Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

4 posters

SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon]

Poll

Is The Walking Dead Garbage?

[ 1 ]
    SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon] - Page 10 Bar_left33%SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon] - Page 10 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon] - Page 10 Bar_left33%SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon] - Page 10 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 3
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon] - Page 10 Empty Re: SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon]

Post by Eri Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 pm

i know right
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon] - Page 10 Empty Re: SHOWtime [New Atheism is the new Neocon]

Post by Jet Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Well lets calm down...as long as we can all agree that The Walking Dead is garbage and will always be garbage we can remain united.
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Jec Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Eri wrote:smallville was good till  8th or 9th season and on

supernatural was and still is a good show

prison break first season was amazing, second was pretty good and it got worse form there.

fresh prince of bel air was da bomb

cosby show was da bomb

----

ur era of shows suck doe....Gayrrow, white flash...., tyler perry garbage...

pfff... Smallville was good till season 4
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:32 pm

"I tried to stop the battle....but it became a war..."

- Jet, 2015 AD
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:14 pm

ur a monster jec
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Why do American cops use lethal force against people that are running away from them? That doesn't make sense.... At least go for their legs, no their backs...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:00 pm

cosp are trained to shoot the body. Didnt you post the comparison pic of latin american cop target practice vs US?
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Yeah but seriously... why? Haven't they ever thought of changing that?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Its unlikely that they haven't. They probably can't/don't care.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:56 pm

population control
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:18 pm

Im inclined to believe that. Homicides by police arent even tracked accurately. Plus they miss vital information like the ethnicity of the victim.

Snip wrote:The statistic might seem solid at first glance. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Bureau of Justice Statistics — independently of the FBI — also estimate the number of police homicides per year at around 400.

But these estimates can be wrong. Efforts to keep track of “justifiable police homicides” are beset by systemic problems. “Nobody that knows anything about the SHR puts credence in the numbers that they call ‘justifiable homicides,’” when used as a proxy for police killings, said David Klinger, an associate professor of criminology and criminal justice at the University of Missouri who specializes in policing and the use of deadly force. And there’s no governmental effort at all to record the number of unjustifiable homicides by police. If a homicide is found to be unjustifiable, it won’t show up in this statistic
    Moreover

Snip wrote:The “400 justifiable police killings” figure comes from these SHR forms. This is a problem, for four main reasons:

1. Fewer local police agencies report SHR data than report standard UCR data.

2. “Felon killed by police” refers narrowly to justifiable police homicides, and “unjustifiable homicide by police” is not a classification. This means it’s difficult to combine unjustifiable police homicides — which could be listed as crimes elsewhere in the database — with “justifiable” police homicides.

3. If the legality of a police homicide is in question, it may not be reported to the FBI SHR until the investigation is resolved. If the investigation concludes in a new reporting year, the old SHR data may not be updated, regardless of whether the killing was found to be justifiable or not. Criminology professor Geoff Alpert of the University of South Carolina, an expert on police violence, said he has “never seen a department go back and audit their numbers and fix them.” (In a statement provided in response to emailed questions, the FBI confirmed that it generally does not reopen master data files to add or correct reports.)

4. Killings in federal jurisdictions, such as federal prisons or military bases, are not included in the database

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-many-americans-the-police-kill-each-year/

If you notice it looks like the killer planted a taser on the body (maybe to make it look like he was in fear for his life). The other officer doesnt look alarmed or said anything before that when the false statement was given. It really is systemic. People dont abandon their biases while at home, work or at the voting booths. The problem lies most when the systems are designed to reinforce them.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 pm

should their be a bill that removes guns from the hands of officers or provide stricter penalties ?
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Or just retrain the entire force.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:11 pm

even thou, cops are too trigger happy. they should go through thorough psychologically training, sensitivity training, and how to be a cop and not kill people training.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:57 am

I heard it takes more hours of training to become a barber than to become a cop, in the United States
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:25 pm

i doubt it. so hard to be a cop in canada...i got friends who have done programs in schools, work as security guards and do other related work to qualify....training must be extensive
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Dashcam video released today. Its really fucked up, you can even hear Everlasts "what its like" playing in the background. How ironic it turned out like that.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:02 pm

watching daredevil now. new netflix series.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:15 pm

Bet you it sucks just like marco polo.
    ---
    Oh cool RT booked Elizabeth warren again
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Well said fareed.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:30 am

Yes... Well said Fareed, let's keep going down the path we have been going for the last couple of decades and hope something decides to change with this clearly successful approach apologists love to champion.

If we can’t even be honest about what Muslims believe, nothing will change. Zakaria wasn’t Afflecking here. He wasn’t being a Muslim apologist and suggesting Islam didn’t have any problems. Hell, he freely admitted there was a “cancer” within Islam. And his point about tactics is a fair one. But even he couldn’t bring himself to admit what large numbers of Muslims have already said they believe regarding the penalties for things like blasphemy, apostasy, and mockery… and that’s a huge problem. It’s not just the “extremists” who think people should be severely punished for insulting the faith. It’s not just people living in theocracies, either.

Zakaria mentioned Indonesia an example of a country filled with moderate Muslims, even though that country has plenty of problems of its own with extremism.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:57 pm

daredevil is unreal!!!
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:51 pm

lol

This was only a decade ago....Its amazing how little our discourse has evolved since then. What hacks.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:18 pm

If Maher, Harris, Dawkins's discourse was the norm, the way we had been dealing with this.... Apologists wouldn't have the need to brand them "New Atheists"....

The romantic bullshit, it's not getting us anywhere...

Last edited by Jec on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:53 am