Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+10
Goldie
ExcessKarnage18
FullmetalHeart
KEKOLD
Chakramaster
Sai
Link
Jec
Eri
Jet
14 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget]

Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget] - Page 20 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget]

Post by Eri Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Iduno what u mean link
    Eri
    Eri

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget] - Page 20 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #17 [Never Forget]

Post by Eri Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:59 pm

If u guys see me playing destiny and i dont respond to your invites or messages, then its my cuz playing.
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:08 pm

I've never had "multiple wifi signals" from what I understand if you normal internet is down and you've been using it when your regular internet is down I would assume it isn't yours, otherwise all of your connections would be fucked, no matter what even if it separate from your regular connection. I personally use wired for the same reason, I only have one wifi signal and know when im connected directly only our devices are what is using the wifi.

But having that many clients connected is just not good, thats probably whats causing your own internet to fuck up honestly.

Your SAFEST bet is to call up the company and for them to check if that signal is yours or not.
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Jet wrote:Questions for any techies here....ive had these suspicions. Hm well I scanned for wifi and the unprotected signal ive been using is named ASUS.my first pc was asus. With that old pc i used hardwired connection not wireless. When I use this signal its at 2 bars at best and when I disconnect my router and modem nothing happens I stay connected

Now since 2009 ive had my new router with a different signal named "Jet" Ok so now I reset the settings on my current router and the jet network appears as out of range. As soon as I did that though a brand new signal ive never seen before labeled only linksys(my router name coincidentally....with 4 bars at that. And also unsecured) popped up when I scanned. I logged in with it fine, just like my jet signal before it fucked up. So I disconnect my router and modem while signed into the linksys wifi and immediately lose connection. This is unlike the asus connection where I am currently signed into despite my router and modem bwing off. Is this enough to prove that the linksys wifi is mine....and that asus isnt?

so that means the linksys signal is mine in addition to the jet signal??? If I truly have 2 different wifi networks how does that impact me? My speed? I have wondered for a long time whether I had anything to do with that old asus network ive been using when my main network went down for whatever reason...I did notice my banswidth has been high a couple months ago, I complained about it because I dont really dwl anything really. Or stream much. It was 30 something last year.....this is before the trouble with the jet and linksys wifi

The "Linksys" labeled is your original connection. When you reset Linksys routers the default name will be "Linksys" and your old name will not be useful anymore. For reasons that is beyond my comprehension, sometimes your computer/tablet will find your routers old name and it'll say you're able to connect to it, in your case the one named "Jet". In reality you can't really use the old one named "Jet" because it's been reset and it's new name is "Linksys".

Do you have another router in your house besides the Linksys one? If so, then the "ASUS" connection could be yours. If you don't have another router in your house then the "ASUS" connection definitely isn't yours.

Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Link Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Sai wrote:
    Your SAFEST bet is to call up the company and for them to check if that signal is yours or not.
    feels good...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Goldie wrote:
    Jet wrote:Questions for any techies here....ive had these suspicions. Hm well I scanned for wifi and the unprotected signal ive been using is named ASUS.my first pc was asus. With that old pc i used hardwired connection not wireless. When I use this signal its at 2 bars at best and when I disconnect my router and modem nothing happens I stay connected

Now since 2009 ive had my new router with a different signal named "Jet" Ok so now I reset the settings on my current router and the jet network appears as out of range. As soon as I did that though a brand new signal ive never seen before labeled only linksys(my router name coincidentally....with 4 bars at that. And also unsecured) popped up when I scanned. I logged in with it fine, just like my jet signal before it fucked up. So I disconnect my router and modem while signed into the linksys wifi and immediately lose connection. This is unlike the asus connection where I am currently signed into despite my router and modem bwing off. Is this enough to prove that the linksys wifi is mine....and that asus isnt?

so that means the linksys signal is mine in addition to the jet signal??? If I truly have 2 different wifi networks how does that impact me? My speed? I have wondered for a long time whether I had anything to do with that old asus network ive been using when my main network went down for whatever reason...I did notice my banswidth has been high a couple months ago, I complained about it because I dont really dwl anything really. Or stream much. It was 30 something last year.....this is before the trouble with the jet and linksys wifi

The "Linksys" labeled is your original connection. When you reset Linksys routers the default name will be "Linksys" and your old name will not be useful anymore. For reasons that is beyond my comprehension, sometimes your computer/tablet will find your routers old name and it'll say you're able to connect to it, in your case the one named "Jet". In reality you can't really use the old one named "Jet" because it's been reset and it's new name is "Linksys".

Do you have another router in your house besides the Linksys one? If so, then the "ASUS" connection could be yours. If you don't have another router in your house then the "ASUS" connection definitely isn't yours.

ah I see good good.

Now as for the last paragraph, I dont recall if I do...but its not possible to be up if the routr is no longer connected is it?
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:06 am

Jet wrote:
    Goldie wrote:

The "Linksys" labeled is your original connection. When you reset Linksys routers the default name will be "Linksys" and your old name will not be useful anymore.  For reasons that is beyond my comprehension, sometimes your computer/tablet will find your routers old name and it'll say you're able to connect to it, in your case the one named "Jet". In reality you can't really use the old one named "Jet" because it's been reset and it's new name is "Linksys".

ah I see good good.

Now as for the last paragraph, I dont recall if I do...but its not possible to be up if the routr is no longer connected is it?

If the router isn't on then it's impossibly, correct. If it's on then it's possible.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:56 am

^ok then that confirms that ASUS isnt my wifi. I only have one router and th ip address is different too. Good thing I didnt add a passwkrd for it, id feel bad if the dude couldnt access his own net. Still if I knew who it was id block everyone else using his wifi from accessing it
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:54 pm

5minutes and waiting...oh god this is the 7th time they repeat the same advertisement!
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 pm

dominate vs submissive?

how you guys like your bitches?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:22 am

Alright I factory restored my router....im now on it, but its an open connection. can I put a security password on it without a pc though?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:24 am

Why did the connection fail for my ps3....I set the ssid as linksys and it doesnt have a password yet so...maybe I need to disconnect and reconnect like ive done so many times before. Still the security is worrying me
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:47 am

ALRIGHT! Guess the internet lady was wrong I could do it over my tab.

Now...back to my original problem.....I can connect just fine on my router but pages wont load for shit. It all started when I got signed out of psn. Ive tried reconnecting after disconnecting multiple times since. And thanks to all the trouble with my linksys recently, rebooted it a couple times too. Can someone help?
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:09 am

Make sure you're trying to connect to the right security under that connection is all I can think of right now. They seem like they try to make this all more complicated the further we go. Hopefully it'll all sort out soon.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:00 pm

James now plays for Real Madrid.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

how much?
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

i keep getting malware alerts for the site
    Link

Post by Link Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Jec wrote:James now plays for Real Madrid.
    yep, sadly, I wanted him to move to a more human club, this one is all about the money so it sucks
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Eri wrote:i keep getting malware alerts for the site

yeah there's a lot of traffic from other countries now and pop ups even though pop-up blocker is on, on my mobile.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:08 am

First I lost my soul now my spirit
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 am

No way....im on my wifi....its really working. I did it!

Kinda odd its working now....the 192.168.1.1 wo t load up at all but for the time being at least it seemed like the mac address solution did the trick. I still wanna check out the status bar and the the situation with the WPS though
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 am

My ps3 still wont get internet connection either. Yet im using the net fine on my tablet, goes to show the isp people dont know jack shit all they told me was disconnect and reconnect real expertise there, shit that didnt even work.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 am

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Jet wrote:My ps3 still wont get internet connection either. Yet im using the net fine on my tablet, goes to show the isp people dont know jack shit all they told me was disconnect and reconnect real expertise there, shit that didnt even work.

It may be your ps3 if that's the case.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:20 pm