Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+10
Goldie
ExcessKarnage18
FullmetalHeart
KEKOLD
Chakramaster
Sai
Link
Jec
Eri
Jet
14 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget]

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget] - Page 16 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget]

Post by Jet Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:37 pm

One of the three hungry beasts has been slain. Not by the ultimate hero of infinite destiny but fuck it, we'll take it. Gtfo argentina
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget] - Page 16 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget]

Post by Jec Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:45 pm

And the the top scorer is Colombian Very Happy
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Rodriguez? That kid is promising. Loved his goal with the spin on it
    Link

Post by Link Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Jec wrote:And the the top scorer is Colombian Very Happy
    so fucking proud!

Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Jet wrote:Rodriguez? That kid is promising. Loved his goal with the spin on it

Real Madrid is already interested in him.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Good stuff. Some of the young talent should be even better by the time the next cup comes around. We gotta wait 4 years though...
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:02 pm

And Juan Cuadrado also got first place for assists. 4 goals.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Messi? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Link

Post by Link Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:05 pm

yep, they picked messi out of their corrupt asses, I'm starting to hate the FIFA

and I hope James goes to any other team but real madrid, that club just uses their players like garbage and then spits them out when they have a bad time, for references see how they are treating Casillas right now, after he pretty much gave his life to defend that team
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:56 pm

I fucking did it.

Who knew that the last form he has left with two bars left would be the easiest. Man Strike Raid is my waifu.
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 am

Germany doe!

I hate all the messi jockriders!

Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:29 am

Messi looked at the prize like, "lol I don't even deserve this"
    Link

Post by Link Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:56 am

he isn't the only one who think he didn't deserve it

I could name at least 5 players that deserve it more than him, but Platini and Blatter need to suck on Messi's dick

my landlords are Argentinian and said to me this morning it felt more like an insult than anything ^^

stupid FIFA needs to change or go down like a bitch
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:40 am

Hell even Maradona said Messi did not deserve that prize. He personally chose James Rodríguez
    Link

Post by Link Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:15 am

I'm telling you, the FIFA needs to re-organize their directive committee, the current one is screwing up hard because of their lust for money and their terrible game manipulation with referees fucking games up

the viewers of the world cup are not blind and have seen a lot of bullshit happen in this cup, I just hope something is done about it
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Whoa...japan can now go to war again?!
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:14 pm

what do you mean?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:34 pm

I was watching john olivers show and he was joking about how after 70 years of pacifism japan can now go to war to "protect other countries" again.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 pm

I hadnt heard about it at all on the news

n July 1, Japanese PM Shinzo Abe announced that for the first time since the end of World War II, Japan would now be able to fight wars on foreign soil. In the past, Japan's military has been reserved strictly for defence - hence its official title, the Self Defence Force (SDF). But thanks to this new reinterpretation of the constitution, the only thing that is necessary for military mobilisation is for one of Japan's allies to be "attacked". This is a scary prospect if we consider that Japan's biggest ally is the US (and when we consider how many enemies the US has made over the past few years). Perhaps the pros and cons of re-militarisation is a topic worth discussing. Unfortunately for the people of Japan, and of the East Asian region, this discussion has never occurred, as Abe's administration is making the decision for them. In response, there has been an unprecedented amount of opposition. Protests are happening every other day, and seem to only be growing in size and intensity. Some Euro-American press outlets have grazed the surface of this phenomenon, but they seem to be missing the gravity of the situation. Perhaps because reporters are unable to see the Japanese as anything but docile and passive, or because they are attempting to portray the protesters in a "respectable" light, they have overlooked the anger and confusion that is beginning to grip Japan. That is, protesters aren't stopping at writing letters, or rousing chants of "save our Constitution". Many of the protesters are much less polite. They are out in the streets, calling for Abe's head: shouting "Die, Abe", or "Fascists, go to hell!" and holding up posters with Abe's face in crosshairs. Abe strikes back

While they have clearly underestimated the magnitude of the opposition, the Abe administration seems to have anticipated some resistance. The same day the government made the announcement, they also released an SDF recruitment commercial (Youtube link). This 15-second clip stars Haruka Shimazaki of AKB 48, Japan's most famous idol girl group.

We might wonder if a male spokesperson might be a better choice: for example, a member of Exile, a J-pop supergroup of 19 men. They are one of the most successful and recognisable pop groups in Japan, with their own magazine, TV show, and over a dozen chart-topping albums. They regularly appear half-clothed on advertisements and billboards, and represent the pinnacle of mass-market masculinity. Also, Abe clearly has access to them: He invited them to perform at an ASEAN banquet only a few months ago. Wouldn't an Exile member in fatigues be a great encouragement to get young men to rush to the nearest recruitment centre?

In short: no, because it would be too realistic. If one of these popular young men appeared in a military advertisement, it would be too easy to imagine that young man being killed in a war - and, by extension, for a young man watching the commercial to imagine themselves dying. Or, for anyone with a son or brother to imagine that person dying.

Instead, the aim behind using AKB 48 seems to be an attempt to appeal to a specific male desire to protect "their" women, all while cleverly sidestepping the possibility of danger.

War without actual war

Most countries' military commercials give a glorified version of military service - bravery, sacrifice, adventure. We see images of men and women holding guns, sitting in tanks, and actually preparing for combat. This commercial does none of that.

Instead, the SDF commercial spends more time on close ups of the pretty girl's face than anything else. The rest of the shots are mainly dedicated to pictures of young men standing at attention or running with tote bags. The last shot of a uniformed soldier is a smiling man hugging a young girl, with the caption "Disaster Relief".

In other words, there is no mention of armed combat. The cutesy voiceover tells the viewer that the military is a place that is "like the sky, full of unlimited dreams". This is no longer a military recruitment spot, this is an invitation to Tokyo Disneyland.

The government has experimented with using girl groups to raise military enrolment before. In 2012, for example, they parked a tank in front of an AKB fan club shop in Akihabara, Japan's computer and anime nerd heaven, and passed out promotional materials. The military band also regularly performs AKB songs.

But this is a much more carefully orchestrated campaign. The use of cute girls to deflect the fear of war is so brilliantly executed, in fact, that it is beginning to make people suspicious.

For its part, much of the Japanese media has also tried to downplay the controversy. Footage of demonstrations is rarely shown on the news, and when a man set himself on fire in protest of the reinterpretation, commentators avoided talking about why he did it.

The right wing has also thrown its weight behind Abe's PR campaign. Ultra-right politician Toshio Tamogami, perhaps best known for being forced to resign as head of the Air Force for publicly suggesting (among other things) that the Nanking Massacre was secretly orchestrated by China, took to Twitter immediately after the decision was announced. He gushed his support for Abe, including this whirlwind of circular logic:

The left wing is against [the new policy], so it is a correct policy. Also, any policies that China and Korea are against, are usually correct. Policies that places like China or Korea approve of are always wrong. Thus, it is correct.

But, this all seems to be backfiring.
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:27 pm

I had to go with the Black Moto G. Amazon had a problem with ordering the White moto G. Really wanted the white, but black will do.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Its raining!
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:33 pm

what wrong jet?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh....you got me right in the feels
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Judah freelander has a campaign going savethebeautifulgame.org hes trying to get 2 referees in thee to call fouls better, get diving out of the game and allow video review.

Hes coming to Whales Vagina next week too. Hes cool
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:16 pm

thats overdue.!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:12 am