Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+10
Link
Chakramaster
ShadowB
kcdjedi
Jet
Sai
Cyan
Eri
KEKOLD
Jec
14 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #9 [A Storm of Swords]

Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #9 [A Storm of Swords] - Page 38 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #9 [A Storm of Swords]

Post by Eri Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:30 pm

thank you kekold. even thou ur an academy student i want to be like u when i grow up. pls join my village! u must!!
    Cyan
    Cyan
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #9 [A Storm of Swords] - Page 38 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #9 [A Storm of Swords]

Post by Cyan Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:31 pm

^^eris making the village hidden in the closet
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:38 pm

no its an anti- cyan village. red village.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:39 pm

btw link fairy tail unreal now damnn battles are interesting
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Start sparring people!

Lone you think we should host a mission?
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 pm

I just posted a time that should fit my schedule...just need a confirmation from Eri on the time(s)

The extra exp from beating a genin would fit well...?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 pm

You don't get extra exp for beating a genin. It's for beating higher leveled enemies. 10 extra exp for lvls 1 and 2. 20 for 3 n 4, 30 5 and 6, 40 7 and 8 and finally 50 extra exp for beating levels 9 and 10. So say you beat a lvl 10 academy student that's 30exp for winning and 50 extra that corresponds with the guy you defeated. That's 80 exp for one win. Chunin lvl ups require 150xp so that's more than halfway there with just 1 spar. And academy students require only 75 exp to lvl so that's a level with one battle.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Avachar: The Last Firebender
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 pm

Get in a few
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Jet wrote:Start sparring people!

Hmmm, how long would it take?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 am

Lone wrote:
    Jet wrote:Start sparring people!

Hmmm, how long would it take?
    take a look at the missions on the docs. I think jj made them. A little tweaking shouldn't be hard
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 am

Jet wrote:You don't get extra exp for beating a genin. It's for beating higher leveled enemies. 10 extra exp for lvls 1 and 2. 20 for 3 n 4, 30 5 and 6, 40 7 and 8 and finally 50 extra exp for beating levels 9 and 10. So say you beat a lvl 10 academy student that's 30exp for winning and 50 extra that corresponds with the guy you defeated. That's 80 exp for one win. Chunin lvl ups require 150xp so that's more than halfway there with just 1 spar. And academy students require only 75 exp to lvl so that's a level with one battle.
    hmm you think the extra exp should be cut down abit and also based on their rank not just level??

also does the extra exp only apply to wins?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:40 am

Cyan wrote:
    Jet wrote:You don't get extra exp for beating a genin. It's for beating higher leveled enemies. 10 extra exp for lvls 1 and 2. 20 for 3 n 4, 30 5 and 6, 40 7 and 8 and finally 50 extra exp for beating levels 9 and 10. So say you beat a lvl 10 academy student that's 30exp for winning and 50 extra that corresponds with the guy you defeated. That's 80 exp for one win. Chunin lvl ups require 150xp so that's more than halfway there with just 1 spar. And academy students require only 75 exp to lvl so that's a level with one battle.
    hmm you think the extra exp should be cut down abit and also based on their rank not just level??

also does the extra exp only apply to wins?
    no, considering there are 10 levels and 2 other types of training with multiple options as well.
    As for rank that's like asking me to give you extra exp for beating eri which makes no sense.
    Extra exp is win only yes
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:46 am

well im saying like say im a level 10 academy. if someone beats me they get extra exp. but if i then become a genin then im level 0. still same sats and everything just rank 0 now you dont get extra xp
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:52 am

I always think from the weakest guys point of view first when it comes to balancing. I see what you're saying but I think it's unlikely the higher lvl guy will lose. How do you propose the prevention of abuse? Elsewise everyone could potentially fight eri for an easier(and more) exp than they'd get from sparring against you
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 am

well for starters i think it should gain a little extra exp for sparring with higher levels and another little based on rank too. as for eri its his dumb fault for going up a rank. i think just make it all relevant but make the extra exp alot less
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 am

Cyan wrote:well for starters i think It should gain a little extra exp for sparring with higher levels and another little based on rank too. as for eri its his dumb fault for going up a rank. i think just make it all relevant but make the extra exp alot less
    nanda?
    how does that balance though? I agree eri was trigger happy, he didn't level stats, attributes or even jutsu but I don't believe he should be further punished by making his opponents stronger, at a faster pace

Last edited by Jet on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 am

Jet wrote:
    Cyan wrote:well for starters i think it should gain a little extra exp for sparring with higher levels and another little based on rank too. as for eri its his dumb fault for going up a rank. i think just make it all relevant but make the extra exp alot less
    how does that balance though? I agree eri was trigger happy, he didn't level stats, attributes or even jutsu but I don't believe he should be further punished by making his opponents stronger, at a faster pace
    but think of it later when people are actually leveling up and then rank up and stuff and they fight others. like if lone is academy 10 and i was academy 10 but just ranked up to genin 0. then me and lone fight. should i get alot of exp for beating him but he doesnt get extra exp for beating me?

maybe it should just be based on their level that theyve accumulated over the time of leveling up. like mark down how many levels up theyve gotten all together and use that for how much extra exp their opponent gets
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 am

Hmm yeah I see what you mean. This is a dilemma, tracking too many things is a strain on the Proctor though. I mean the ninja cards aren't even up yet.

I don't wanna give more than 80 potential exp at a time. The way it is now if someone beats you that's 40 exp for the winner which would be more than halfway through an academy level up. In 2 wins versus you they've leveled and are on the way to eclipsing the already limited pool of sparrers. If I give too much extra hp it's way too easy to level, thus become overpowered.

Unless you can offer an alternative that doesn't stack the deck for the stronger person at the expense of the weak then I see the present as the necessary sacrifice to maintain balance
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:36 am

hmm i dont really know. i think the only way would be to keep in charge of how many times a persons leveled up overall and to use that. and so it wouldnt be too hard on a proctor you can just keep tract of that on a thread locked only for proctors or visible only to the

and make the extra exp gained based on a persons level not be so much of a leap. maybe like 5 extra exp for every time theyve ever leveled up?
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:37 am

Jet wrote:
    Cyan wrote:well for starters i think It should gain a little extra exp for sparring with higher levels and another little based on rank too. as for eri its his dumb fault for going up a rank. i think just make it all relevant but make the extra exp alot less
    nanda?
    oh i ment a little extra exp. as in a little and not a lot. not a little more ontop of whats already there
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:46 am

Cyan wrote:hmm i dont really know. i think the only way would be to keep in charge of how many times a persons leveled up overall and to use that. and so it wouldnt be too hard on a proctor you can just keep tract of that on a thread locked only for proctors or visible only to the

and make the extra exp gained based on a persons level not be so much of a leap. maybe like 5 extra exp for every time theyve ever leveled up?
    the update thread does that in a sense but the ninja card would be better. I think keeping it a 10 level tracking max is simple and efficient.

As for the extra xp...it definitely warrants further debate. Hmm...troubling waters
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am

i blame eri. for ranking up so early like a dumbass
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:51 am

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting someone to rank without a single level up...if he had leveled attributes enough times that might offset it. But the level disparity might reveal itself too soon. I can't have him being farmed haha...
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:54 am

yeah or maybe making a requirement of being atleast level 5 before ranking up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:05 am