Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+7
Jec
Chakramaster
Link
Eri
Sai
jkrulz777
Jet
11 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]]

Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]] - Page 7 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]]

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Jet wrote:Goldeneye
    despite everyone thinks Nintendo should have bought Rareware before M$ did I prefer to remember those jewels they made as the fantastic experiences they were, otherwise I'm pretty sure Goldeneye or any other game under Rare would have been milked to the point in which quality would have suffered

actually now that you mention Goldeneye, last time I played it was about a year or more ago in a friend's flat and it was incredible, surprisingly enough I suck at modern FPS games but I'm still good at Goldeneye, I guess I belong to a different time in which games were supposed to be fun, even FPSs

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]] - Page 7 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]]

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Im having fun playing dragons dogma a 2012 title. I enjoyed hitman as well, also in 2012. I hear great things about n no kuni and grid 2, which came out this year and I will try later this month. And even though the games inside the mgs legacy collection(vanilla collection aint shit) came out years ago the actual legacy collection did technically come out this year so :p
    Link

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Jet wrote:Im having fun playing dragons dogma a 2012 title. I enjoyed hitman as well, also in 2012. I hear great things about n no kuni and grid 2, which came out this year and I will try later this month. And even though the games inside the mgs legacy collection(vanilla collection aint shit) came out years ago the actual legacy collection did technically come out this year so :p
    played Dragon's dogma: Dark Arisen: meh, looks good but it wasn't compelling at all
    played Hitman: ugh nothing there for me, I thought it was boring, I'm a guy who doesn't like games like that and I might be the only one who doesn't thing a big deal of that chinese GTA all of you love so much and I thought was boring as hell

Batman games or OK but everyone is like OMG arkham games are awesome, they aren't...

MGS I have them all, and even tho I was a big fan of MGS I can't take kojima's policy about that game anymore, exclusive content for 2 versions of the same game? REALLY KOJIMA!?

and I bought Ni no kuni aswell, the game is pretty good, but it ain't nothing to lose your sleep over

as a matter of fact I am like one or 2 bosses away from the ending since like 6 months ago or more and I can't be bothered to finish the thing, it has a good premise but I got tired of being taken by the hand in almost everything the game wants you to do, the heart pieces thing felt like a chore more than anything else in the game

so yeah games that came out this year or last year can't hold a candle man, calm down
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:24 pm

i beat link between worlds.

great game forsure. but isnt best zelda game ever. Its the little things that matter. Im much more mature as a gamer and everything has to be done right. The eri way lol.

I dont think i have found that game in a long time. Games be fun now a days but they havent captured my "true praise".

btw link theres a good chance that reggie will announce zelda U tom at vgx.

time to beat Y now.

Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:26 pm

im about to start mgs2 HD for the first time. I really love that game.
    Link

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Ocarina of Time is still the one to beat, only a company at the brink of bankruptcy can produce such a masterpiece

I never expected this Zelda to be a better than Ocarina Zelda, but it did revive the flames of love I used to feel for this, one of my most beloved game franchises ever

Link

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Eri wrote:im about to start mgs2 HD for the first time. I really love that game.
    good luck with the 200 push ups, if you want the platinum that is

the games are good but the requirements for platinum are plain stupid, they took away the value of all the details I used to enjoy so much in the MGS games
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Link wrote:
    Jet wrote:Im having fun playing dragons dogma a 2012 title. I enjoyed hitman as well, also in 2012. I hear great things about n no kuni and grid 2, which came out this year and I will try later this month. And even though the games inside the mgs legacy collection(vanilla collection aint shit) came out years ago the actual legacy collection did technically come out this year so :p
    played Dragon's dogma: Dark Arisen: meh, looks good but it wasn't compelling at all
    played Hitman: ugh nothing there for me, I thought it was boring, I'm a guy who doesn't like games like that and I might be the only one who doesn't thing a big deal of that chinese GTA all of you love so much and I thought was boring as hell

Batman games or OK but everyone is like OMG arkham games are awesome, they aren't...

MGS I have them all, and even tho I was a big fan of MGS I can't take kojima's policy about that game anymore, exclusive content for 2 versions of the same game? REALLY KOJIMA!?

and I bought Ni no kuni aswell, the game is pretty good, but it ain't nothing to lose your sleep over

as a matter of fact I am like one or 2 bosses away from the ending since like 6 months ago or more and I can't be bothered to finish the thing, it has a good premise but I got tired of being taken by the hand in almost everything the game wants you to do, the heart pieces thing felt like a chore more than anything else in the game

so yeah games that came out this year or last year can't hold a candle man, calm down
    Youre nostalgia goggling pretty hard right now. There are still good games out there you just dont like them. Last of us was pretty damn amazing.
    Link

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:46 pm

the one game I haven't played bro? really?

I'm not saying there aren't any good games out there

I think one has to live in a cave to not realize this year TLOU and GTAV were huge accomplishments in the entertainment media we love so much

but I made an statement based on the games you mentioned, and again, as much as I loved the Uncharted series, my most anticipated next gen franchise actually, I still think current gaming is less entertaining than it was a decade back, I would run away from school to play the aforementioned Goldeneye or Mario 64 with frieynds, you won't see me doing something like that for a game that came out after 2007

I can't even number the amount of blisters I got on my hands by playing Dragon Ball Final Bout

I never got a blister this gen playing fighting games, and I have a bunch
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Link wrote:I'm not saying there aren't any good games out there
    Link wrote:I guess I belong to a different time in which games were supposed to be fun
    I guess good games arent supposed to be fun? Or fun games arent good, lol
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:53 pm

I have never understood nostalgia...
    Link

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Jet wrote:
    Link wrote:I'm not saying there aren't any good games out there
    Link wrote:I guess I belong to a different time in which games were supposed to be fun
    I guess good games arent supposed to be fun? Or fun games arent good, lol
    Naruto Faction Chat Thread #14 [Winter is Coming]] - Page 7 1-83

not entertaining enough, it might be just me, but sincerely there are only a handful of games that I still feel deep interest for

maybe I'm starting to grow tired of mainstream games, that's all
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Jec wrote:I have never understood nostalgia...
    then u havent lived if u think it can be understoood lol
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Or perhaps you're in the "My Generation was far better than yours, whipped snappers!" phase.
    Link

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Wow, watamote's opening is actually pretty good
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:14 pm

There are a few fctors that affect nostalgia. The friends you played with and the laughs you shared that can no longer be had because they arent around anymore. The time you had after you came back from school being more readily available to game. You want to experience the times you had in your past with the future lineup of games but that cant be replicated because of aforementioned factors.

Aging is a big part of that.
    jkrulz777
    jkrulz777
    Academy Ninja: Student
    Academy Ninja: Student

Post by jkrulz777 Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:15 pm

I will miss the gtx tomorrow as I got the final fantasy concert. Don't really care about awards just the trailers that follow.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Jet wrote:There are a few fctors that affect nostalgia. The friends you played with and the laughs you shared that can no longer be had because they arent around anymore. The time you had after you came back from school being more readily available to game. You want to experience the times you had in your past with the future lineup of games but that cant be replicated because of aforementioned factors.

That's also what I think... however I just learned to deal with it...
    Not letting past feelings keep me from enjoying the present and the future...
    Link

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Jet wrote:There are a few fctors that affect nostalgia. The friends you played with and the laughs you shared that can no longer be had because they arent around anymore. The time you had after you came back from school being more readily available to game. You want to experience the times you had in your past with the future lineup of games but that cant be replicated because of aforementioned factors.

makes sense, even tho Zelda is not affected by all those factors, it is just my own perception of what a perfect game should be like
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Jec wrote:

That's also what I think... however I just learned to deal with it...
    Not letting past feelings keep me from enjoying the present and the future...
    Indeed.

Link wrote:

makes sense, even tho Zelda is not affected by all those factors, it is just my own perception of what a perfect game should be like
    Or what a young Hector perceives a perfect game to be
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:35 pm

I do have past games that I enjoyed immensely... But I sure as hell don't consider them perfect. For starters I loved SSB for the N64 and Mario Party as well. Donkey Kong 64 was also great and for the PS 1 I remember the Spyro series fondly...
    Link

Post by Link Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm still young you know...
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Jec wrote:I do have past games that I enjoyed immensely... But I sure as hell don't consider them perfect. For starters I loved SSB for the N64 and Mario Party as well. Donkey Kong 64 was also great and for the PS 1 I remember the Spyro series fondly...
    Mystical Ninja
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Link wrote:I'm still young you know...
    10-17 is what im referring to
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Link wrote:I'm still young you know...
    pffff hahahahaha

Chakramaster wrote:
    Jec wrote:I do have past games that I enjoyed immensely... But I sure as hell don't consider them perfect. For starters I loved SSB for the N64 and Mario Party as well. Donkey Kong 64 was also great and for the PS 1 I remember the Spyro series fondly...
    Mystical Ninja
    What?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:58 am