Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+2
Eri
Chakramaster
6 posters

Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Post by Jet Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Ryu ga Gotoku 4 OST [Vol. 1] - 35 For Face

https://youtu.be/kbO6HZ7ZE1I
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Video Game Music Thread [The Music Lives Edition] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Post by Chakramaster Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 pm

This one is gonna be more set around a specific game as it has some really great music to it. Still hope to see the 4th game in the series soon too. If you haven't played it, then it is yet another series that I highly recommend that you check out.

Still one of my favorite RPG battle musics of all time

The final bosses to these games were always really tough and the most annoying (mainly from one specific OP move each of the final bosses are notorious for having).
    Spoiler:

The next piece is the final world map themes in the game (sadly it's obtained nearly 90% through the entire game).

I would post the final boss theme for this one too, but I'll leave that for another post in the coming weeks.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:04 am

Eri wrote:chak u really like them guitar rifts and drums lol ^^

Like I said in a previous comment yeah I do. Though it's not just guitar and drums. If it's done well, fits the mood of the piece and scene well like most of the "good" games out there then it's amazing. It's rare to find a game now that really does it though sadly. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is still one of the best imo out of all the games I've played it's been the one that dropped the most feels. I can't help myself at looking back at the tracks either. It's got SOOOOO many fan remixes, remasters, re-orchestrations and all. Especially from the Rescue series and mostly from the Explorer series. I'll start posting fan versions of those once I run out of the main tracks along with other tracks from games I've enjoyed.

Anyways next batch of tracks will come sometime after Smash Bros 3DS releases.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Ok after this week I'm gonna have a good bit of free time to get together my absolute favorite tracks. So it'll be a long one and pretty much all of them will be spoilers so be warned. I'll have them up sometime after Dec 5
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:26 pm

I'll haveca listen soon as I get back. Also my list to post is almost ready.
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:07 pm

gotta finish yakuza.

----

Snake: "We abandoned our countries. Nothing more."

this one is a bit spoiler if u havent played the game. ONLY GAMEPLAY SPOILER AND NO STORY SPOILER.
    I love this part in the game. when games can roll out the ost during te battles like this. wow its beautiful.

the music plays on its own in game. creazy battle.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:06 am

ok had to edit my list abit (a few tracks are still being released on a YT remixer's page). Once they are all released I'll fix it and post this long list up.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:05 am

Since not all pieces have been released yet the osts are still on hold

Meanwhile Eri wanted me to post some if my favorite FFXIV tracks which I will do tomorrow after I gather them together.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:28 pm

FF14 A Realm Reborn OSTs (Note: Some tracks may be spoilers)

This track is one that plays during one of the lvl 50+ Bosses in a map every 3 days or so on a random spawn.  Party is required to even get any benefits from the raid so here's the raid and the track.

Some of the story missions have this theme playing and as much as it starts playing it's one of those intense ones in the game that keep the flow of the battle going

So much battle music so here's a little song from the beach to calm it all down.

Back to some action, one you hear a lot from grinding leves

I don't really know if it's because I started in this area or what it is, but I love the feel to the beginning of this track and the feel just fits this setting.

A song from one of the 3 main capitals and it fits this one perfectly and makes my favorite town in the game....I just wish my computer could handle the game better and I'd stay there longer...

This is just one of the worlds enemy stronghold areas late game (not spoiler at all).  One of my favorites making it through here.

Another song to relax to as I wind down to some of the better battle tracks soon.  As for this track it's the class I'll be classing up to very soon.  The Ninja Guild's theme

more to post....
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:05 am

A song called Torn from the Heavens. It's the only non spoiler one I could find really so here it is not spoil tagged =)

Strangely this is yet another I haven't played yet as my computer can't handle some of the areas I gotta go through first. This isn't a story mission really so again no spoiler

NOW we get to the spoilers for some of the big story battles.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Endgame spoilers from here on

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:09 pm

More to come if I can find the tracks. I couldn't find those tracks above without gameplay footage =/
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Chimera is powerful
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Why does your pc have trouble chak? Laptop? Consoles shouldnt which is at least a relief since it would suck having to pay even more
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:18 pm

that first one has a nice sound. although mad spoilers chak!

------

enjoy now!

love these games

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Eri wrote:that first one has a nice sound. although mad spoilers chak!

------

enjoy now!

love these games

The Odin's theme one? It's not story related, it's a random spawn in the world for some extra items in game that are exclusively for trade in for rare items. No real spoiler there =)
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Tomorrow Wave 2 of a music list will be posted of some FF. To get my list I wanted to post awhile back started I'm gonna be posting "some" of them since not all pieces I wanted are on YT atm, but some are still being released by a remaster(er) on YT so those will come in a later post.

This video is just a small preview of what's to come. Something nice to relax to....

As I mentioned "remixes" or "remastered" songs are game so post away if you feel one deserves it

Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:59 pm

ffVII Aerith theme doeeee!

---
    Celadon City doeeee!

vs

---
    Outset Island doeee!

---
    gta my jam doeee
    stevie wonder- skeletons

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Preferrably listen to these with a headset

As you guys know by now I LOVE a game with an amazing and powerful soundtrack.  So with the FF tracks I'll post a few "other" games.  One of which has spoilers so be warned (it will be tagged/hidden).  Some videos WILL HAVE video of areas you guys didn't make it to which will not be tagged so be warned.

Alright I gotta post this one first since it's a lead in to the next (trust me here it's worth it).

Here it is.  This is why I made you listen to the other version first as it's like a remade version of this and an insanely powerful one at that.  This track from FF14 really pulled me back into the story.  It was getting kinda "eh" for awhile with all the running here and there finding nothing of interest besides the Shiva arc....but this....THIS TRACK OH MAN.  It really gave me the chills running through this dungeon.  Like the chills I got from playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or some finale buildup fan expectation to a Kingdom Heart track (yeah SE and all).  I won't go into specifics unless directly asked to, but i's a HUGE buildup as to where you are going that has so a powerful meaning behind this track.  

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Alright straying away from FF stuff I'll get to the others

This one if from a RPG style game with an amazingly well told story and a very impressive soundtrack to go along with it.  If you haven't seen it or played it I recommend watching it and can provide a link if requested and I do highly recommend it as well

............ok.....I've held off on this for very strong reasons and really didn't want to at first...but it WILL be spoiler tagged so here's the final warning.  Pokemon Mystery Dungeon songs with MASSIVE spoilers

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Exporers of Time/Darkness/Sky Final Boss Theme (To the main story)

Spoiler:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity.  The game itself was very poorly reviewed, but reviewers lately for those big companies suck as much dick as a Politician these days.  So fuck those reviews and burn em in fiery pits and ignore them.  

This is the "main protruding theme" to the game and a pretty powerful one at that.  Each game has like a set theme to it.  This one was pretty much as powerful as the last few games

Now for more spoilers

PMD: GTI Final Boss v1.  SEROUS SPOILER

Spoiler:

Final video for now

PMD:GTI Final Boss v2

Spoiler:
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Some of those were the ones I wanted to post with my all-time favorite, but some of those are on hold while they are being remade by some Youtubers
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:49 am

all th eFF ones were really good. i feel like ramuh's theme would be an awesome gerudo desert/dungeon theme for zelda.

dialgas fight sounds like it can be in a wind waker or spirit tracks ost. i really like this one too.

the beginning of gates to infinity sounds like a track for a pokemon snap game/ pokemon snap 2...which i still believe has been delayed again....20 years now...

im surprised chak...u really dont suck...some good songs posted here.

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:25 pm

heh Play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky and find out why so many people like it. It has an even better effect if you play it and hear it first hand.

Snap 2 is still talked about, but I doubt it'll come out soon...if it does it'll be for 3DS and WiiU

the other OSTs are still equally as amazing or close to it
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:24 am

meh i may when they arent 40 still.

Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:42 am

not 40
    http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-explorers-sky/75112

sometimes amazon has one up for 20. it's worth it for the 30 price range too
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Jec Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:10 pm

I love the mass effect 1 soundtrack

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:25 pm