Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+12
ExcessKarnage18
JNM
Eri
Link
Jec
KEKOLD
ShadowB
FullmetalHeart
Sai
Chakramaster
Jet
Cyan
16 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #8 [XBOX720 > PS4]

Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #8 [XBOX720 > PS4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #8 [XBOX720 > PS4]

Post by Sai Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:34 pm

KEKOLD wrote:What a jerk... I lost my deep love for valve once they spoke high of the PS3. Bunch of sell outs.
    You do know that was a joke post on 4chan's /v/ right? (A really fucking old one at that). Basically Half Life 3 never being announced has lead to every E3 people hoping for an announcement.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #8 [XBOX720 > PS4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #8 [XBOX720 > PS4]

Post by KEKOLD Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Lone wrote:
    Jet wrote:Damn...that's fucked up. No apology for link?
    He doesn't seem to be too fond of Colombia either.

Well that crazy stuff is what made Link leave to Europe... Well thats what he says, unless he's being wanted for producing the devil's breath
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Sai wrote:
    KEKOLD wrote:What a jerk... I lost my deep love for valve once they spoke high of the PS3. Bunch of sell outs.
    You do know that was a joke post on 4chan's /v/ right? (A really fucking old one at that). Basically Half Life 3 never being announced has lead to every E3 people hoping for an announcement.

well dont like Three Es. Still my feelings towards valve stay the same.
    ShadowB
    ShadowB
    Academy Ninja: Student

Post by ShadowB Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Don't worry Karnage when the people of the underworld tamper with our water supply by release two hundred cubic tons of bathsalt in it. The world will go into catastrophic meltdown and a world with zombies will come true. Thus having the world go into a state of panic, this is where your medical training comes in, being the world only means of survival. Hope that make you feel better by being a doctor now.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:58 pm

ExcessKarnage18 wrote:Looks like the sequester hit and we're facing $75 billion in cuts to Federal programs. Medicare reimbursements get cut by 2%. I'm so tired of this finger-pointing between Obama and the GOP. The sequester was designed to be such a bad scenario that they would HAVE to come up with something better. But they failed. Stupid, endless arguing and we citizens get caught in the crossfire.

Physician salaries go down every year. They don't rise with inflation, they don't stagnate, but they go DOWN. And medical school debt is higher than it's ever been. Now Obama is permitting Medicaid to lower their reimbursements to physicians. Medicaid pays SHIT already. States know this and they are trying to pass legislation where physicians are required to accept Medicaid patients as a condition of medical licensure. Perfect timing too since 40 million uninsured people will suddenly be insured under PPACA starting next year.

I'm not asking to be a billionaire and I don't expect to own a Lambo but I expect to be compensated fairly for my services comparable to the years of work that I put in. If we move towards a socialized system than the government had damn-well better subsidize medical school since doctors won't be able to pay off a $300,000 loan on a $50,000 salary. Not if they want a house and a family. Maybe I should've been an engineer.

Rant over.

I was under the impression doctors were highly valued and thus highly paid?

Why wasn't the sequester holding congressmen' salary hostage instead? It doesn't make sense to punish regular people over a bunch of old overpaid scumbags with entitled permissions and more than generous work schedules. Watching all the sequester coverage makes it seem like an easy solution.

Actually nevermind. They would probably be paid by all the lobbying groups they 'represent. And they're probably rich enough already. Scumbaga.
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:07 pm

KEKOLD wrote:
    Sai wrote:

Yeah I don't like E3 either. Well the thing is Valve hated the fuck out of the PS3 at the beginning (mostly gabe). But I mean I guess people make mistakes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

ExcessKarnage18 wrote:Looks like the sequester hit and we're facing $75 billion in cuts to Federal programs. Medicare reimbursements get cut by 2%. I'm so tired of this finger-pointing between Obama and the GOP. The sequester was designed to be such a bad scenario that they would HAVE to come up with something better. But they failed. Stupid, endless arguing and we citizens get caught in the crossfire.

Physician salaries go down every year. They don't rise with inflation, they don't stagnate, but they go DOWN. And medical school debt is higher than it's ever been. Now Obama is permitting Medicaid to lower their reimbursements to physicians. Medicaid pays SHIT already. States know this and they are trying to pass legislation where physicians are required to accept Medicaid patients as a condition of medical licensure. Perfect timing too since 40 million uninsured people will suddenly be insured under PPACA starting next year.

I'm not asking to be a billionaire and I don't expect to own a Lambo but I expect to be compensated fairly for my services comparable to the years of work that I put in. If we move towards a socialized system than the government had damn-well better subsidize medical school since doctors won't be able to pay off a $300,000 loan on a $50,000 salary. Not if they want a house and a family. Maybe I should've been an engineer.

Rant over.

Sounds like you have more of an education issue than a medicare issue.

It also sounds like the people running this country need education the most out of us all. Doctors getting paid enough isn't a problem in Britain, and basic medical aid is possible for any in need there. Even though more advanced procedures aren't provided there without much hassle and money exchanging hands I'd rather at least have the most basic of needs met then people with basic and advanced needs who don't have loads of cash both suffering.
    Link

Post by Link Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:10 pm

KEKOLD wrote:
    Lone wrote:
    Jet wrote:Damn...that's fucked up. No apology for link?
    He doesn't seem to be too fond of Colombia either.

Well that crazy stuff is what made Link leave to Europe... Well thats what he says, unless he's being wanted for producing the devil's breath
    well Colombia has a bunch of god damn good things I enjoy like food and my best friends ever live there, I'll never deny that I was born in a very cool place, but I hate the fact the way Colombians live is fucked up just because a bunch of people wants it to be like that, yet nobody does shit, and does who care and try to do or say anything get killed, bribed or kidnapped, the natural resources of that country are more than enough to ensure every single person in the country can reach living standards as those of the 1st world countries but hey guess what, government rather have some dealers get all the cash, foreign companies get hold of entire rivers or springs (manantial S.A.) which could make actual Colombians rich, so foreigners can become rich with our resources while there is people born in Colombia who has to walk for hours to get to a decent water source to cook some rice and sweet water (agua de panela) to build calories for the day

I'm not saying the country should be perfect by any means, but it really pisses me off that there are very rich people living in one end of a city and on the other end there is people with barely anything to eat

even something like the emmeralds is controlled by a single motherfucker who has a private army watching over the fucking mines, who the fuck knows how much money that bastard has, but hey, nobody fucking cares because he bribes the right people

so yeah, shit could be better, but is not

even now there is a huge problem in the country because the other Colombian product from which we are well known around the world which is coffee is produced by the efforts of countless countrymen and women who struggle to go through the whole process of coffee production and the government is using the brute force to stop their strike, whilst they kiss the ass of terrorists and drug dealers so that they can come to an agreement

so yeah, all in all it is a cool country with some amazing shit but my powerlessness to change anything makes me rage so bad that I rather stay out of the subject
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:32 pm

That's one of the things it pisses pissed about Mexico, so many natural resources yet foreign companies benefit from those. Heck the whole city of taxco sits on a bed of silver yet that region is poor. I love the country and all of its natural ecosystem and civilization history but present day Mexico is a death bath, I used to go there every six months and enjoy a week down there now I wouldn't dare just cross the boarder.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:48 pm

It's no coincidence that this massive corruption is occurring just south of us.
    Link

Post by Link Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:23 pm

yeah it is going according to some plan, some group of people is in control

but I hate the fact the masses just sit there and enjoy their mental slavery
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:40 pm

People are just conformist,they don't want to sacrifice the little commodity they have that's why they'll rather stay in ignorance than to learn and work for a better tomorrow. They expect that there will be someone that will do all the work while they just go about with their lives. Even if you were to show them undeniable proof that things will get worst and that they can do something about it.

They will just sit back and purposely refuse to gain knowledge. They live by a phrase: "If I refuse to learn about it is not true and will never happen"
    Link

Post by Link Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:44 pm

reminds me of "ignorance is bliss"

sheep is what they are
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Sadly ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant, or else we could all find bliss with a clear conscience. Simply choosing not to learn isn't an option for people like us.

Whoa... I just realized you can't spell conscience without science. Powerful learning!
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Sai wrote:
    KEKOLD wrote:
    Sai wrote:

Yeah I don't like E3 either. Well the thing is Valve hated the fuck out of the PS3 at the beginning (mostly gabe). But I mean I guess people make mistakes.

Well biggest mistake is to give people false hope on a Console that has poor between user interface....

Wow that doesn't make sense... What I am trying to say is that the PS3 could have been a great system but Sony screwed up the most valuable pieces... On purpose.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:00 pm

I don't think Sony maliciously made their UI shitty on purpose. Then again if you look at Playstation Plus in US and compare it to EU.... nvm.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Link wrote:reminds me of "ignorance is bliss"

sheep is what they are

Well sheep are those that blindly follow a certain idea without proving to them selves that there's no questionable doubt to that idea.

Lone wrote:Sadly ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant, or else we could all find bliss with a clear conscience. Simply choosing not to learn isn't an option for people like us.

Whoa... I just realized you can't spell conscience without science. Powerful learning!

Well science literately means knowledge... is just that people are adapting a new meaning to the word. Which is base on any higher learning that is involve with chemistry, engineering and astronomy.

ExcessKarnage18
    ExcessKarnage18

Post by ExcessKarnage18 Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:06 pm

ShadowB wrote:Don't worry Karnage when the people of the underworld tamper with our water supply by release two hundred cubic tons of bathsalt in it. The world will go into catastrophic meltdown and a world with zombies will come true. Thus having the world go into a state of panic, this is where your medical training comes in, being the world only means of survival. Hope that make you feel better by being a doctor now.

Bath salts = zombies

Of course!

Jet wrote:

I was under the impression doctors were highly valued and thus highly paid?

Why wasn't the sequester holding congressmen' salary hostage instead? It doesn't make sense to punish regular people over a bunch of old overpaid scumbags with entitled permissions and more than generous work schedules. Watching all the sequester coverage makes it seem like an easy solution.

Actually nevermind. They would probably be paid by all the lobbying groups they 'represent. And they're probably rich enough already. Scumbaga.

They still are to a degree. But the status quo is changing. There's a physician shortage that's going to get a lot worse because of all the people who are going to be insured and thus be entitled to medical care. Meaning doctors will have to see A LOT more patients. The government can't afford to pay the doctors for all these new patients so they have to slash Medicare reimbursements and give the states more wiggle room for Medicaid (which as I said before, pays maybe 10%-20% a normal reimbursement. Good luck getting the patient to pay the rest).

It's a side-effect of moving health care from the private sector to the government sector. Doctors have to see more patients for less pay. More patients = less time with each patient = decrease in the quality of care. In Canada and the UK, they have socialized healthcare but pay next to NOTHING for medical school. I would gladly take a lower salary if the government were to bare the burden of medical school costs for me.

Lone wrote:
    Sounds like you have more of an education issue than a medicare issue.

It also sounds like the people running this country need education the most out of us all. Doctors getting paid enough isn't a problem in Britain, and basic medical aid is possible for any in need there. Even though more advanced procedures aren't provided there without much hassle and money exchanging hands I'd rather at least have the most basic of needs met then people with basic and advanced needs who don't have loads of cash both suffering.

Honestly, it's both. The student loan system is so fucked up. Student loan debt has just exceeded total credit card debt in America. Because ANYONE is eligible for Federal loans, the schools can hike their prices as much as they want because they know the student will qualify and they will get their money. You can't clear student loans in bankruptcy either, so good luck. The government needs to regulate public higher education like they do in the UK. Private schools can do their own thing, but good luck to whomever is willing to pay those outrageous prices for virtually the same degree you can get at a state school.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Lone wrote:I don't think Sony maliciously made their UI shitty on purpose. Then again if you look at Playstation Plus in US and compare it to EU.... nvm.

The system has great potential, yet no one can use it to its max. resolution for their games is shitty, no backwards compatibility because is supposedly expensive which is a bunch of crap is can be easy fix with minor modifications, mostly software.

The system is an oxymoron on itself. great device, great components shitty performance and development.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Sounds like the US could learn a great deal from other countries. I think a main reason of why we don't is all the talk of "american exceptionalism" from politicians. It isn't all that far from propaganda, we praise ourselves, constantly and unapologetically so, in spite of being behind in education, gun laws and corporate practices, health. The problem is you get people thinking anything from another country, socialism in this case is evil and the fact that the US opposes it makes us special. There should be a big public push for universal health care and many other things that benefit those that have little to nothing.

Karnage if our medical system was like Europe's and paid for your schooling like you said AND had universal coverage wouldn't government spending be less than it is now in the US.? If so, why is the US still behind? Specifically why Are the lobbying and interest groups a lot stronger here? How specifically does our political system prevent progress?
    Link

Post by Link Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:56 pm

before you go on on that line of thought you have to take in mind medical care is about to go private in Europe because of lack of funds, let me elaborate

since we started to fall into economical depression after 9/11 the governments of many European countries started to cut down in services the government had to pay for with tax money in order to keep the inner economy running, because of that they had to cut down in the number of Doctors and nurses that work in each hospital, now there are less of them in each hospital and work more, because of the bad economy very few people pays to go to private clinics and private health care companies have decline from around 20 to about 5 because again, nobody can pay them or want to pay them

Doctors can only prescribe Ibuprofen, Paracetamol and if you get lucky Diclofenac because that is all the pharmacies who are also under the control of the governments are allowed to give patients under public healthcare, if you have any type of sympthom you will be prescribed pain killers and that's it, unless you go to a private clinic and get a private prescription which costs a lot of money

reminds me of how medical healthcare was back in Colombia
    Link

Post by Link Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 pm

unrelated post to keep this thread above the other Razz
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Yare Yare.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Link wrote:unrelated post to keep this thread above the other Razz

don't kill my swag... Wait thats for the other thread..
    Link

Post by Link Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:05 pm

jersey shore is the cancer of MTV and lets just say media in general, so every time I read that title I feel like puking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:18 am