Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+2
Eri
Chakramaster
6 posters

Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!) Empty Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Post by Chakramaster Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:04 pm

A new thread I wanted to try out. Post your favorite video game music here. Whether it be from you favorite game, an under appreciated game, or an old game. Any music you enjoyed from a previous video game share it here! This thread in some videos may possibly contain spoilers. Watch, listen, or view at your own risk!

A few songs I've enjoyed from a few games over these years of gaming. Just a few action ones to start out here.

Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!) Empty Re: Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Post by Eri Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Good idea ill post mine soon
    Eri
    Eri

Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!) Empty Re: Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Post by Eri Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 pm

your gonna see alot of mgs from me. but i shall begin with mgs2's "cant say goodbye to yesterday.

i really enjoy when they flesh these kinds of tracks into cutscenes. Here at 9:04 you will find it.

https://youtu.be/BrL7wo5-nJo?t=9m4s

if you dont wanna watch it cu of spoilers then here is the complete song that can be found in the games credits

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:06 pm

oh well that's fine. You'll be hearing a lot of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Kingdom Hearts from me lol
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Never played crisis core but i did watch it. All i gotta say is that ending thou...beyond spectacular. This song is great.

If you wanna see the ending scene (mad spoilers)

Spoiler:

https://youtu.be/2Q7ARs0nMhE?t=3m35s

If you just wanna hear the song.

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:09 am

Update coming soon. Posting more songs tomorrow from a few different games. More are from one specific game though. Be on the lookout. Remixes and Re-orchestrations are welcome as well from anyone wanting to post some.
    Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Link Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 am

my favorite videogame music ever

you'll see me posting a lot of Final Fantasy music because to me that is the most perfect videogame music ever, so yeah

and some zelda music as well ^^
    Link

Post by Link Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:43 am

as I said, best videogame music ever

Link

Post by Link Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:04 am

Link

Post by Link Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:21 am

Link

Post by Link Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:50 am

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Fire Emblem Awakening REALLY surprised me with it's story and soundtrack.  It's definitely the best Fire Emblem game out there.  Here's a few of my favorites.  Those with spoilers I will spoil tag for your safety in case you guys have plans to play it.

This next one just played in one of the biggest moments in the game (those who know what I'm talking about know the power behind this one.  Keep it to a spoil tag if you wanna discuss.

FINAL BOSS SPOILER!!!  The song will not have a powerful effect unless you understand the story up to that point and what's happening.  Some people can understand it without a story, but I recommend playing it to this point to find out yourself.  However, you are still welcome to listen to it regardless.  I'm not stopping you.

Spoiler:

That's it for Fire Emblem Awakening.  Probably more later, but here's the main ones I planned to post.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.  One of the games with the best soundtrack to a story I've experienced.  Play it yourself for the best effect!  NOTE:  Many of the songs will not be posted without spoiler tags and many others not posted due to spoilers.  Most of the best songs have spoilers in the name.  So in respect to not making all these spoil tagged I won't post them

At first this song will not have much meaning to you....but over the years I've replayed it, it's honestly one of my favorite tracks.  Doesn't seem like much at first....but knowing the story and the feeling to this, it makes it such a peaceful and a relaxing song for the game.  Most songs will be from Explorers of Sky (which i still consider the best PMD game).  

BRT= Blue Rescue Team

EoS= Explorers of Sky

GTI= Gates to Infinity

PMD EoS

A very unappreciated dungeon song in the game.  The tune of this one is very different from some of the songs in the game.  This is one of the post game dungeons that is just has one of those catchy themes to it

PMD EoS

FROM THIS POINT FOR THESE TRACKS THEY WILL BE CONSIDERED SPOILERS AND WILL BE TAGGED FOR SAFETY OF KEEPING THE FINAL CHAPTER MUSIC HIDDEN.  The Final chapter music in this game has THE BIGGEST CHANGE I have seen in a video game.  From the tunes you hear in game up until this point, it's like it's not even the same game anymore in a small way.

PMD EoS
    Spoiler:

FINAL DUNGEON SPOILER

PMD EoS
    Spoiler:

PMD BRT (Original Song)

This version just being a better fan made version of the song above
    PMD BRT (Piano YT version)

There's SO MUCH MORE I could post and will later. It's just hard to decide from all the amazing songs especially whether or not to post one in a spoiler tag or not.

GTI Songs will be posted later in another post to keep this post to a short length
    Link

Post by Link Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:06 pm

nice chak, only reason I didn't listen to the fire emblem ones is because I want to be blown away when I get the actual game ^^

some more goodness

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Well I also highly recommend you play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky before Fire Emblem honestly. It's my favorite Pokemon game ever.

Fire Emblem Awakening is amazing too and all, but PMD EoS has it beat by miles story and music style wise.
    Link

Post by Link Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Chakramaster wrote:Well I also highly recommend you play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky before Fire Emblem honestly.  It's my favorite Pokemon game ever.  

Fire Emblem Awakening is amazing too and all, but PMD EoS has it beat by miles story and music style wise.
    wow, I never thought Mystery Dungeon games were that good

that makes it another 3DS game I need to get darn it I need a lot of money lol

quality is low but I love this track, I really do, is absolutely amazing
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Link wrote:
    Chakramaster wrote:Well I also highly recommend you play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky before Fire Emblem honestly.  It's my favorite Pokemon game ever.  

wow, I never thought Mystery Dungeon games were that good

that makes it another 3DS game I need to get darn it I need a lot of money lol

quality is low but I love this track, I really do, is absolutely amazing

Well PMD Explorers of Sky was better than Gates to Infinity. PMD Gates to Infinity was the latest one on 3DS. Explorers is on DS. It's still a rare find though.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:40 pm

On another note, yeah I loved all of those Sonic Adventure 2 Battle songs. Was a pretty great game.
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:48 pm

those pkmn spinoffs got good songs
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Eri wrote:those pkmn spinoffs got good songs

Most notable being the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. I don't really like the Ranger games and I can't say about many of the console games. Though from all the searching I've done others seem to agree with me and are saying the PMD games have the best stories and soundtracks from any Pokemon game. EoS best Pokemon game ever no doubt....for now.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Damn link you have me listening to the sonic adv 2 battle soundtrack now....what an excellent game. Lmao I used to sing that song that plays at the end.

And yeah I gotta try out the pmd games too, but the next one I wanna try is fire emblem its been a while since I played one. Only thing is its hard to find a deal for that game. So many good 3ds games...
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51 am

not better then los santos region doe
    Link

Post by Link Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:22 am

Just bought that PMD game you recommended, it was the last one left on ebay, no manual even, but I have to see for my self such a good game so I got it, it costed me 22 Euros, with delivery and everything, thanks for letting me know about it chak

since we are talking pkmn might aswell

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 am

Explorers of Sky? Gotta be careful on ebay with it. I noticed a lot if people there sold the demo alone.

Anyway yeah it's awesome! Have fun with it, there's tons of post game stuff too. If you need saving just send out a signal and give me the code and I'll help whenever you need . It'll ask about sending a distress signal or something like that .
    Link

Post by Link Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 am

Chakramaster wrote:Explorers of Sky?  Gotta be careful on ebay with it.  I noticed a lot if people there sold the demo alone.

Anyway yeah it's awesome! Have fun with it, there's tons of post game stuff too.  If you need saving just send out a signal and give me the code and I'll help whenever you need .  It'll ask about sending a distress signal or something like that .
    well the seller has excellent reputation and out of thousands of deals he only has like 7 negative votes and they only complain because the games got there like 2 days after what it said on the site, so I'm not concerned at all

on the other hand, didn't Nintendo finish the wi-fi compatibility of all the DS and wii games?

I guess I'll have the possibility to send a distress call but I doubt the system will connect to the internet lol

thanks for offering anyway chak

OT:
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 am

Link wrote:
    Chakramaster wrote:Explorers of Sky?  Gotta be careful on ebay with it.  I noticed a lot if people there sold the demo alone.

Anyway yeah it's awesome! Have fun with it, there's tons of post game stuff too.  If you need saving just send out a signal and give me the code and I'll help whenever you need .  It'll ask about sending a distress signal or something like that .
    well the seller has excellent reputation and out of thousands of deals he only has like 7 negative votes and they only complain because the games got there like 2 days after what it said on the site, so I'm not concerned at all

on the other hand, didn't Nintendo finish the wi-fi compatibility of all the DS and wii games?

I guess I'll have the possibility to send a distress call but I doubt the system will connect to the internet lol

thanks for offering anyway chak

OT:

Well there WAS 2 ways for you to save a friend. 1 being using wi-fi and 2 using the actual code. The code doesn't involve wi-fi. It's how the first games (red rescue and blue rescue team)worked before they added wi-fi to it. So the codes should still work. It just takes a bit longer than wi- fi would.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:11 am