Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+13
DaDominicanDude
Iri
Link
Eri
Cyan
Sai
Goldie
Chakramaster
FullmetalHeart
Jec
ShadowB
KEKOLD
Jet
17 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri]

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri] - Page 10 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri]

Post by Jet Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Awesome
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri] - Page 10 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri]

Post by Jec Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:40 pm

That's the good thing about the internet. It allows people to organize themselves and apply pressure. If only most people were more passionate on more relevant issues like war or poverty.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:54 pm

True that.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 pm

meh gameinformer. 

that humble indie bundle...i been wanting to try out bastion ever since i heard the soundtrack. such appealing price
    ShadowB
    ShadowB
    Academy Ninja: Student
    Academy Ninja: Student

Post by ShadowB Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:19 pm

Ehhh people are saying that this doesn't confirm that DRM policy is dead. I think xbox is going to gather bunch of online gamers. When they feel they have enough... the drm switch will be switch back on, then the xbox one will continue where it left off. 

Personally i couldn't care for the DRM because i will always have internet and i don't share games anymore. It may suck that i can't sell a game because some times i depend on getting new games buy selling ones i don't care, or see no replayability. But im hopeful for a place like steam to exist in the a console world.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:20 pm

What's that saying? When they came for drm I didn't speak up, when they came for used games I didn't speak up when they came after me there was nobody left to speak up.

I doubt Microsoft would be that foolish as to do that...I mean unless the 1 is the last console they are gonna make. I'm sure they'll be successful enough now that they've renounced negatives. But even with draconian measures the xbox1 would still likely sell for the same reason people defended bad policy. I would be skeptical though. It's like sessler is saying you shouldn't pre order, wait it out.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:58 am

Are big budget digital versions of games sharable on the ps3? PoP has a retail collection and it's sharable so can gta5 be bought digitally then just shared?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 am

Last of Us....here we go....
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:37 am

I'm hella proud of my fellow consumers right now. The power of the consumers voice made MS change their stupid as fuck XBone policies.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:55 am

It was most likely due to Sony. If we didn't have Sony as a second choice MS wouldn't have caved. Ah the beauty of capitalism.
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 am

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 am

Jet wrote:Are big budget digital versions of games sharable on the ps3? PoP has a retail collection and it's sharable so can gta5 be bought digitally then just shared?
    Yeah, all the plus retail games have been shareable. All full games are shareable these days.
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:51 pm

microsoft tried to screw ppl ...cant be trusted

@kekold lol i love timothy delaghetto
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Jec wrote:It was most likely due to Sony. If we didn't have Sony as a second choice MS wouldn't have caved. Ah the beauty of capitalism.

Eri wrote:microsoft tried to screw ppl ...cant be trusted

If MS is being truthful about this change, then all of this was just a marketing scheme.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Lone wrote:
    Jet wrote:Are big budget digital versions of games sharable on the ps3? PoP has a retail collection and it's sharable so can gta5 be bought digitally then just shared?
    Yeah, all the plus retail games have been shareable. All full games are shareable these days.
    that's weird....people are acting like the share feature is new when ps3 has had it for years. It used to be share with 5 ppl too. You didn't even have to be family either. And you can play the shared game at the same time. If some games like AAA weren't sharable then I could see ppl forgetting the feature, but gameinformer and gameradar journalists don't even point this out.

Specially disconcerting when they talk about the future of gaming and don't even know about the present.

Last edited by Jet on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:02 pm

@Jec

No doubt Sony going non restrictive helped (along with pre order numbers) but MS were getting a ton of bad press. CNN, newspapers, Gamestop handing out fliers explaining the online/drm restrictions. I don't think consumers would have flocked to the new systems were turning physical discs into EULA to circumvent the first sale doctrine. As stated elsewhere the majority of early adopters are the hardcore guys who are well informed, and I believe they were not going to conform to the new policies. Couple that along with Microsoft very very limited worldwide launch (and was only launching in 21 states in the US, historically MS's biggest market) and you have a big debacle.

I'll suggest another question to you, how much (if any) money would MS be making on each console sold? I'd guess probably not a terrible lot. Low sales, limited release, losing money on each console made, and bad press is the recipe for failure. I truly believe if Sony followed suit the sales for both of these consoles would have been low as consumers wouldn't bend over backwards to spend $400-$500 for consoles that take away their rights & more restrictive in exchange for prettier graphics. However since Sony did not go that route consumers had a alternative and started to vote with their wallets by preordering the PS4 en masse over the XBone.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:19 pm

^ Yeah... that's pretty much what I said by "Beauty of Capitalism"
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Ha, don't go to GI then. Bunch of xbots there. "Thank you consumers for taking away my ability to share games with 10 ppl"
    I think Microsoft was marketing to Americans that have a shitload of money to burn. For the console, games, online, tv services and any other media they have. Those people see drm as a good thing, while not caring about all the other countries (by Microsofts old policy only 21 would be supported) that would not be able to play games at all.

Also I don't like the saying I keep hearing "Microsoft was too advanced for our time." Sharing already exists, including digital on the ps3. Add that in with plus and you can get a shitton of games from a friend like that. The digital age is coming yes, but immediately after that you hear it being compared to steam. When will people learn consoles can't compete with pcs. You can't beat steam in sales.

The worst part is not every policy was 100 percent clear so you have assumptions that drm and restrictive measures will be offset by good measures(again weaker price compared to steam) When certain things Microsoft does leads me to believe the very opposite will happen. Non switchable hdd, media services locked behind xbl paywall, even non rechargeable batteries for controller. People are just so quick to become sheep.
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Oh yes this has finally come out to light about "Sharing games with 10 friends" LINK.

For those of you who don't have time to skim through the entire piece (written by a XBone hardware designer) i'll just quote the part that shed light on how the family plan was going to work:

First is family sharing, this feature is near and dear to me and I truly felt it would have helped the industry grow and make both gamers and developers happy. The premise is simple and elegant, when you buy your games for Xbox One, you can set any of them to be part of your shared library. Anyone who you deem to be family had access to these games regardless of where they are in the world. There was never any catch to that, they didn’t have to share the same billing address or physical address it could be anyone. When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour. This allowed the person to play the game, get familiar with it then make a purchase if they wanted to. When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game. We were toying around with a limit on the number of times members could access the shared game (as to discourage gamers from simply beating the game by doing multiple playthroughs). but we had not settled on an appropriate way of handling it. One thing we knew is that we wanted the experience to be seamless for both the person sharing and the family member benefiting. There weren’t many models of this system already in the wild other than Sony’s horrendous game sharing implementation, but it was clear their approach (if one could call it that) was not the way to go.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 pm

I don't understand why they can't keep that feature... the technology's there isn't it?
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm sure they still could but I'm sure the family sharing was tethered to the online check ins. IE: The internet verifies when the time allotment has expired and kicked the person back to the marketplace.The family plan was nothing more than glorified demos to 10 people.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 pm

DarkGeneral wrote:Oh yes this has finally come out to light about "Sharing games with 10 friends" LINK.

For those of you who don't have time to skim through the entire piece (written by a XBone hardware designer) i'll just quote the part that shed light on how the family plan was going to work:

First is family sharing, this feature is near and dear to me and I truly felt it would have helped the industry grow and make both gamers and developers happy. The premise is simple and elegant, when you buy your games for Xbox One, you can set any of them to be part of your shared library. Anyone who you deem to be family had access to these games regardless of where they are in the world. There was never any catch to that, they didn’t have to share the same billing address or physical address it could be anyone. When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour. This allowed the person to play the game, get familiar with it then make a purchase if they wanted to. When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game. We were toying around with a limit on the number of times members could access the shared game (as to discourage gamers from simply beating the game by doing multiple playthroughs). but we had not settled on an appropriate way of handling it. One thing we knew is that we wanted the experience to be seamless for both the person sharing and the family member benefiting. There weren’t many models of this system already in the wild other than Sony’s horrendous game sharing implementation, but it was clear their approach (if one could call it that) was not the way to go.
    So...it was like game trials? Something already available on PlayStation plus? Playing a game up to an hour to see if you liked it. You know except it's only once with trials, even though you don't need to wait 30 days to be able to use it

That doesn't sound like game sharing to me, something that was supposed to be an alternative to you know taking a game to a friends house or selling it because you OWN it. This 10 family feature just sounds like a martyr. Something xbots can hold on to as a sacrifice for the drm they wanted. I've read through dozens of comments that wanted this even though there was no clear clarification, even before it was official. That's just so....why would you want to restrict everyone's ability to play so you can share a trial with 10 family members? It sounds so backwards and wrong.

is this legit? It cant be...its too much proof that microsoft really had nothing else going to counter their other bad decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if it's true though, Microsoft guys have said stupid shit before then told US to deal with it.

And how is game sharing on the ps3 horrendous? It used to be 5 sharing(actual sharing) accounts and now it's 2. I don't like it being cut down, but I understand why Sony did it, money. If anything it was successful enough to get steam to consider doing a similar thing. Sony should come out and advertise this as something they have had, even if it might not have started out as such.  That's something they should consider for the ps4. If their marketing has truly improved then that would be a good way to shut down these drm wanting used game restrictive idiots.

Last edited by Jet on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:05 am; edited 5 times in total
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Ah... shame... they could still try to program the time. This was actually a good feature. Demo's aren't so bad, they could be a great tool for advertising! There are great games people simply don't even try.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 pm

DarkGeneral wrote:I'm sure they still could but I'm sure the family sharing was tethered to the online check ins. IE: The internet verifies when the time allotment has expired and kicked the person back to the marketplace.The family plan was nothing more than glorified demos to 10 people.
    What? You need drm to kick people out of a demo? Trials kick you out immediately after your hour is up, with no 24hrs check ins or any heavy used game restrictions.

Was that article published today? If so I'm gonna put some people that supported this feature at the cost of drm and other restrictions on blast. "500 dollar restriction machine sounds like a good deal to me as long as I can share demos." -Gameinformer community

That's the future of gaming. Digital demos.
    Jec wrote:Ah... shame... they could still try to program the time. This was actually a good feature. Demo's aren't so bad, they could be a great tool for advertising! There are great games people simply don't even try.
    the problem is this was advertised as the alternative to used games. It was supposed to offset the horrendous (lol) drm and used game decisions Microsoft took. Which, if this is true it is not. I hope ms gets flak for this shit too.

Last edited by Jet on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Besides If Sony and Microsoft are both doing the spectator mode feature(join a friends lobby and watch him play) then in a way that is a demo as well. So....jusr seems like more blame the consumer for us not giving you game trials. When they can give more, already proven by the competition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:44 am