Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+12
ExcessKarnage18
Iri
Goldie
FullmetalHeart
Cyan
KEKOLD
Jec
Link
Eri
Sai
Chakramaster
Jet
16 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!]

Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!] - Page 35 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!]

Post by Link Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi there
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!] - Page 35 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!]

Post by Goldie Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Chakramaster wrote:updated the update thread jet, fixed everything I mentioned up in the updates as well

Supposed to be 40exp for winning not 30.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Shitty escapist community
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Fast and Furious 6...
    It was fun, although that ridiculous runway at the end really pulled me out of the movie...
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:41 pm

I'll leave this video for Lone since he's really into science lately.

Ten unanswered scientific questions.

ShadowB
    ShadowB
    Academy Ninja: Student

Post by ShadowB Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:52 pm

OH GOD YES!!!!
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Posted the article on that in the nexus. Not confirmed it's a game but I came
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Bioware Posted a pic of the team at a local planetarium... kinda weird to post that kinda stuff... it's probably a tease for the new Mass Erect game.

EDIT: Lol, pretty much confirmed ME 4.

Taken from the blog:

"On Monday, May 27th the team at BioWare Montreal spent the afternoon gazing at the heavens at our local planetarium. The team was lucky enough see interesting exhibits including many meteorite specimens, and also gaze at the cosmos for two shows!

Was this research for the next Mass Effect game? Who can say, but it was fun and educational. Plus, the team enjoyed a much deserved afternoon off!"
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Cool hopefully it doesn't suck
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Jec wrote:I'll leave this video for Lone since he's really into science lately.

Sweet video JEC sadly I can't access the links on my phone. Will have to wait until tomorrow.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Here ya go JEC so you can have an excuse for that lotion and tissues

Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:04 pm

pft... bitch, I fapped to that two days ago...
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Damn and here I thought I was doing a public service.
    ShadowB
    ShadowB

Post by ShadowB Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 am

Still kinda lost on how this actually plays out. I mean is it a open world thing? Or am i selecting a multiplayer mode getting 12 AI helpers and then surviving 12 weeks ingame? Can i have other people join me so i dont have to use all AI?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:19 am

. I think it'll work like uc3. You join a lobby first then are in an open world. If friends leave it may end up being AI
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:39 am

Jet wrote:Shitty escapist community
    They were pretty cool when I went there, that was a few years back though.

Jec wrote:I'll leave this video for Lone since he's really into science lately.

Pretty interesting.

There's already lots of reasonable explanations for a lot of those, even if they're not 100% agreed on. Like with dreams it seems pretty obvious it has the function of helping the human brain (and the brains of many other animals) cope with it's environment and the things that happen to it.

While you sleep your body doses you with psychedelic compounds, including DMT (the most powerful psychedelic in the world, which is produced naturally by a large amount of life on the planet including various plants and animals). This is something that also occurs when we're dying, when we undergo traumatic mental or physical experiences, or when we lack outside stimuli for long periods of time (usually 30 minutes or longer without sound, touch, &/or sight can lead to this reaction from the body). So it's super obvious this is a coping mechanism, whether people choose to acknowledge that or not doesn't change the facts.

It could also easily help with categorizing knowledge and experiences as well, just like psychedelics also help people reflect on themselves and improve themselves. This idea just came to me, but this helps explain why people that come back from near death experiences change their outlook on life so much.

Jec wrote:Bioware Posted a pic of the team at a local planetarium... kinda weird to post that kinda stuff... it's probably a tease for the new Mass Erect game.

EDIT: Lol, pretty much confirmed ME 4.

Taken from the blog:

"On Monday, May 27th the team at BioWare Montreal spent the afternoon gazing at the heavens at our local planetarium. The team was lucky enough see interesting exhibits including many meteorite specimens, and also gaze at the cosmos for two shows!

Was this research for the next Mass Effect game? Who can say, but it was fun and educational. Plus, the team enjoyed a much deserved afternoon off!"
    Jet wrote:Cool hopefully it doesn't suck
    It will suck, the majority of their good writers either left or don't really have a say in things anymore.

The only way it won't suck will be if they either rehire the people they've lost, or they get new people on their team who are actually good and allowed to have more input into the creation of the game.

It's also possible this could be a different type of game than an RPG though (which then story might not matter), or it could be a Kotor game/spin-off they're working on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:58 am

Btw I've been more into history than science lately, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is amazing.

I recently got the audiobook version of The Poison King: The Life and Legend of Mithradates, which is fucking amazing. His life is incredibly interesting. He supposedly has a scar in the shape of a crown on his forehead from being struck by lightning as a baby (thas sum Harry Potter shit rite thur bro), he was born around the same time as a comet was passing by, he's descended from Alexander the Great, the earliest Persian Kings, and early Greek rulers.

His father was killed by poisoning, later his mother tried to kill him when he was 7 but he escaped. He came back at the age of 14, killed his mom (the Queen) and married his sister so he could be King and she could be Queen and so his rule could be unquestionable. After he married his sister though he found out she was plotting to poison him and take the throne for herself, so he killed her too.

This is just a small fraction of the crazy things that happened throughout his life too, I haven't even begun listening to the parts about the multiple wars he fought against Rome called the Mithridatic Wars, which went on for 40 years and included multiple different armies.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:50 pm

I forgot how frustrating Jak 2 could be
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Lone wrote:
    Pretty interesting.

There's already lots of reasonable explanations for a lot of those, even if they're not 100% agreed on. Like with dreams it seems pretty obvious it has the function of helping the human brain (and the brains of many other animals) cope with it's environment and the things that happen to it.

While you sleep your body doses you with psychedelic compounds, including DMT (the most powerful psychedelic in the world, which is produced naturally by a large amount of life on the planet including various plants and animals). This is something that also occurs when we're dying, when we undergo traumatic mental or physical experiences, or when we lack outside stimuli for long periods of time (usually 30 minutes or longer without sound, touch, &/or sight can lead to this reaction from the body). So it's super obvious this is a coping mechanism, whether people choose to acknowledge that or not doesn't change the facts.

It could also easily help with categorizing knowledge and experiences as well, just like psychedelics also help people reflect on themselves and improve themselves. This idea just came to me, but this helps explain why people that come back from near death experiences change their outlook on life so much.

Have you seen the video about recording dreams?

This literally blew my mind! The results could be beneficial to help treat nightmares and other psychological trauma. But I also see it as companies stealing your brainwaves to direct better marketing towards you.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 pm

HAHAHAHAHA

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!] - Page 35 1671f0308097fe257590d8f5bd67c027-nintendos-wii-u-strategy
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:53 am

DarkGeneral wrote:
    Chakramaster wrote:updated the update thread jet, fixed everything I mentioned up in the updates as well

Supposed to be 40exp for winning not 30.

Oh ok I'll fix that in the morning. Must've missed that
    Link

Post by Link Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:14 am

Last of us looking amazing
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:38 am

Eri should be back from africa soon, miss that kid. He's not gonna be here for e3
    Link

Post by Link Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:50 am

He had the courage to go to that forsaken place and I haven't caught up with one piece, he gonna be disappointed, no internet and no playstation must be harsh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:14 pm