Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

2 posters

Official Auto Thread: Stock and Fast

Iri
    Iri
    Academy Ninja: Apprentice

Official Auto Thread: Stock and Fast Empty Official Auto Thread: Stock and Fast

Post by Iri Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Post pics of your current ride here or just talk about your dream car, favorite cars, or just cars in general. If you're not really into cars it never hurts to ask questions. Knowledge is POWAH! Cool 

Official Auto Thread: Stock and Fast 001_zpsb52cbb9f

Picked this baby up for a mere $1000. It's a 1988 Civic EF. Would much rather have an EF hatch but the sedan will have to do.

The dude who owned this before me just treated it like shit. It's rusty as hell, above both rear quarter panels and a little on the fenders. The floors on the driver AND passenger sides are rusted all to hell. He lowered the fucking car WAY too far. Speed bumps have been the bane of my existence with this vehicle. He CLAIMS to have lowered it on Skunk2 springs ONLY in the front but he definitely cut the springs that were already on the vehicle. There's a massive hole in the muffler and the entire exhaust system needs to be replaced (in my opinion). It's in need of a serious tune up....which I plan to do next week (gap the spark plugs, mess with the ECU). The emergency brake doesn't even work, which requires me to leave the car in gear every time I'm parking on an incline....which puts stress on the transmission. Needless to say, this car needed a different owner. One who'll show her the love she deserves.

Here are my plans for this bitch:

ENGINE
    - Swap out my D series engine (D15B2 dual overhead cam setup that only puts out a measly 97 HP....which is unnaceptable) with a B series (B16A which pushes 170 HP and once headers, exhaust, and intake are upgraded would be a MEAN engine. The engine with mounts, wiring harness, and transmission will probably run me about $2000)

SUSPENSION
    - Progress CSII Street Performance coilovers (already purchased and just waiting to be put on the car. These babies ran me over $700 and are one of the top spring/coilover sets for enthusiast drivers)

TIRES
    - 15" Yokohama tires with white 15" Buddy Club rims (Thinking this'll run me almost a grand but having second thoughts about the Yokohamas. I should have new tires in the next few weeks if all goes well. I'll keep you guys updated on the brand)
    - Running on 13s right now, and the Progress coilovers will raise the car a bit, so I decided to go with 15s to eliminate wheel gap, and just lower it accordingly.

EXHAUST
    - Plan on swapping out this shitty stock exhaust system for CRX catback exhaust piping and muffler. Runs about $450 plus shipping. It wouldn't fit normally how it comes from the factory but if you lengthen the midpipe with a little welding (I unfortunately can't weld but intend to learn) it's no problem. This exhaust will sound MEAN combined with the B16A.

OTHER SHIT

- New windshield (already purchased)
    - 5 panel rearview mirror (already purchased)
    - Sound system: two 12" subs with Interfire amp (already have one 12" and the amp so those will do for now. Just waiting to get hooked up. I'm not too well acquainted with car audio so I'll need help on this one)
    - Tachometer (this fucking piece of shit car doesn't even have a tachometer....which measures RPM. A Tach is fucking vital for a stick shift car. I can manage without one because I have extensive experience driving manual....but it hurts my SOUL not to have it)
    - New Emergency Brake cables
    - New distributor
    - New alternator
    - Pedal set (clutch, gas, and brake pedals)
    - Shiny new shift knob....although I kind of like the stock knob

That's all I can think of right now without consulting the list I've made for this car.

Thanks if you actually read all that. I figured the chat section needed more activity besides the chat thread and I love cars so I figured why not? If you have any automotive questions just ask here. I've been working on cars since I was 16 and I might not be able to answer every question but I can certainly dig up the answer somewhere.

Drive safe Very Happy 

Iri
    Iri

Official Auto Thread: Stock and Fast Empty Re: Official Auto Thread: Stock and Fast

Post by Iri Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:30 pm

This is where I want my car to be at in a few months.

Dude ran just over 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

With a car that was manufactured from 1988-1991. And it's a 4 cylinder engine.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Official Auto Thread: Stock and Fast Empty Re: Official Auto Thread: Stock and Fast

Post by Jet Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:18 am

Sorry Iri, I know nothing about cars. My stepdads stopped working altogether after almost 30 years. Hes looking into junking it and getting a new one though
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:20 am

It's cool man and what does he drive?

Also making serious progress on my car will have to post pics and maybe some vids

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:36 pm