Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+6
KEKOLD
Jet
Eri
Chakramaster
Jec
Cyan
10 posters

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Cyan
    Cyan
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] Empty NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by Cyan Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Thread for all things fitness and health related. What do you guys do to get or stay in shape?

How much do you bench/lift? What muscles do you focus on or just cardio?

Any tips or healthy diets that are recommended? Juicing? Carbs are the enemy?

Also any music or side things you do or listen to while working out?

Stop being fatties

Last edited by Cyan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Cyan
    Cyan

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] Empty Re: NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by Cyan Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Lately ive been working on my neck muscles

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] Neck_exercises_b

Because its a glamour muscle so why not Razz

Also been working on cardio, bi and tri eps, and back and stomach muscles. Summers right around the corner

I need to get me a juicer
    Anonymous

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] Empty Re: NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Some of the work outs I do include pull-ups in the backyard on the swingset, push-ups, various versions of crunches, I go for walks, I lift myself up on my chair's arms, jumping jacks, I push my dad around in his wheelchair, and I do hindu squats. Hindu squats are one of the best exercises for your legs, but I'd only recommend doing a small amount of them at first. They can really wear your legs out, and it's one of those work outs you won't really feel until the next day. So you gotta get a feel for what they do to you before you really start doing them.

I recently got a punching bag and speed bag set up in my house. When punching a punching bag it's best to use your hips and not just flail your arms. You're a lot stronger using your whole body than a single part. Some techniques require just (or mostly) your arms though, it all depends on your situation. Speed bags on the other hand just use your arms, they're more of a cardio workout tool than anything.

Stretching is very important to do before workouts, if you don't stretch then you're much more likely to hurt yourself. One of the best ways to stretch is to do yoga, and it's one of the only ways I know of to truly stretch out certain parts of your body like your neck, back, and so on. Yoga also helps better your posture and form, which is important for many work outs.

Proper breathing is important to lasting long during workouts, you gotta get air dude. One of the most common methods for breathing during working out is to simply breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. Yoga also comes in incredibly handy for training your body when it comes to breathing. There's many different yogic breathing methods, many of which are helpful to your health and fitness in many different ways.

Speaking on juicing, a beet juice is one of the best things you can drink before a workout. It's used a lot by runners, and it massively amplifies your endurance. It's best to mix the beet with carrots, celery, chard, ginger, parsley, and whatever fruits you'd like. I like to use watermelon, apple, lemon, blackberries, and strawberries in my juice. Fruits provide a lot of natural energy to you among many other useful nutrients; don't let their deliciousness fool you, for they are also nutritious. Just remember don't drink pure beet juice by itself, that can be harmful.

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] DSCI0028

Lastly remember to rest and recover. When you're done working out get lots of protein. Meat, protein shakes, kale, broccoli, nuts, whatever. Always remember to have some days where you aren't working out so your body has time to rebuild muscles. When you work out you're tearing your muscles, and you need to give them time to mend if you really want to get stronger.

Last edited by Lone on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:28 pm

I used to be fit Sad

My studies have taken too much of my time. I'm literally at the University from 7AM to 7PM, I feel like a freaking slob.... I miss the gym.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 pm

A lot of you guys should really get a punching bag or some sort of hand/grip strengthening devices. It's a necessity if you game, type and/or write a lot. If you don't make real use of your hands through some sort of exercise using them you will get carpel tunnel and eventually develop atrophy of the hands.

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] DSCI0037

Also I forgot to mention that you shouldn't juice kale/broccoli/other calcium rich veggies with beets/chard. Beets/chard provide oxalic acid, which when combined with calcium bonds to create an indigestible compound, so you lose both nutrients and gain nothing.

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] DSCI00101
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 pm

not really done much since.....my incident really =3
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 pm

You should start. You most of all need to bulk up considering what happened... assuming u recovered enough now since then anyway.

Or u can just make excuses, sheeeiiiiiit.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:25 pm

have been trying lately but it's not enough to where I can do full sessions or anything yet. Starts causing some serious pain around that area after awhile is all.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:06 am

not even lifting some weights? Surprised

i went about 3 hours today of working out in the afternoon. my body is tired. ima take tomorrow off from working out so my muscles can heal. im still surprised that many people dont understand that working out makes your muscles tear and thats usually the point
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 am

Nice.

Yeah the muscle tearing is what makes them bigger, it's how people get swole as fuck.

http://duncantrussell.com/tom-j-deters-in-the-iron-lord-meat-shift-challenge/

This is a good podcast for starting out with if you're interested in getting fit.
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 am

yea i wanna take take the day off my buddy prob wont let me lol, i gotta relax on the cadio thou my legs getting soar.

i've begun to start benching 45's i forget what the bar weighed so i cant provide total weight. but its pretty tough only able to do 5 reps which does the job for 3 sets along with the rest of the workout.

if your aiming for weight loss like myself then you can do it in 2 ways.....the easy way...or the hard way...(boondocks Wink ) lol

but yea the 2 ways if doing cardio is either do long periods of cardio or increase the intensity( which should burn off the same amount in a shorter time).

your body burns off all the carbs before it gets to the fats. so the longer u go or the more intensity the more you will burn.

It's all about getting the heart rate going. Weight lifting will prob help burn off more calories then cardio as well so its good to get a balance, a good 10 minute warm up prior will get the heart rate going and then doing some weight lifting on top of that will do you justice then you can include some cardio after and stuff...

just becareful thou too much cardio can result in cutting down dat "cyan muscles" and if u wanna get stronger then u wanna keep dem "cyan muscles".

you guys might know this already but if you dont i hope it helps Smile
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am

My max as far as benching goes was 135. 2 45s and the bar was 45 pounds as well. Haven't done much since I left weightlifting class back in 2010. We used to do 2 miles of jogging every day before lifting too. I was in the class for 2 years and it was fun because it was the one class with a bunch of my friends. Shame, i was seeing improvement and I felt good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Any gyms where you live Jet?

My sister has been talking about hooking me up with a gym membership, they're always so busy tho so I dunno when I can start =/
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeah I was going to join the same one as popies a while ago but it never happened. I have a couple of dumbbells that I use rarely. Rather just jog in the early morning and do some occasional curls than join a gym.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:42 pm

yeah theres gyms all over LA and SD. i dont mind joining a gym but like jet said i got some dumbbells and smartbells that i can use. and i can go running at a near by park or just do cario exercises in my room while playing some good music.

QOTSA and Kyuss and TCV is great for workouts. their beats are fast paced for so great for cardio
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Lots o' hotties in da gym doe.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:10 pm

lol thats true. better not let them see me fail at some exercises. more reason to stay home Razz
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:21 pm

lmfao cyan

lone get away from dem hoes doe they be no goodz yo

cyan i hear u use wiggle weight
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:50 pm

lol the fudge is wiggle wieght? must be some canadian thing....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Maple syrup diet aye?
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:15 pm

with moose jerky
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Cyan wrote:lol the fudge is wiggle wieght? must be some canadian thing....

lol it's some weight they've introduced in a commercial that you hold in both hands in front or you and shake...they swear it's like a full on work out session. Mostly....it just makes the people on the screen look ridiculous.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Oh from south park
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

I dunno which came first if you say it's from south park...barely watched any episodes of that =/
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 am

South park spoofed it pure sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:06 am