Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+11
Goldie
Sai
FullmetalHeart
Chakramaster
ExcessKarnage18
KEKOLD
Eri
Cyan
Jec
Shammon
Jet
15 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #7 [A Dream of Spring]

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #7 [A Dream of Spring] - Page 20 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #7 [A Dream of Spring]

Post by Jet Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Oh damn. So it's like new Orleans? Nature attacks but people still live there. Hmm
    Link
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #7 [A Dream of Spring] - Page 20 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #7 [A Dream of Spring]

Post by Link Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:40 pm

it's insane if you ask me, people without options of moving away I understand, but Jec is supposed to be an American, so I don't get why he still lives there, do you guys remember not too long ago he was telling us about the streets in his city were flooded with water and mud because of the heavy rain?

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 pm

When is it estimated to completely disappear?
    Link

Post by Link Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:15 pm

well it was said decades to centuries, usually geological events of that scale take ages to happen, but on the meanwhile the earthquakes will be regular and stronger
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Link wrote:hahaha, it actually was funny

on a serious note: about 15 years ago it was predicted most of the pacific area of colombia would crumble and disappear because of the earthquakes given a rational amount of time, even the coffee axis (don't ask about the coffee axis' name) will disappear

yet people keeps living there, what is worse is people like Jec and some relatives of mine with the American green card/nationality, have gone back there to live (die)

quakes come and go and they are still there, suicidal much?

I don't even know why Jec is still there given that he could study in the states and his degree would have validity all over the world if graduated from an American college, yet he rather studies in Colombia where your educations is valid in as many countries as Colombia and that's it, maybe Equador or Peru too, but I doubt he wants to move there

so all in all it is funny, really it is

Wow... that's some paranoia...

I don't live in the US because the cost of life in the US is extremely higher than in Colombia. And no, Colombia is not bound to disappear any time soon, we can't predict these type of things yet.

As for my degree I have no worries. ICESI is one of the most prestigious universities in the country and the Economics program has an international quality credential. May graduates are studying abroad and a recent investigation by the Ministry of Education, people from my university are one of the highest earners in the whole country. I am not worried about my future at all. Link to the List: http://www.icesi.edu.co/egresados/ministerio_de_educacion_afirma_que_los_recien_egresados_de_universidades_acreditadas_tienen_mejores_salarios.php

I also think you are blowing things out of proportion, I refuse to live in fear all the time. Natural disasters happen everywhere! If I go back to Houston my house might get destroyed in a hurricane, tornado or flood. If I move to New York I can get shot or crippled, or killed in a snow storm, etc.
    Link

Post by Link Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 pm

the pacific ocean absorbing half of Colombia due to earthquakes was predicted not by commoners but by geological agencies right after the earthquake in armenia, but yeah well, whatever

and you can say I'm blowing things out of proportion because anything can happen anywhere, I'm just saying you're increasing the odds of a natural disaster happening by living there

and it looks like you live in the dream world in which Colombian Education can be considered on par with the rest of the world's, I mean our education is good, if I ever study in a college I wouldn't mind doing it there, but when you go out of the country your education is worthless unless you homologate (don't even know if that is the English term) it by doing 2 or 3 years of courses and exams

again, I can be wrong, mine is just an opinion, I want to be wrong bro, for real

Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Link wrote:the pacific ocean absorbing half of Colombia due to earthquakes was predicted not by commoners but by geological agencies right after the earthquake in armenia, but yeah well, whatever

and you can say I'm blowing things out of proportion because anything can happen anywhere, I'm just saying you're increasing the odds of a natural disaster happening by living there

and it looks like you live in the dream world in which Colombian Education can be considered on par with the rest of the world's, I mean our education is good, if I ever study in a college I wouldn't mind doing it there, but when you go out of the country your education is worthless unless you homologate (don't even know if that is the English term) it by doing 2 or 3 years of courses and exams

again, I can be wrong, mine is just an opinion, I want to be wrong bro, for real

No we don't have to homologate anything. That's the beauty and the infamy (It's considered one of the hardest) of my university. We have people from prestigious universities from Europe and the US that come to ICESI to study. Why would they come to spend a year or two in a worthless incomparable university?
    Anyways, another reason I don't leave is because I have friends and family, I just can't leave them like that just out of fear of a remote chance I get killed in an earthquake. The Armenia earthquake was horrible but the Andean region learned a lot from it. Buildings are following strict regulations and controls to keep them from suffering deadly damage.
    Link

Post by Link Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:19 pm

are you telling me people from countries where the economy is better (Europe)
    go to a country with a broken economy and the rate of poverty is higher (Colombia)
    to study economics?

...O...K...?
    Link

Post by Link Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:20 pm

and that's all for today guys, I gotta hit the sack
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Link wrote:are you telling me people from countries where the economy is better (Europe)
    go to a country with a broken economy and the rate of poverty is higher (Colombia)
    to study economics?

...O...K...?

Well duh.... Where do you think a proper study of economics is more relevant and important? Don't forget that our country is rated as one of the best places to invest right now and the International Monetary Fund rates us as a promising economy. We are almost immune to the mess the US and Europe is in and things are improving....
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Is crime still a problem there? Have you Jec had any personal experience with it?
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Canada is where its at , just saying. And I would love to visit Colombia. If I came jec would u take me in as your nakama?

Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Jet wrote:Is crime still a problem there? Have you Jec had any personal experience with it?

No. Crime really depends on the sector you live in. Many foreigners have the impression they're getting mugged on every corner and that's not true. Crime rate is higher than in a developed nation but it's not the distopia movies and tv will want to make you believe
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Eri wrote:Canada is where its at , just saying. And I would love to visit Colombia. If I came jec would u take me in as your nakama?

If I could I would visit canadia love your bacon... Also I hear you guys have the best water slides in the world.
    FullmetalHeart
    FullmetalHeart
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate

Post by FullmetalHeart Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Thinking Bye Jec
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:10 pm

KonohamaruHeaven wrote: Thinking Bye Jec

Not going anywhere :>_>:
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Nooooooooo JEC why must you leave us!
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Lol I don't eat bacon, and water slides...hmmm iduno..
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:37 pm

Don't leave US jec!
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:42 pm

@ Eri
    whaaaaat?! What is this that you dont eat bacon? That's he best thing there is.

As for the water slides I remember watching a tv show that talked about attractions in different countries. All I remember was that Canada had a water park with the best water slides in the world. That only opened during the spring and summer when the snow melted. Creating the best natural water park
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Does anyone know how to transfer Data from one PC to a laptop with an ethernet cable? I fear my HDD is about to die on me and I don't want to download 20GB of data again...
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Connect the Ethernet directly to both devices and enable file sharing on both.

KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Use run to connect to the desired device
    KEKOLD
    KEKOLD

Post by KEKOLD Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Im too lazy to write the process so if you have Skype would be easier
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:05 am

You're not very likely to get shot or murdered in New york anymore actually. The crime is very low compared to how it used to be; for the past few years it's usually just had 1 murder everyday (pretty good actually for a massive city filled with millions of people), which has changed to no one getting murdered in a day. Your odds of getting murdered in New York are incredibly small now, even when it commonly had 1 murder a day your chance of getting murdered was lower than 1 in a million. That's true paranoia if you think you'd get killed there in that manner so easily.

I still wouldn't move to New York though, due to global warming it's been predicted to flood and become inhabitable. We're already seeing this with Hurricane Sandy, and that won't be the end of it.

Prepare to be fucked pale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 am