Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+7
Jec
Chakramaster
Link
Eri
Sai
jkrulz777
Jet
11 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]]

JayJay1401
    JayJay1401
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]] - Page 2 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]]

Post by JayJay1401 Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Do you guys still play Borderlands 2? It's on sale for like $30 idk if I should get it or not.

Apparently amazon also sells PS3 digital download codes.... the last of us (which I got new for $35) went back up to $46 for the hard copy while the digital copy cost $40 (digital distribution done right... (i think))

But ummm yea I might need a new harddrive for my PS3 becasue I still got those games that lone been getting for me over PSS with Playstation Plus so.... idk what imma do.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]] - Page 2 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]]

Post by Chakramaster Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:56 pm

JayJay1401 wrote:Do you guys still play Borderlands 2? It's on sale for like $30 idk if I should get it or not.

Apparently amazon also sells PS3 digital download codes.... the last of us (which I got new for $35) went back up to $46 for the hard copy while the digital copy cost $40 (digital distribution done right... (i think))

But ummm yea I might need a new harddrive for my PS3 becasue I still got those games that lone been getting for me over PSS with Playstation Plus so.... idk what imma do.
    I still play it yeah.  If you can I'd recommend getting the GOTY edition for all the dlc.  I've got all current dlc (except Krieg, the Psyco and the Thanksgiving dlc as well as some skin dlc.  Skin dlc seems kinda a waste.

I bet if we had 4 people willing to play we'd get a group playing it soon.  I'd be up for playing with my Mech since I'd like to level her up (she's at 11-15 forget which)
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Lone wrote:According to the internet it does work for skyrim.

I'm hoping to get some parts for a working PC soon, so I might as well get it on PC now. Costs less and there's a massive amount of content. Usually see the goty version for $30 on PC, while it's still $60 on console.
    It works? Lol do developers not realize you can do this? And yes dude....ive been looking at skyrkm mods and just visualizing all the stuff you can do. I really wanna try it
    JayJay1401 wrote:Do you guys still play Borderlands 2? It's on sale for like $30 idk if I should get it or not.

dont buy bl2, its free for plus this month. Again...try the goty trick if you want the dlc. As for last of us its at a lower price right now and digital(on ps3....thats 2 copies for price of one) its really a no brainer, it was even at 25 dollars and then 35 earlier.

if youre looking for somewhere to buy a hardrive ask chakra.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I don't think devs care too much, they're guaranteed a profit since it's a game they've already made a profit off of and are just printing more of with a bit of additional overpriced content so they can resell an old game at full price. I'm guessing investing in the technology to make the goty edition an actual different game so dlc doesn't carry over isn't worth the time & money.

Also I'll play bl2 with you jj. since it's free on plus you can just buy the dlc seperately if you want it. imo the only dlcs that are actually worth getting are the dragon keep dlc, the level caps (which you don't need to buy till you actually max lvl your character or wanna start ur 3rd playthrough with a single character) and the psycho (just if you want another cool character to play as and the 4 default ones aren't enough). Also if u get the dlc digitally i can play the dlc with u since we're sharing already.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:47 pm

I know a bunch about the game & its dlc bcuz i got it on 360 to play with friends btw, back when i got it the only one who had it on ps3 was chakra (sorry chakra, lol).
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Well they arent gettin a profit if you buy the retail copy used and then return it. Which is why im surprised to hear the old dlc trick works on the skyrim goty copy, a relatively new game
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Too muc hassle. Remember these are the people that only made 2 actual dlcs for a super hyped major successful rpg and then decided to resell it for full new game price 2 years later after only 2 dlcs. Profit isn't their motivation anymore, or if it is they already squeezed plenty out of Skyrim.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:16 pm

I guess. But I hear even bl2(which gearbox has catered to its fans by providing shitton of content) has drm free dlc, so the gamestop rental tactic can be used for free dlc with it as well.

I was gonna try out gamefly and get in on all the free stuff at once, but apparently they caught on to it a while ago, back in 2009 . I cant find a console version of a goty edition to do thi with outside of oblivion and maybe batman arkham city(which has drm dlc, so you need the goty copy popped in)

I guess since it really screws gamestop and other retail outlets devs dont care to screw them since gamestop and their ilk screw devs with used games. Hahahaha im performing a justice for the game devs really

Last edited by Jet on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Sorry about earlier Eri, I got home and took a extended nap. i didn't wake up until 9:30ish.

Happy Birthday Irish!
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:00 am

lol sall good i forgot and watched homefront.

happy birthday irish
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 am

Never Forget
    JayJay1401
    JayJay1401

Post by JayJay1401 Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:10 am

Jet wrote:
    Lone wrote:According to the internet it does work for skyrim.

I'm hoping to get some parts for a working PC soon, so I might as well get it on PC now. Costs less and there's a massive amount of content. Usually see the goty version for $30 on PC, while it's still $60 on console.
    It works? Lol do developers not realize you can do this? And yes dude....ive been looking at skyrkm mods and just visualizing all the stuff you can do. I really wanna try it

dont buy bl2, its free for plus this month. Again...try the goty trick if you want the dlc. As for last of us its at a lower price right now and digital(on ps3....thats 2 copies for price of one) its really a no brainer, it was even at 25 dollars and then 35 earlier.

if youre looking for somewhere to buy a hardrive ask chakra.
    Shit. Guess I missed that deal eh oh well... $35 still isn't a bad price I got it new just to support ND technically... I got GTA 5 used which wouldn't have mattered because it's $40 now but eh...

Also good shit so good thing I didn't jump on that... I might just buy that 1 DLC that lone said if that was the only good 1 that came out same thing I did with Fallout 3 when yall recommended DLC and I wasn't disappointed.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:21 am

Or you can do the gamestop trick where you get all the dlc by buying a game used and returning it after you install it. Buying used screws devs, so youre really screwing gamestop.

You should have waited for black friday man, it was disappointing this year but there were a few gems. Digital is just too good at half price. I cant emphasize enough how awesome 2 copies of one game is. Plus it equals more people to play with.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:12 am

There was some good black friday deals, even digital ps3 games on amazon. GTA 5, AC4, BF4, and Last of Us were all $35 each digital.

Eh the used goty dlc trick isn't necessary, only $10 digital for the good dlc, and the other dlcs u can get when they go on sale next or when u actually need em. psycho doesn't even come with goty, and neither does the 2nd lvl cap dlc. Both the lvl cap raising dlcs r $5 normally too, not a big deal.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 am

Lone wrote:There was some good black friday deals, even digital ps3 games on amazon. GTA 5, AC4, BF4, and Last of Us were all $35 each digital.

Eh the used goty dlc trick isn't necessary, only $10 digital for the good dlc, and the other dlcs u can get when they go on sale next or when u actually need em. psycho doesn't even come with goty, and neither does the 2nd lvl cap dlc. Both the lvl cap raising dlcs r $5 normally too, not a big deal.
    they were okay deals, but pretty disappointing for the most part.

As for the dlc, Free is a better deal for the good stuff. You cant beat free.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:46 am

Well it's not really free, gonna have to pay for gas to get there. Assuming he's even anywhere near a gamestop he can go to, come home, then go back to. Plus he will probably need to do the trick again once he gets a new hdd, not very convenient at all.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:57 am

they wont give u moneh back if u opened it will they? im sure they will give u less.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:03 am

They sell used games at gamestop, kinda hard to not open a used game.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:44 am

Lone wrote:Well it's not really free, gonna have to pay for gas to get there. Assuming he's even anywhere near a gamestop he can go to, come home, then go back to. Plus he will probably need to do the trick again once he gets a new hdd, not very convenient at all.
    lol youre really trying hard to get that digital dlc

The dlc trick is cost free. I dont know his travel situation but to suggest the actual method itself costs money by virtue of transportationis silly. It isnt that much of a hassle he can just go to the store on the same day as he buys a hardrive or do whenever is convenient for him should he desire to save a few bucks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:55 am

Why would he buy a hard drive at a store? It's a lot more affordable online. Also JJ is still in the navy, to assume he's going to always be in walking distance of a store at all times seems silly. Also that juice is easily 6 inches away, haha.

Yeah I'd like to have that dlc too, then i could play it with him. 2 copies digital like you say. Wouldn't hurt if he didn't get it either though, if i really wanted to I could turn on my xbox and play the dlc again (just not with jj/chakra).
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:02 pm

He said he was coming home for the holidays before so its not a stretch to think hed go to a gamestop around Philadelphia. The better deal is free theres no going around that. As far as his personal situation outside of that neither I nor you know, but that has no bearings on what has the least amount of cost.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Jec Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]] - Page 2 1453543_574863985923680_1369221925_n

Ahhhhh so much left to explore
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 pm

damn trees!!
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Jec wrote:Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]] - Page 2 1453543_574863985923680_1369221925_n

Ahhhhh so much left to explore

wheres hyrule doe?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:50 pm