Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+6
KEKOLD
Jet
Eri
Chakramaster
Jec
Cyan
10 posters

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 11 Empty Re: NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by Jec Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Eri wrote:vegan***

in my culture and religion instead of giving up anything for lent for 40 days we dont eat anything animal or its products for 50 days. for the first time im giving it a try.

What religion is that?
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition] - Page 11 Empty Re: NF Fitness Thread #1 [Do You Even Lift? Edition]

Post by Eri Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:17 pm

yea im doing that more and more now jet.

Christian Orthodox jec. Although i dont know if many orthodox people do this kind of fast. I believe its more of a cultural thing.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:08 pm

This is what d and I are doing. 3 sets of :

Arm day
    Tricep dips
    Dumbell row
    Tricep extension
    Dumbell curl
    [5th Exercise is custom]
    (Reps not determined yet)
    ---
    Abs day
    Flutter kicks
    Mt. Climbers
    Bicycle kicks
    Side planks
    [5th exercise is custom]
    (30 seconds per exercise)
    ---
    Leg day
    Squat
    Pulldown
    Bridges
    Wall sits
    [5th exercise is custom]
    (30 seconds per exercise)

The goal is to concentrate tension on one particular area and focus on the routine with as little break as possible. Gonna start it myself on saturday
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Beginning with arm day
    Falcone
    Falcone

Post by Falcone Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 pm

look at places like bodybuilding.com they usually have really good stuff and whatever question you have you will more than likely find an answer to it. if youre looking to bulk up, try looking into things like super sets and all that. if you want to get lean, i hear calisthenics is really good but is tough. check out that site though, it's very good
    Falcone
    Falcone

Post by Falcone Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:41 pm

also, if you have instagram, look up this guy's profile. it's called morellifit. he has a lot of good workout that help you shred body fat and get lean. he has this program called hitmax and i hear it has a lot of good reviews and i think they have a free 30 day trial with a meal plan as well. also on instagram, there's a page called fithealthyrecipes and they post meals with a step by step guide to help you make it. another piece of advice, which is just my personal opinion, stay away from pre workouts and protein shakes and all those supplements. other people will have a different opinion but i find that if you have the right diet, you'll have enough energy to get you through a workout and enough protein to repair the torn tissues. that's only my personal opinion, it's not really a fact stating whether they're bad for you or not. they can be unless you can control your intake. your intake depends on your body size, of course
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:39 am

Falcone wrote:look at places like bodybuilding.com they usually have really good stuff and whatever question you have you will more than likely find an answer to it. if youre looking to bulk up, try looking into things like super sets and all that. if you want to get lean, i hear calisthenics is really good but is tough. check out that site though, it's very good
    oh shit just saw your post now. Yeah im checking that out looking at their workout routines and seeing what I can add....also looking at nutritional meals

Falcone wrote:also, if you have instagram, look up this guy's profile. it's called morellifit. he has a lot of good workout that help you shred body fat and get lean. he has this program called hitmax and i hear it has a lot of good reviews and i think they have a free 30 day trial with a meal plan as well. also on instagram, there's a page called fithealthyrecipes and they post meals with a step by step guide to help you make it. another piece of advice, which is just my personal opinion, stay away from pre workouts and protein shakes and all those supplements. other people will have a different opinion but i find that if you have the right diet, you'll have enough energy to get you through a workout and enough protein to repair the torn tissues. that's only my personal opinion, it's not really a fact stating whether they're bad for you or not. they can be unless you can control your intake. your intake depends on your body size, of course
    yeah I dont like taking supplements/pills when I can avoid it. I also heard that protein shakes you need to be consistent with it or itll turn to fat. Hm thanks for the tip step by step directions for food is what I need. Im gonna start listing here foods ive read are healthy/I should be buying so I can look it up as reference later on as well.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:24 pm

i was gonna say dont listen to him jet hes wrong....but i absolutely agree with not using supplements.
    that shit be processed and theirs most likely shit in their that they aint tellin u bout and it can be costly. it ur greens and nuts a lot cheaper and its a double win cuz its food...that is part of ur meal plan.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Lifting 200 pounds (90 KG) leg extension. That's what I get for not skipping leg day Very Happy
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:13 pm

thats pretty good. start playing soccer and replace ur boy falcoa for man united.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:20 pm

Meh... I got strong legs from my tkd years
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:29 pm

give jet some advice he has weak legs. he always looking for leg work outs
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:35 pm

Persistence. Legs are stubborn but it pays off.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:57 pm

squats and lunges are the best i find. calf raises are amazing with and without weights.

something id like to share is stretching and that we should talk about is stretching.

muscles that i never thought about stretching that feel awesome when you do are:

your side torsos duno the name for it.

and your outer thighs

it was like a dream. like finding out that ur body can stretch like that.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:32 pm

I HATE lunges. Hate em bruh. Mostly the having to restart back to starting position. That said I also do lateral lunges which I find better.

Arent calf raises just stretches? You rock leeing them Leeri?
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:42 am

naw calf raises is a work out
    Falcone
    Falcone

Post by Falcone Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:54 pm

for legs, i try to avoid machines. if youre really desperate and you dont want to wait around for the squat rack to open up, then sure, using a leg press would do just fine for a week. but i dont like using machines because when you use the free weights, youre trying to keep balance as well which works your abs. one workout thats perfect for legs and your balance is the single leg romanian deadlift. look up videos for that. its good for your hamstring. deadlifts in general work your legs actually. when doing squats, try to mix it up with a front barbell squat and a regular squat that way you work different aspects of your legs.
    Falcone
    Falcone

Post by Falcone Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Eri wrote:i was gonna say dont listen to him jet hes wrong....but i absolutely agree with not using supplements.
    that shit be processed and theirs most likely shit in their that they aint tellin u bout and it can be costly. it ur greens and nuts a lot cheaper and its a double win cuz its food...that is part of ur meal plan.
    not only that, but like jet said, you need to stay consistent and watch how much you take. why go through the headache, just eat properly and youll be fine. if anything i think protein shakes are the best of them, (again thats just an opinion, it might not be accurate) because the pre workouts have a lot of caffeine in them. i find it hard sleeping when i have one coffee a day, so i could only imagine a pre workout lol
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:18 pm

What do you eat pre workout? I usually do a little extra exercising after my regular routine but today I felt really sluggish. Not so sure oatmeal is doing it for me
    Falcone
    Falcone

Post by Falcone Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:51 pm

my sisters boyfriend told me that apples and oatmeal is a good source of energy. because the oatmeal will hold the apple and when you need the energy, your body will start using the energy from the apple that the oatmeal is holding. i did this with peanut butter and it worked pretty good, but you dont get much energy for a workout from peanut butter lol
    Falcone
    Falcone

Post by Falcone Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:53 pm

if what my sisters boyfriend says is true, then i would have any kind of fruit or food that is a high source of energy with oatmeal. you dont want to have too much oatmeal though or else youll feel sick. i would limit it to two pouches, or if you dont use pouches, then just half a bowl of the oats dried at the most
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:53 pm

LOL did I mention I ate apple and oatmeal here or was it somewhere else? I had that this morning
    Falcone
    Falcone

Post by Falcone Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:55 pm

LOL im not sure, i probably didnt read far back enough Razz
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:27 pm

dont listen to him jet . that guy is a whore.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:59 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:02 am