Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+8
KEKOLD
Eri
Falcone
Jec
Link
Cyan
FullmetalHeart
Jet
12 posters

TV Discussions

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

TV Discussions - Page 20 Empty Re: TV Discussions

Post by Chakramaster Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 am

Missed it again...thank for for changing the time to such a bad timing Nick
    Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:31 am

Jec wrote:Korra's ratings continue to drop. I'm afraid it's gonna get cancelled soon.
    this is natural selection son, any American attempt to copy Japanese anime is welcome to die

I might make some people sensitive in the forums but I can't even understand people who watches adventure time and another crappy shows like that

not only is the animation super low quality, there is no art design and the plot is as deep as a puddle of mud
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:56 am

Link wrote:
    Jec wrote:Korra's ratings continue to drop. I'm afraid it's gonna get cancelled soon.
    this is natural selection son, any American attempt to copy Japanese anime is welcome to die

I might make some people sensitive in the forums but I can't even understand people who watches adventure time and another crappy shows like that

not only is the animation super low quality, there is no art design and the plot is as deep as a puddle of mud
    You've clearly never seen Avatar or The Legend of Korra.

TV Discussions - Page 20 Tumblr_muxve6JiEk1rf6ktko2_500

TV Discussions - Page 20 Tumblr_miponyFBQU1rrozrdo1_500

^low quality shit right there... Just because it's asian inspired, it doesn't mean it's copying anime. The asian instpiration comes in the form of martial arts, architecture, music and culture. And by Asian, it's not just japan, they take a lot from Korea, China an India

The show's dying because Nickelodeon decided to air it on Friday nights... NO ONE watches tv on friday nights. The show did fine during it's first season airing on saturdays.
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:59 pm

yeah still hate it
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Link wrote:yeah still hate it
    Afraid of loving it is more like it.

You're too dogmatic. Just because it's not from Japan it must be bad...
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:39 pm

it actually is

but yeah I agree I am very dogmatic when it comes to Japanese media in general, reason 99% of my favorite games are Japanese

only game I could put in a top 20/40 favorite games of all time that is not Japanese would probably be God of War

same with Animated series, I'd say the last animated American series I enjoyed thoroughly was bugs bunny and you know in the Warner Hour we would only get random episodes, I wonder if you get any in Cartoon network anymore

so yeah American animation is dead to me
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Racist.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Most American action cartoons are actually made by Japanese or South Korean animation studios, just like Japanese anime. Boondocks, Avatar, Samurai Jack, so on. It's all the same people making them, you're just being racist and hateful.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:43 pm

I really liked the first series back in the day. Wish it went back to being more martial arts focused instead o f fire punch, water kick. Im at last weeks 1 hr episode of korra
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Jet wrote:I really liked the first series back in the day. Wish it went back to being more martial arts focused instead o f fire punch, water kick. Im at last weeks 1 hr episode of korra
    What are you waiting for?!
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:00 pm

It doesnt replay on tv =/
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Lone wrote:Most American action cartoons are actually made by Japanese or South Korean animation studios, just like Japanese anime. Boondocks, Avatar, Samurai Jack, so on. It's all the same people making them, you're just being racist and hateful.
    I am a hater?

yeah maybe

but I don't hate American people at all, I actually love people who invented Whoopers Dunkin Donuts KFC and Subway

I just think American TV people should stay away from shonen like type of animated cartoons

that's like having a Russian guy open a Chinese food restaurant, I'd totally pass on that restaurant

independent of which country are the animators for avatar and korra from I pass on both series because in my opinion any modern Japanese anime, even the lolli, ecchi or hentai, you name it, has better animation and characterization
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 pm

You wont find me defending korras character development but thats a bit of a stretch link
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:49 pm

So regardless of if the shows are animated by the same people, the Japanese written shows have better animation automatically? How do you even know about the depth of the character development of shows you never watch?

So Americans are only good at creating shitty unhealthy food, and they shouldn't be involved in art? That's nice Link.

You just seem extremely biased, your argument doesn't even make any sense. I could sort of understand criticizing America's comedy cartoons for having bad animation since they do, but that's just cause they don't focus on or need good animation. Criticizing comedies (like South Park or Adventure Time) for not having fluid action and animation is like criticizing Japanese anime for not being funny enough (which it isn't funny).
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:13 pm

I never mentioned South park because south park is not trying to be a non American cartoon, quite the opposite, south park is good because it acknowledges its own nature, in there you find all the satire and self criticism that has defined the freedom of American media, you don't see me criticizing the Simpsons or Futurama for the same reason, they use all the faults of modern society and make you laugh at them

are all anime good just because they are made in Japan?

no, not really, but if I had to choose between a shonen like American cartoon and a shonen Anime it goes without saying Japanese are better at their own game and because of that reason I can't see myself watching an American show that is trying so hard to be Asian any entertaining

I think no matter how talented someone is if that person is a wannabe it stays a wannabe forever

so basically what I'm saying is American shows are good at comedy, and old school American cartoons made use of that strength they had on that regard, and then this people comes out and say, hey let's try to make something like anime using references from Asia, I mean is there even a demand for Korra or Avatar outside of America?

if you had to choose between a German car from a company like Mercedes or BMW or an Indian made brand would you chose the Indian brand?

I know I wouldn't because Germans have been dominating the Car business with almost unmatched quality and know what are they doing, India is just playing catch up

so would I see Korra or Avatar instead of re-watching Samurai X or DBZ or Trigun or FMA or even Ranma 1/2?

Hell no
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Was an episode of korra last night? cant seem to find it
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Link wrote:shonen like American cartoon
    That's the thing Link, Avatar and Korra are not Shonen like. You are criticizing something you clearly know nothing about.

It's not a wannabe, you assume it wants to be an anime because it uses eastern influences, but you ignore that fact that the asian influences only go as far as creating the world and context of the series.

It's like if a western film includes sushi in some scene it's not trying to copy Japanese cinema.

Link wrote:I mean is there even a demand for Korra or Avatar outside of America?
    Yes, yes there is. Avatar has one big ass fandom, I know it's big down here in Colombia.

The legend of Korra only exists because people demanded it.

Last edited by Jec on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:23 pm

KEKOLD wrote:Was an episode of korra last night? cant seem to find it
    No episode last night. We got an hour special last week so they're on break.

On the bright side, the search part 3 comes out next week.
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:25 pm

oh yeah as on the Art statement, I never said Americans can't make art

my favorite 2 bands are Nirvana and Metallica, both American, which means that Music as an Art is covered

Movies is supposed to be the 7th Art and again all my favorite movies are American, I don't even think I watch films that are not American let me see

Top Ten Films at the Moment

A Clockwork Orange
    Pulp Fiction
    The Matrix
    Inception
    The Prestige
    Batman Trilogy
    Boondock Saints
    Ocean's Trilogy
    The Fight Club
    The Lion King

so yeah I think I like American forms of Art
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Jec wrote:
    Link wrote:shonen like American cartoon
    That's the thing Link, Avatar and Korra are not Shonen like. You are criticizing something you clearly know nothing about.

It's not a wannabe, you assume it wants to be an anime because it uses eastern influences, but you ignore that fact that the asian influences only go as far as creating the world and context of the series.

It's like if a western film includes sushi in some scene it's not trying to copy Japanese cinema.

Link wrote:I mean is there even a demand for Korra or Avatar outside of America?
    Yes, yes there is. Avatar has one big ass fandom, I know it's big down here in Colombia.

The legend of Korra only exists because people demanded it.
    I do accept the fact that maybe I am overreacting and taking the show out of context but when I see shows like that I get the vibe they are trying too hard, again this is just my way to see it

and when I said America I meant the whole continent, not just north America, I mean Latin America is heavily influenced by north American trends, specially because 70% or more of the entertainment we get through any kind of media comes from north America I even wonder if in Latin America people knew about the English Top Gear show before the American arrived

Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Link wrote:I do accept the fact that maybe I am overreacting and taking the show out of context but when I see shows like that I get the vibe they are trying too hard, again this is just my way to see it

and when I said America I meant the whole continent, not just north America, I mean Latin America is heavily influenced by north American trends, specially because 70% or more of the entertainment we get through any kind of media comes from north America I even wonder if in Latin America people knew about the English Top Gear show before the American arrived

Of course people know about English Top Gear... In fact, that's the one they show here considering the American version sucks mayor ass.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Jet wrote:It doesnt replay on tv =/
    Can't you watch it on your tablet? I thought all american homes had tivo by now...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:40 pm

I prefer tv >.>

Itll likely be up on demand this week so ill catch it before next weeks episode I reckon
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Jet wrote:I prefer tv >.>

Itll likely be up on demand this week so ill catch it before next weeks episode I reckon
    You're missing out on the best two episodes of the whole season... so far.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Well alrighty then im looking forward to watching them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:36 pm