Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+8
KEKOLD
Eri
Falcone
Jec
Link
Cyan
FullmetalHeart
Jet
12 posters

TV Discussions

KEKOLD
    KEKOLD
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

TV Discussions - Page 21 Empty Re: TV Discussions

Post by KEKOLD Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Jec wrote:
    KEKOLD wrote:Was an episode of korra last night? cant seem to find it
    No episode last night. We got an hour special last week so they're on break.

On the bright side, the search part 3 comes out next week.
    Thats what i figured, but still they shouldn't have a break. (why are you lazy murica!)

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Yeah theyll have a year or how many months to take another break after what3 or 4 more episodes?
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:31 pm

here guys, I do it just for you

http://www.animeflavor.com/node/33940
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Jet if your able, part 1 is on demand right now...but both parts are on Nick's site right now. I had to catch up on them both there =/
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Yeah I saw part 1 on the OD service earlier this week. Ill likely catch it tom8rrow or by monday
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Link you said
    Link wrote:this is natural selection son, any American attempt to copy Japanese anime is welcome to die

I might make some people sensitive in the forums but I can't even understand people who watches adventure time and another crappy shows like that

not only is the animation super low quality, there is no art design and the plot is as deep as a puddle of mud
    In no way is Adventure Time copying any anime. It's a silly random comedy cartoon. What you're saying there is the same as comparing anime to South Park and Futurama, hell they even share some of the same people working on it as Futurama. You've obviously never seen Adventure Time for you to make that ridiculous comparison.

Link if you actually watched Avatar you'd probably like it. Of course you refuse to watch it, so you just choose to be ignorant on the matter and criticize it solely for being an "American anime".

Also comparing cartoons to cars doesn't make any sense. Why would you even make that comparison? Cause both words have "car" in them? I'm not telling you to buy American cars or German cars or whatever you're trying to say. Watching 20-30 mins of a show doesn't compare to spending tens of thousands of dollars on a car, I don't see what you're trying to say with that analogy.

You're going pretty far out of your way to justify your baseless hatred.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Hmmmmm... I guess that car analogy might work if you make $10,000 every 30 minutes. If that's the case then yea link, fuck that stupid cartoon watching shit TV Discussions - Page 21 3123577452
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:03 pm

hahahaha

Ok, only reason I mentioned adventure time was because of the lack of a plot not because it shares any resemblance to anime, I mean it is entertaining to watch for people who follows it

but yeah, you're right I should be more tolerant in regards to what people prefers to do with their time

the car analogy was just to drive the point that besides the difference of nationality there are people who are better at something that even if new comers try to imitate is hard to believe they can be near to catch up with the professionals on the matter

I'll be honest, I respect your opinions and I like to think we live in a world in which everyone is deserving of some freedom if even the freedom to choose how to spend their free time that is better than no freedom at all but if I am free to also express what I think I keep thinking Japan has given us stories of a superior quality than any other country that has made animated series, yes every country has the right to make any kind of media they see fit, but if I get to choose how I spend the time that I'll be walking this planet I think I rather spend it watching quality shows

if I have to choose between anime or cartoons I'll go with anime, just like a chose Breaking Bad a while back instead of prison break, or House MD instead of gray's anatomy

so yeah, maybe you're correct, and maybe I'm missing out on a great experience, and maybe I'd regret not watching any of the aforementioned cartoons but the time I am given to spend I rather watch Series that I personally find fulfilling and from which I can learn something about

even if the only thing I get to learn from a 100 episode long anime series is a Japanese word, I'm already learning a new thing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:23 pm

I can agree that Japan is generally better with anime for the most part, they have the highest quantity and tons of quality. Brilliant stories too. I just don't think they're the only ones in the world capable of making great animation & storylines & characters. There's so many great anime out there that you don't need to watch other forms of media if you don't want to, but personally I like getting exposed to many different kinds of stories and forms of entertainment & I don't like seeing people hate on things without giving them a shot.

I remember when I was in 4th grade I hated Ed Edd & Eddy just cause the animation was soooo bad, but once I actually watched a few episodes I actually liked it and thought it was funny. It's hard to get an accurate idea of a show without giving it a chance and watching it a few times.

Hell I would of never liked DBZ if I only watched one episode. The first episode I saw was some stupid filler episode with Krillin and that blue haired bimbo Marin. If I judged the whole series on that one episode I would of never got into DBZ and it never would of become one of my favorite series of all time. Hell if I didn't get into DBZ I might not of gotten into anime and into Naruto and I might of never joined NF and met all you great dudes. You never know where life might take you if you just go along for the ride Surprised
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Ed Edd and Eddy was great, I loved that show

and yeah I agree, same point you are making is what had me give one piece a chance and now I'm almost caught up I'm missing 35 episodes or so before I catch up completely and I have thoroughly enjoyed the series

I wouldn't know if it was that good in regards to character development if I hadn't given it a chance

I totally agree with you exposition to different things can totally make you a more open minded individual which in the long run makes you a richer person

I might watch one episode then, not today but maybe tomorrow, just to reach an objective point of view on the matter ^^

you're also a great friend, I think we all here are a very close group of people and I really enjoy sharing my thoughts with all of you too Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks dude, I'm glad I met you TV Discussions - Page 21 4187426645
    Link

Post by Link Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:12 pm

same here bro
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Now kiss
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:04 am

Lol Jec just watching in the corner. "ohhh yeah, now kiss. Mmmmmhmmm TV Discussions - Page 21 2803512470"

damn perv TV Discussions - Page 21 864839160 
    Link

Post by Link Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:32 am

so jelly you know...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:02 am

Some recognizable names on the upcoming ep of real time with bill maher including the ever delusional anne coulter
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:54 pm

Saw beginnings part 1. I really enjoyed that episode, it was also really cool how the art style even reflected the old age. I think I prefer the older avatar world better
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:11 am

Yeah, I'd rather watch a show based on Wan or other earlier avatars than on Korra.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 am

Thats exactly what I was thinking, maybe a prequel based on the avatar that lost his love by Kohs hand....er...claw? Lol. Or a new one would be good too.

One of my biggest criticism is that Korra doesnt learn she still acts the same way despite learning airbeding and being instructed in the air nomad philosophy.  Aang was 12? And he had substantial character development even in the first season. I think the lack of "filler" episodes is actually a point against a series in this case. I put it in quotes because even the side adventures in the original series that didnt directly advance the story directly were great. I didnt mind it then because they indistinguishable in quality.

I find most of the current characters dull as well. Im expecting some good stuff after watching the first part of beginnings though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 am

Yeah character development in Korra is very lacking, especially compared to the excellence that is Last Airbender.

Seems like those memories might change Korra a bit though, hopefully she's a bit more enlightened now.

I think a show that's just short stories or individual episodes based around specific avatars would be amazing. There's so many great stories they could do and adventures they could have with such a depth of lore and characters and cultures.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:27 am

Lol I havent watched the second part yet but I bet its gonna go back to the "I love you Mako for some reason" "Me too Korra maybe yes"

Yes I would like that a lot actually. Back to the traveling aspect of the series when the world was actually explored, a big part of TLA. I hope book 3 is the closer for this avatar cycle just like the former. New characters new locations new perspectives
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Just saw beginnings part 2. Easily the best two episodes of korra so far
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:57 pm

For sure.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 am

I wonder if there were any anti heroic avatars
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:45 am

Who's the real worst Avatar?

It's probably Korra.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:31 pm