or IEM's of any kind will do the job.

If you're listening primarily at home, then you could probably use open back headphones without much worry. Unless you have to worry about effecting roomates who live you, since openback headphones leaks sound anyone that is around you will be able to hear exactly what you're listening to. You'll also be able to hear stuff that's going on around you to an extent. So that might be a factor in what you choose.

If you want/need to be isolated from what's going on around you closed back or semi-open back headphones would do that job better than strictly open back headphones.
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:03 am

Sai wrote:
    Jec wrote:I'll check those out Sai,  thanks.
    Yeah thats a good idea. I don't know how the exchange rate work on a site based on china but it would probably convert from your actual credit card and come up for expensive. You're better off holding off for awhile and looking into other cans that you might be interested in the mean while. I think if soundstage is also really important you might want to check out the 668bs, they're a little too expensive right now but they might be at a good price when you can buy, they're known to be treblecannons but a really wide soundstage.

Soundstage seems like it's not quite his most important thing. But detail, precision along with good bass and mids are what he's after.
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:06 am

Jet wrote:2 things.

1. If you call yourself a boxing fan you NEED to watch thurman vs guerrero. I dont care if the fight was spoiled for you. If you dont watch it you need to eat a dick and start reading one piece. No...TWO dicks. And TWO pieces. Hm....I guess having to read one piece is essentially saying the former. I apologize for the redundancy there.

2. Thurman was a skillful and aggressive fighter. Dying breed and right from the first he was on point. That set the tempo for the rest of the battle. It was glorious. Guerrero was almost finished in the latte4 hakf he just kept taking punishing shots and giving some back, but the real respect for him is the fact that he took them and still stood to fight the way he did in the last 3 rounds. Really lives up to his name, warrior.

hands down one of the best matches ive seen in years. Everyone stood up and clapped afterward. Just respect all around.

I completely agree with all of this. That fight was fucking great and both fighters gained everyones respect and admiration.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:07 am

Never tried over ear but those seem lik the best 4 workouts
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:20 am

Jet wrote:Never tried over ear but those seem lik the best 4 workouts

Over the ear aren't good for workouts since the drivers are right under the padding. Between the padding soaking up your sweat and the sound drivers, the things that produce sound, being right under the padding it's really easy for your sweat to permanently damage the sound drivers. Which ruins the headphone itself.

It sounds amazing working out with over ear headphones, but you run a really really high risk of permanently damaging them by doing that.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:34 pm

where can i watch it?

Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:27 pm

merry womans day
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Gol D.[Roger] wrote:
    Jet wrote:Never tried over ear but those seem lik the best 4 workouts
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #19 [NF: The Last] - Page 3 Gol_D._Roger_Face_Obscured
    Over the ear aren't good for workouts since the drivers are right under the padding. Between the padding soaking up your sweat and the sound drivers, the things that produce sound, being right under the padding it's really easy for your sweat to permanently damage the sound drivers. Which ruins the headphone itself.

It sounds amazing working out with over ear headphones, but you run a really really high risk of permanently damaging them by doing that.
    I mean the only alternative for me when jogging would be earbuds. Inside the ear doesnt feel so good when exercising imo

Eri wrote:merry womans day
    You just gonna take that chak?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Speaking of ears does anyone have the recessive earwax trait? Flaky wax...or we all got gooey?
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:03 am