Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+6
KEKOLD
Jet
Eri
Chakramaster
Jec
Cyan
10 posters

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 3 Empty Re: NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by Jet Sun May 05, 2013 1:13 pm

I love that yoplait strawberry yogurt. I usually freeze it
    Cyan
    Cyan
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 3 Empty Re: NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by Cyan Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Jet wrote:I love that yoplait strawberry yogurt. I usually freeze it

and thats all any of us will ever get out of jet when it comes to fitness......

....what a fatty
    Iri
    Iri
    Academy Ninja: Apprentice

Post by Iri Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:04 am

^ LOL

I don't think very many people would want to participate in this thread when you're calling them jokers and fatties and shit, Cyan. At least Lone contributes knowledge to the thread....even though supplements aren't usually my thing.

Sometimes after a workout I'll drink some Visalus. It's probably the best protein supplement I've ever had experience with. I find that two and a half scoops of that with maybe a bagel with peanut butter....and a banana has me feeling pretty great afterwards.

I also recently lost like 15 lbs....tried out this ADHD medication called Vyvanse and it totally destroyed my appetite for like a week straight. It was difficult to eat at times....although it seems I've found my niche with the medication (50-60 mg every morning or every other morning) and all negative symptoms have pretty much ceased. Still taking like a two week break from it though. I actually want to get a regular prescription but the insomnia side effect was still bothering me when I was taking them.
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:08 am

Cyan wrote:yeah thats right just lift to be strong and youll look good without looking like you work out to look good and not all big

I've known weightlifters that aren't worth shit in a fight.

I'm not big into bragging...but I was a gym rat in the Army for a good amount of time. Except I didn't usually lift weights....I hit the mats and grappled, worked on boxing and tae kwon do....and a variety of other fighting disciplines. At my peak, I was confident I could have dropped most of the weight junkies in the gym at the post I was stationed at. And that's not even taking into consideration what would have happened if I took them to the ground. Hell...I was fighting even before I joined the Army.

Fitness is a complicated thing. It's not as simple as some people make it out to be. Toughness and mental discipline factor in as well....in fact I'd say the mental aspect is the most important part. I'm just saying that you can't look at someone and their workout routine and gauge their fitness all that well. I knew two people that never hit the gym or fought and they came in and wiped the floor with my ass. That's just my take on fitness though....take it or leave it.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:24 am

Cyan wrote:
    Jet wrote:I love that yoplait strawberry yogurt. I usually freeze it

and thats all any of us will ever get out of jet when it comes to fitness......

....what a fatty
    you don't offer anything of substance yourself. When I was in weightlifting class there wasn't much to it. Run 2 miles every 2 days, mix up your workouts to not overtax your muscles and keep active.

If you're serious about your health you shouldn't be eating what you were eating in between game sessions.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:39 am

Yeah Dx, cereal sandwiches aren't good for you.

Iri wrote:I've known weightlifters that aren't worth shit in a fight.
    Yeah, that pisses me off about bodybuilders. They act like they're hot shit, but they're really just big slabs of wasted potential. It's sad really.

I've been doing lots of yoga lately. My flexibility, strength, breathing, balance and posture have all improved. Also have been doing deadlifts, squats, clean & press, cardio, been going for walks in the rain, pullups, pushups and crunches. A lot of days I'll just do yoga though, I get sweaty & feel a good burn from that alone.

Yoga seems like the best base to build off of for exercise. You need to stretch before a workout anyway, why not do the best possible stretches you can? I'm glad I took Joe Rogan's advice and started doing it.

I'd like to learn some martial arts too, will be a bit before I can afford to tho.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:37 pm

lol yall jelly of my cereal sandwiches

Lone wrote:
    Iri wrote:I've known weightlifters that aren't worth shit in a fight.
    Yeah, that pisses me off about bodybuilders. They act like they're hot shit, but they're really just big slabs of wasted potential. It's sad really.

I've been doing lots of yoga lately. My flexibility, strength, breathing, balance and posture have all improved. Also have been doing deadlifts, squats, clean & press, cardio, been going for walks in the rain, pullups, pushups and crunches. A lot of days I'll just do yoga though, I get sweaty & feel a good burn from that alone.

Yoga seems like the best base to build off of for exercise. You need to stretch before a workout anyway, why not do the best possible stretches you can? I'm glad I took Joe Rogan's advice and started doing it.

I'd like to learn some martial arts too, will be a bit before I can afford to tho.

yeah i know some peeps that lift alot of weight but thats it so they still have fat on em and are just big. easily get their ass kicked if someone fought them

i do some streches but idunno any of those yoga stuff so i dont do that Sad

taking a MA class is good in that it helps you to defend yourself and in that it also provides a good workout
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:51 pm

There's thousands of yoga videos on youtube and other websites, I use the youtube app on my tablet to watch them so I'm not limited to looking in a certain place.

This is great for starting out. It will help make the other vids more doable.

These are great for establishing strength.

This is amazing for improving your balance. I really wanted to build my balance since I had really poor balance, I could hardly even ride a bike the last time I tried. I've also been trying to walk on this tree that's knocked over in my backyard. Before doing this yoga I was hardly able to walk on the base of the tree, let alone it's branch. Now I can walk on the branch no problem.

These are just a few of the best I've found so far that have made a noticeable difference, like I said there's thousands of vids out there. It takes very little effort to find what's good for you and helps you improve yourself.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:08 pm

yoga ehh? i guess ill do a little of that

i mainly wana start going swimming. since it works out everything and its summer so its gonna be super hot
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Cool, I think swimming is amazing for you.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:52 pm

siyans up in dis beach
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Ah! After a year and a half I'm finally back in the Gym!

Hopefully I'll be back in shape and JJ can fap at my myspace photos again!
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 pm

what are you plans for getting in shape?
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Work out like before?

I used to be in shape. Damn university made me quit exercise though...
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:54 pm

how did you used to work out
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 pm

My workout routine? 30 mins cardio and an hour and a half of weightlifting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:08 am

i got nothing to get apps on :I
    welp im starting to look good. i got 2 pack. its not a 6 pack more of a line down my stomach. got some neck muscle and im able to lift heavier things(my laundry) with much more ease so i can notice improved strength
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:34 am

lol neck muscle prob talking bout dem traps doe..

OH SHIITTTTTTTTTT cyan u pick up some pretty ladies and u work out harder now eh shietttttttt
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:54 am

Almost a month since I got back into the Gym and I'm glad to say I'm quickly regaining my strength. Biceps coming along nicely, although I got this disgusting pot belly. Gotta work more on my abs.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:02 pm

and drink less beer :O

i havent been to the gym since i got back almost 3 weeks ago.
    Cyan
    Cyan

Post by Cyan Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 am

@eri yeah mah traps. well back to the gym eri

@jec what do you do for your abs? do you have a diet of what you eat?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 pm

I've been looking into Yogic breathing methods recently.

You know that video I posted with Rickson Gracie doing yoga? Well the breathing method he uses allows him to have nearly infinite stamina. He's of course human so he would still need to eat, sleep and drink eventually but he never has to stop and take a breather.

Imagine running til you're out of breath. Now imagine never running out of breath, never having to take a breather. This level of mastery through training in yoga is thanks to it enabling you to have complete control over your lungs, diaphragm, abs, throat, air passages, intake, and outtake of air.

Also through mastery of your breathing and via a certain breathing method you can force your body to produce DMT and trip on it. So there's mental and physical benefits to mastering your breath. With enough control over your body you can do many amazing things, you have to work for it though.

You would basically need to be a yoga master before you can reach Rickson Gracie's level of course. All you need is time, discipline and effort though. Proper diet is important too, but not as important as actually applying yourself. You can eat as many veggies as you want, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if you're just gonna sit there on your ass.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Eri wrote:and drink less beer :O

i havent been to the gym since i got back almost 3 weeks ago.

Actually I rarely drink anymore. I have been eating like crazy though...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:49 am