Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+3
Jet
JayJay1401
Cyan
7 posters

Naruto Factioncast #7: Super Hard Mode

Anonymous

Naruto Factioncast #7: Super Hard Mode Empty Naruto Factioncast #7: Super Hard Mode

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:42 am

Starring JayJay1401, me (Lone), Cyan, and Jet!

Download the podcast here!

News!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265319/Batmobile-Man-paid-1-original-sells-auction-4-6M.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/9814620/I-can-create-Neanderthal-baby-I-just-need-willing-woman.html
    http://news.msn.com/us/utah-company-fires-2-workers-who-supported-obama
    http://buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130118/CITYANDREGION/130119145
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/researchers-find-bacteria-in-siberia-that-can-thrive-on-mars/story-e6frfro0-1226555099526
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130118064733.htm

Gaming!
    http://www.nuzlocke.com/

http://www.aniplogs.com/2013/01/naruto-mmorpg-now-reality.html
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/17/limited-edition-white-ps3-bundle-hits-january-27th-with-1-year-of-plus-2/
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/18/skyrim-add-ons-land-on-ps3-in-february-50-off-for-one-week/
    http://www.psu.com/a018030/Lightning-Returns--Final-Fantasy-XIII-fall-release-confirmed-in-new-trailer

Movies!

Manga!
    http://shonenjump.viz.com/

Last edited by Lone on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Cyan
    Cyan
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Factioncast #7: Super Hard Mode Empty Re: Naruto Factioncast #7: Super Hard Mode

Post by Cyan Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 am

so hard
    JayJay1401
    JayJay1401
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate

Naruto Factioncast #7: Super Hard Mode Empty Re: Naruto Factioncast #7: Super Hard Mode

Post by JayJay1401 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 am

So.. who's getting paid by the shorter links?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:54 pm

I can't remove the advertising, it's a free site. If you quote or edit my post you'll see it actually isn't there, it's only added when you click on it & there's no way to get rid of it.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm

It was hard, but so was I
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 pm

pre good episode, and after first season of prison break stop watching just goes from unreal to trash. milked hard.

one season was pre good actually then shit again
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:24 pm

i am starting to taste the milkyness but i hear all of it is good too. so ima just watch it and see what i think
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 pm

kk son, but i warned you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Hmmmmmm
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 am

It seems like everything went down hill with the podcast after Yet joined
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 am

And after you left >_>
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 am

It's hard having the same list of discussion every week. It'd be better to have more organic conversations when we don't have anything worthwhile to say in one particular topic. The podcast we did with D was actually good kekold, not sure if you listened to that. Talk didn't feel forced.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:53 am

Too many things I can point out on that cast.., But I was just kidding on the whole going down hill. i just wanted to dramatize the thought of there not being a podcast for a while now...

I still love you... all
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 am

Point out?
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 am

Yup
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:02 am

Not sure what that means. Criticism? I'd like to hear it
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:07 am

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining on the value of the podcast I enjoyed listening to it.
    I can't really say that it was something wrong with it but the lack of argument in some occasions.
    Like in the part were higher education was being discuss. The Majority of the talk was being done by Lone and D. At that point it would have been good for someone to jump in as an arbitrary (either you or DX)
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:14 am

I found that D was just going against most of everyone's thoughts just to have the contrary which is nothing wrong with that but it would have been great for anyone else to challenged him on his opposition. When you go over an argument is not to get the acknowledgement of the one opposing you but the acknowledgement of your audience
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:23 am

KEKOLD wrote:Don't get me wrong I am not complaining on the value of the podcast I enjoyed listening to it.
    I can't really say that it was something wrong with it but the lack of argument in some occasions.
    Like in the part were higher education was being discuss. The Majority of the talk was being done by Lone and D. At that point it would have been good for someone to jump in as an arbitrary (either you or DX)
    I welcome criticism so long as it's constructive.

Sometimes there's just not much to say. It's like when I was talking about all the shows I've watched over the year and you guys didn't say anything. We'd have to have the pre cast tailored to what we want to talk about that week, rotating topics. One week we'd have enough people to carry a conversation on a particular subject, the next we might not.

It's the hosts job to adapt to the current. If a topic is dying, pull out and switch it. Last weeks episode of talking dead is a good example with the guests not having much to say.

KEKOLD wrote:I found that D was just going against most of everyone's thoughts just to have the contrary which is nothing wrong with that but it would have been great for anyone else to challenged him on his opposition. When you go over an argument is not to get the acknowledgement of the one opposing you but the acknowledgement of your audience
    Lol I've felt Ds done that before. I know Jayjay has in the past. Either way him bringing up an opposing side worked, it felt like a real conversation. We didn't get both sides of it? I thought we did

KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 am

Jet wrote:
    KEKOLD wrote:Don't get me wrong I am not complaining on the value of the podcast I enjoyed listening to it.
    I welcome criticism so long as it's constructive.

Sometimes there's just not much to say. It's like when I was talking about all the shows I've watched over the year and you guys didn't say anything. We'd have to have the pre cast tailored to what we want to talk about that week, rotating topics. One week we'd have enough people to carry a conversation on a particular subject, the next we might not.

It's the hosts job to adapt to the current. If a topic is dying, pull out and switch it. Last weeks episode of talking dead is a good example with the guests not having much to say.
    You brought a good point, there has always been a problem with the host, no one has ever really taking the charge as a host some one that makes the transitions between the segments and cuts or continues a certain one.
    One thing that can be done is Have a rotational host on each podcast or have one that does it all the time. Either way whom ever is hosting ot should have some cojones and guide the show.
    Jet wrote:
    KEKOLD wrote:I found that D was just going against most of everyone's thoughts just to have the contrary which is nothing wrong with that but it would have been great for anyone else to challenged him on his opposition. When you go over an argument is not to get the acknowledgement of the one opposing you but the acknowledgement of your audience
    Lol I've felt Ds done that before. I know Jayjay has in the past. Either way him bringing up an opposing side worked, it felt like a real conversation. We didn't get both sides of it? I thought we did

I agree having someone challenging others ideas is good it creates some sort of emotional conflict that makes a conversation interesting. Thats when the rest of the cast should intervine to defend a certain idea. Thats when the host acts as an arbitrary either to prove the reasoning of one side, rationalize both parties or plain cut the conversation to continue the show.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:03 am

One of the first things I suggested was us voting to elect a main host, since switching for each segment gets a little chaotic. I had wanted to talk about it over Skype but nothing came from it. And yes I agree with what you said it seems like a job that would require finesse. One of the main reasons why I didn't wanna be in the podcast when we were still talking about making one 3 or 4 years ago. I don't think myself capable of directing an entire podcast, at least not anytime soon. I had wanted someone to direct the entire thing, navigating topics knowing when to step in etc. We could try having someone host one week then another someone else and then vote for whoever does the best job on a constant basis to do it on the regular. Ideally, we would vote after everyone gets in a few tries. It seems a lot better than our current way of it "hey it's your turn to talk"

One thing about the opposing side debacle is a lot of us tend to agree on certain issues... like say more pro humanitarian endeavors less rich people getting tax breaks, corporations are people nonsense. It wouldn't be a good idea to fake ideals for the sake of conversation. I know I couldn't argue for cutting peoples healthcare (while other developed nations have universal coverage) and leaving the overblown defense budget( US spending more than a combination of multiple nations) untouched without feeling like a villainous scumbag.

Having a main host would solve the issue since it can then be presented as something more akin to putting the essence of both arguments in perspective. That sounds good, so long as it doesn't always end with the "both sides made reasonable points and are equally wrong and equally right" cop out of an answer.

D more or less asked a question then we discussed it. Sometimes not agreeing or disagreeing, just talking about it normally. Sometimes spinning into something else from there. When he isn't talking about steelfallenangels sexual escapades D displays great guile haha. The presenter formula he did works though. If we can just work on the details and not talk about the same things each week I can easily see a more natural podcast.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:14 am

That's a reasonable thought, we need to have a meeting over Skype and start going over things that need to be done in the podcast. We need to have a meeting once every week after the podcast has been uploaded. To see the areas on which we can improve, also keep having prepodcast meetings. We have just started doing this and it is going well but we need to make it better and not let it die. To to continue it for as long as we can.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 am

I have an open windows when we can have the meeting today, tomorrow and Friday from 9:30 pm to 11 pm Cali time.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 am

Nice. Lone sleeps pretty early at the moment though. I'll show up once the other two guys agree to a time for sure
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Well we cant tear it down we need structure to keep the podcast strong and interesting. The problem with it is that its too general. We discuss everything and not everyone has a voice to cast on some subjects. Most podcast stay true to one topic, a specific show etc. so here is solution.

You get different people to partake in different parts of the podcast while one or two or three people (the host) partakes in everyone. this person has to be able to be enthusiastic and knowledgeable of all topics.

for example if kekold was the host he partake in news gaming anime tv movies.
    if i wanted to join the gaming and anime i do those ones.
    if jet does tv does that one.
    if lone only news then he does news etc.

this keeps it refreshing with new people and different perspectives on different topics etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 am