Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+7
Eri
Chakramaster
Jec
jkrulz777
Cyan
Jet
Sai
11 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition]

Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 19 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition]

Post by Sai Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:26 pm

"Hey"
    -Jet
    March 9th, 2014

A momentous day on steam.
    Anonymous

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition] - Page 19 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #15 [Tokubobogatari Edition]

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:46 pm

Sai wrote:"Hey"
    -Jet
    March 9th, 2014

A momentous day on steam.
    hahaha 4 more years

Last edited by Jet on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Jec Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:52 pm

eeeeesh.... the conservatives are winning the legislative elections down here....
    Link

Post by Link Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:17 pm

so I was watching this OP again

and I realized how epic it was back on the day the first episode of shippuden was uploaded to the internet and then the expectation was over, it was so good, then you see the actual opening forecasting all of the akatsuki on the background, gaara dying and coming back to life, even sasuke awakening as an evil entity, so much could be told from the one minute and a half opening it was unbelievable

again, I think kishimoto really wanted to make shippuden as good if not better than the first season but half way there, right after the fight between naruto and orochimaru is like he had to take a different direction with everything, the atmosphere changed, the tone of the characters too, when secrets were revealed it wasn't as exciting anymore

I'd like to think so because is kinda sad how the original naruto was a lot better, and dark, there were some pretty crazy jutsu and even summoning jutsu required the spilling of blood which I don't remember seeing on shippuden

does anybody remember the first time kakashi summons his ninja dogs how he uses an actual scroll on which he draws a line of blood from his finger?

then we went from that to just biting they thumb and doing it but still made any sense, in the end they made a Contract with the summoned entity

and that is just the tip of the iceberg

on another occasion kakashi is explaining the natures and different types of chakra available in the ninja world, then he said something like :"there are also darkness and light chakra natures, but that will be explained to you later after you learn how to use your basic nature"

but then we never, absolutely never got an explanation on that, yet the only ninja capable of using light and darkness chakra nature because of his shade manipulation jutsu but since light and darkness are more my kind of thing I really wanted to know more

another thing is, does anyone remember those episode in which sasuke went to the house of a Cat sage?

the thing is after he leaves orochimaru he went there and addressed the sage, so I thought he had made a contract with the cat sage therefore he could summon some cat entity, then he made his renegade group called hebi which means snake and started using his contract with Manda

after he had his seal removed by itachi and the part of orochimaru he had inside and awoke the EMS he named his group Taka which means hawk and then he summons a hawk and flies on top of it, and that's it, since then he only spams susanoo over and over again

so it really makes me wonder if kishimoto was actually held back by either the animation studio, or his managers or his supervisors at shonen jump to change or cut all of these details from both he manga and anime to keep it more concise but I'd rather have it as complex as it was meant to be

maybe that is why it seems so watered down nowadays

or maybe I'm just too paranoid
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:31 pm

tl;dr
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:39 pm

I preferred the original series sure but I can understand why the quality has dropped down and what followed was the super sayian effect.  Its what typically happens to shounen battle manga so I dont focus too harshly on that. After the 200th chapter/200th episode or so youd expect some quality inconsistency. Im definitely missing the strategy of the first half though. That being said the world of naruto has a lot of interesting concepts: jutsu, squads, kekkei genkai, villages, ranks, tools, chakra, clans that other battle manga dont bother with, or to the same extent. The soul eater anime for instance doesnt delve too deep with those details. But it should, to give their world actual significance. Like the reaper attack Makka uses, it just changes colors and gets bigger in my eyes as opposed to the rasengan naruto uses. The latter gets episodes worth of focus during which the concepts of the spiral are explained during training, and their effects on the enemys cells stopping regeneration. As does the nature of chakra, which is required to use those attacks.

You can fault Naruto(and other long running series) for the tropes of the genre, or underdeveloped characters sure. Thats one of the biggest mistakes I think Kishimoto made since he had a great cast of potential with the rookie 12 and didnt focus on them as well as he should have. They all had distinct personalities they just needed molding...damn thats disappointing just thinking about it. Aside from a few people the rest became fodder despite abilities like shinos bugs or kibas clans beasts. But to criticize the depth of the story given the genre(its shounen after all im not sure why people would expect anything deeper than boy saves world) and the context(in 2011 it was stated explicitly that the war was beginning and its been battle after battle since) doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

There are legitimate criticisms and then there are people watching MTV and expecting HBO. Not to say that Naruto doesnt play well to its strengths or to put mtv on the pedestal of Shounen haha. Still, the strongest part of Naruto is the world its built in my opinion. It holds the same concepts I used to build the Academy games and I think thats an aspect largely unnoticed and underappreciated.
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Jet wrote:Fucking hate ppv fights. I gotta wait a week later til its on showtime.
    ---

I downloaded scryed alteration off nyaa....its the only file and japanese and....no subtitles X_X

The fight was good, I won't spoil it for you but you should enjoy it.

Did you hear about Pacman v Bradley 2? Shit is going down April 12th, can't wait for that bout.

Mayweather vs Maidona is set for May 3rd. I REALLY wanted to see Maidona vs Broner 2 instead. Though i'd take Khan vs Broner as a consolation.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:22 pm

My stepdad already spoiled it even though I told him not to. Ill still watch though. Yeah I heard bout pacs next fight idk what the hell the judges were smoking to give bradley the first win. That was some crooked ass shit it wasnt even close.
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Jet wrote:My stepdad already spoiled it even though I told him not to. Ill still watch though. Yeah I heard bout pacs next fight idk what the hell the judges were smoking to give bradley the first win. That was some crooked ass shit it wasnt even close.

Yeah, I want Pacman to drop Bradley but I don't think that's going to happen. I think Manuel-Marquez put the fear of god into Manny when he knocked em out. Pacman looked timid at times against Rios in his last fight. But we'll see.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah the old manny would have just steamrolled rios. After bradley-provodkinov manny probably isnt gonna try that. Bradley couldnt speak right for months after that and he still kept fighting
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:51 pm

i remember watching the end of that fight Bradley vs pacman and ive never seen anyone win the belt and feel ashamed after hearing the crowd. and ive seen alot of fucked up ufc calls from the judges.
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:21 am

Jet wrote:Yeah the old manny would have just steamrolled rios. After bradley-provodkinov manny probably isnt gonna try that. Bradley couldnt speak right for months after that and he still kept fighting

I'll give Bradley that and he did straight out work Manuel-Marquez in his last bout. With that said, I still don't believe him to be much of a champion but if he can beat Pacman clean then I'll reconsider my stance.

Eri wrote:i remember watching the end of that fight Bradley vs pacman and ive never seen anyone win the belt and feel ashamed after hearing the crowd. and ive seen alot of fucked up ufc calls from the judges.

Seeing Bradley in the wheelchair in the post fight conference had my sides aching. That wasn't the sight of a man who won the fight. Much less the man who just became champion.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:31 am

I agree as of now he isnt a legitimate champion. Those judges should be fired.
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:53 am

Jet wrote:I agree as of now he isnt a legitimate champion. Those judges should be fired.

I believe one of the Judges from the Bradley v Pacman fight scored the Mayweather vs Canelo fight as a draw. Thank god the other judges weren't paid off blind.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:01 am

Yeah how can you still be employed after that? At least take away his disability payments
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:12 am

Jet wrote:Yeah how can you still be employed after that? At least take away his disability payments

LOL
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:29 am

The Rift: Part 1
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:52 pm

well the judges are done by a separate organization i think...thats how its done for ufc. cant get fired for following orders.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:19 pm

I signed up to twitch pretty nice. I can watch videos on my default(shitty) browser, but also got the app. I think as far as variety twitxh is more popular than justin. Though justin is being renamed twitch. Just hope the chat functions well.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:42 pm

so theres two twiches?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Last I heard justin is being renamed twitch interactive
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Lol does that mean the other twitch will be less interactive?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Yes
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Doesn't anyone else think Aang was severy irresponsible by not porking a lot of women so the amount of Airbenders were more numerous?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:59 am