Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+13
DaDominicanDude
Iri
Link
Eri
Cyan
Sai
Goldie
Chakramaster
FullmetalHeart
Jec
ShadowB
KEKOLD
Jet
17 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri]

Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri] - Page 29 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri]

Post by Sai Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Fuck you D. It's my SMTIV box, they should've treated it with the upmost care and affection. Fucking plebeians.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri] - Page 29 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri]

Post by Jet Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Hmm I'd rather be dead than in prison for stupid charges. The first episode of inside man dealt with MJ and it's status in society. It's clear the system is unfair the way it stands. Unless you have something to gain from prisons, cigarettes and alcohol business

Last edited by Jet on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Post by Jec Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:59 pm

Hallucinogens are consumed everyday and we don't hear high people committing atrocities daily because they were on hallucinogens. We do tend to hear more of drunk drivers running people over and such.

Most hallucinogens don't cause dangerous behavior, at least not to others. I know this because I have been tripped out of my mind on Salvia before.... I saw concrete move like waves and people made of spaghetti... Was I dangerous? I couldn't even stand up...

You can't quote that one anecdote and generalize things (I'm not implying high people will not do dangerous things either), but we do know for certain that drug consumption is there were we accept it or not and I'm sure we don't hear a lot on the news that a guy on LSD started gunning or assaulting people in the same volume we hear about drunk drivers.
    Goldie
    Goldie
    Genin Ninja: Adept

Post by Goldie Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 am

There's been QUITE a few cases recently of people tripping balls getting shot to death or bludgeoned by the cops. IIRC a couple months ago one guy was on Acid (I think, don't quote me on this) and was running around naked. The cops handcuffed him, tried to pat him down but when he was trying to stand up they shot him. Something similar to that case happened a couple times in the past 2 years or so.

@Sai: God, you're turning into a grade A SMTard. I don't know weather to be impressed or scared.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:08 am

Sai wrote:
    Chakramaster wrote:actually I managed to grab SMT release day.  They ended up with 4 extra not reserved so I went for it.
    Oh shit! This is very fucking good. Im kind of tight because I got my copy with the box kinda dinged up. But it's in the back of it so I guess its not a big deal.

My Pikachu 3DS XL box was kinda dented a little. Although, now it seems like there's no problem other than some games it just "seems" like it messes up audio quality....but then again it may be my hearing....my hearing is way too sensitive honestly...hearing things others can't. Kinda a good thing though
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:14 am

DarkGeneral wrote:There's been QUITE a few cases recently of people tripping balls getting shot to death or bludgeoned by the cops. IIRC a couple months ago one guy was on Acid (I think, don't quote me on this) and was running around naked. The cops handcuffed him, tried to pat him down but when he was trying to stand up they shot him. Something similar to that case happened a couple times in the past 2 years or so.

@Sai: God, you're turning into a grade A SMTard. I don't know weather to be impressed or scared.

Well it's true...many misuse drugs/alcohol to the point they endanger others.  Many just need to learn the term "use with caution" to a better extent.  Endangering others lives just so they can enjoy something is sad and deserves punishment if it's at that point of endangerment.   otherwise, how will they learn?  Or will it take them killing someone before they learn?  I think it'd be better of taken care of rather than the life of an innocent being take due to someone being a dumbass screwing with others lives.

Well Sai is the same on SMT as I am to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games I guess.I could barely keep my excitement hidden at all when I heard Gates to Infinity was being released for the 3DS. To the point where after it was released in Japan I couldn't wait to listen to the soundtrack....which I still feel bad about.  I've barley got into SMT and it's good form what I've played so far.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:19 am

So a guy running naked is endangering someone? Looks to me like the police here were the assholes for shooting someone just for getting up.
    Goldie
    Goldie

Post by Goldie Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:35 am

Jec wrote:So a guy running naked is endangering someone? Looks to me like the police here were the assholes for shooting someone just for getting up.

Read my post before, I said "Or endangering themselves". The numbers are nebulous but there is a chance of elevated suicidal thoughts. Not to mention seeing shit that isn't there and accidentally killing yourself. Like running into traffic. And cops killing them is certainly not entirely their fault. Some cops are pieces of shit like that, you shouldn't give them any more reasons to be a asshole to them.

@Chak: I'm just messing with Sai. I love SMT as well, just not to the extent he does. Since u know he loves ALL things SMT. Like Persona 3 and Persona 4.
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster

Post by Chakramaster Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:42 am

Jec wrote:So a guy running naked is endangering someone? Looks to me like the police here were the assholes for shooting someone just for getting up.

I never said anything about someone running naked being an endangerment to anyone.  Only that, that someone that IS an endangerment to others.  Never specified anything of the sort of what things are...but there are a lot. It also does depend on what the naked guy's intentions are which could be anyone's guess other than public nudity and probably disruptive to the community around him.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:55 am

Stupid
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:57 am

Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:15 am

DarkGeneral wrote:

Read my post before, I said "Or endangering themselves". The numbers are nebulous but there is a chance of elevated suicidal thoughts. Not to mention seeing shit that isn't there and accidentally killing yourself. Like running into traffic. And cops killing them is certainly not entirely their fault. Some cops are pieces of shit like that, you shouldn't give them any more reasons to be a asshole to them.

@Chak: I'm just messing with Sai. I love SMT as well, just not to the extent he does. Since u know he loves ALL things SMT. Like Persona 3 and Persona 4.
    You know I think you and me see things a different way. I might have to kill you......
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:56 am

Yeah I wish this forum saved posts like GT did, I've lost a few long posts the same way D. It's a pain.

DarkGeneral wrote:There's been QUITE a few cases recently of people tripping balls getting shot to death or bludgeoned by the cops. IIRC a couple months ago one guy was on Acid (I think, don't quote me on this) and was running around naked. The cops handcuffed him, tried to pat him down but when he was trying to stand up they shot him. Something similar to that case happened a couple times in the past 2 years or so.
    Quite a few? People killing themselves on psychedelics and gong insane/hurting themselves are extremely rare, and even then it's only ever a few certain psychedelics in high doses that cause such a reaction. LSD is infamous for that, but only a few out of every few hundred people that take it ever have problems resulting from it. For every one person you show me that died from it I can show you at least 10 it had a positive effect on. Also remember LSD is a synthetic, and also if you take it in a bad environment you're much more likely to have a bad trip than if you were to take it without all the stigma around it and without having to fear being beaten or thrown in a cage.

Other psychedelics that have caused people to commit suicide or go insane (though we have no way of knowing if the people who do commit suicide/go insane after taking psychedelics were already on the brink of insanity as it is) are DMT and mushrooms. Those 2 things cause problems in the user at an even rarer level though. For example one person jumped off a building on mushrooms in Amsterdam in the past few years, that's 1 out of the tens of thousands of people that legally take mushrooms there everyday. There's also an annual worldwide mushroom festival where thousands of people all over the world take mushrooms over the course of a few days and there has yet to be a death resulting from the consumption of mushrooms during those days.

Other kinds of psychedelics have never caused someone to go insane or kill themselves, and I've never heard of someone tripping on anything killing someone else.

DarkGeneral wrote:

The numbers are nebulous? I'd like to see where these numbers are, from what I've seen they're pretty insignificant. Also where do you get this "an increased chance of suicidal thoughts" info from? I'm absolutely certain more people have committed suicide off psychedelics than they ever have on them, and the instances of people taking psychedelics and killing themselves is significantly smaller than people taking psychedelics and not killing themselves.

Our brains produce the psychedelic substance DMT every night when we dream, does that mean we should be thrown in jail for using an illegal substance? Do you know anything about any psychedelics other than LSD, or is that as far as your "education" has taken you?

Last edited by Lone on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:03 am

DarkGeneral wrote:I'm also anti nicotine and alcohol which aren't drugs.
    Lol those are drugs dude, just cause something is legal doesn't mean it's not a drug. Also nicotine by itself isn't too bad, other than being addictive as fuck. It's the hundreds of other chemicals in cigarettes that give nicotine a bad rep. Really isolated nicotine isn't much worse of a drug than caffeine, which is also addictive.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:24 am

Goddamn lone lol
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:15 am

I hate seeing uninformed people spread misinformation.

Gotta drop some knowledge bombs on people dawg, and weed out ignorance wherever it arises.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:54 am

Lone wrote:I hate seeing uninformed people spread misinformation.

Gotta drop some knowledge bombs on people dawg, and weed out ignorance wherever it arises.
    that's illegal
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:28 am

I think you mean racist.

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #11 [ E3i Time: Now with less eri] - Page 29 Full-circle
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:31 am

Lol. I shouldn't have protested
    Iri
    Iri
    Academy Ninja: Apprentice

Post by Iri Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:50 am

Sorry if this post is like really long but I saw the drug debate taking place and just had to get all my thoughts about the topic in general in one place for the first time. What better place to do that than here where people will actually read it? Cool 

As much as I love my man D, I'm leaning in Lone's general direction here.

As far as government policy on illegal drugs, it's thoroughly disgusted me for as long as I've bothered to become informed about it. I literally can't argue about drugs anymore. I just can't take it seriously. Not to mention the two most dangerous drugs in the history of the U.S. are legal and are consumed in excess amounts everyday by the great, well informed citizens of this country; cigarettes and alcohol.

I've quit smoking cigarettes (just recently, thank god) and quit drinking alcohol awhile ago, but I still smoke weed and I'll pop a Vyvanse once every few days, or a few days in a row in the morning, to keep me focused and keep ADD or ADHD (never been diagnosed so not sure which one) at bay. Both weed and Vyvanse have been pretty helpful for me. I've noticed a huge increase in my productivity since I started taking Vyvanse. It's really done wonders for me in the focus and concentration department. I couldn't even get on a computer without being on 10-20 different websites every session. Now I get on, get some shit done, and get off. I don't dawdle around in some unfocused haze, unable to complete half of the thoughts that run through my brain. The slight stutter I had before the medication has completely disappeared, and when it comes to verbal encounters with my wife I can (almost) hold my own now. My mind is sharper and my thoughts are more collected. Over the years, we subconsciously develop coping methods for conditions like ADD and ADHD. We don't realize it, but our brain fights against the condition in order to remain focused. Vyvanse allowed me to take the energy that my brain was subconsciously channeling into those coping methods and allow me to harness it for more important things like work (gotta make them greenbacks) or pursuing fields of study that had interested me in the past to an even deeper level.

Weed, on the other hand, is great for different, but much simpler reasons. There's literally nothing like a big ol' blunt and some tunes after a stressful day at work. Sitting down and playing some GTA after smoking out of my little bowl piece is pretty satisfying. Waking up and smoking a joint I rolled the previous night and feeling that "wake-n-bake" comfort creep into my sore body is just awesome.

Those are the assessments on the two "drugs" that I'm comfortable with using. I think weed has next to no negative effect on your body or your mind. The government "studies" released on the matter were performed back during the Reagan administration when he was setting up his CIA drug trafficking operation and trying to convince the millions of gullible onlookers that weed will kill your children at the same time. Same thing with Vyvanse. A little stimulant never hurt anyone unless you're taking amounts WAY above the prescribed dosage.

It's just the people that smoke a joint and become totally useless slugs that give weed a bad name. NEWSFLASH: Those people are gonna be lazy, weak bastards anyway. I smoke weed and go to work, drive my car, or go visit my grandmother. I don't give a shit. I know I can handle myself and I don't need the fucking government making laws telling me that I can't and my fucking weed or pills should be confiscated because there are a few turds out there that can't handle their shit.

I also don't think psychedelics are very harmful. At least not shrooms or other natural ways people have found to "trip" over the years. Acid really isn't that bad for you either, although if you take too much of it that's obviously not good. There is a type of synthetic acid called 25I that I'm convinced is pretty fucking bad for you and I consider anyone who takes it to be a fucking moron (unfortunately I know a few people who have, they're all burnt out from doing synthetic drugs).

But my personal thoughts aside; The War on Drugs is a fucking joke. Assuming you know what a supply curve is, and what a demand curve is, and you apply this simple economic principle to the War on Drugs, you'll see that not only is the War a waste of money (like all Wars) but it really has no effect on the amount of drugs coming into this country. If you cut the supply of drugs into this country, they'll become harder to obtain and the demand for them will rise. The demand for drugs is NEVER going to fall. People will always be addicted to meth, heroin, Benzo, GHB, or cocaine for as long as they exist (whether they're buying them illegally or getting them in fucking pill form over the counter from a pharmacy) and will pay WHATEVER they have to to get their fix.

That said, the U.S. government has MORE than enough resources to completely wipe out the Cartels and Mafia that are running these things into the country, but they're not going to. The CIA has been in cahoots with both of those organizations for the last 40+ years. Shit, since we've invaded Afghanistan and snatched up all that opium growing over there (a fact which Pat Tillman revealed in a letter to his mother before he was killed by "friendly fire".......hmmmmmm.....that's fishy) cases of heroin possession and intent to distribute have fucking quadrupled in this country. If you don't believe me, look it up. I'm not here to spoonfeed whoever's reading this with information. There are sources out there that ARE reliable and will give you good information, as well as sources that are full of shit. It's up to you to make an educated decision on which one is which.

You think the Drug Enforcement Administration HONESTLY FUCKING BURNS all the drugs they confiscate? That's literally like taking a huge stack of money and torching it. The CIA, which FAR supersedes the authority of the fucking DEA, gets their hands on the bulk of it (the bit the DEA agents don't keep for their personal use) go undercover and sell that shit BACK to the Cartel and it just gets trafficked back into the country again. Former CIA agents, cartel bosses, mafia enforcers, dons, and lackeys have all confirmed this. Their accounts have just been buried and never found their way to the mainstream media because our media is fucking controlled by the people whose interests would be ruined by this information. Drug trafficking is an endless circle of profit for our government, and they make much more off of it than they SPEND on the War on Drugs, which is just a fucking ruse put in place to make the sheep in this country (roughly 80-90% of the population) from having suspicions about what's really going on.

But yeah, fuck arguing about drugs and whether they should be illegal or not. It's a moot fucking point as far as I'm concerned, considering the two drugs that have done the most damage to this country are perfectly legal, and our government is largely responsible for the amount of drugs in this country in the first place.

Like I said, I love ya D but your personal opinion on drugs and whether or not you use them should not affect your opinion on the government policy of them. Drugs CAN be used to help people and have been really been very helpful to me since I've discovered them. In some cases, they do destroy families and cause much grief, but so do car accidents, money problems, domestic abuse, and countless other things you can call addictive (video games, buying cars, buying sex toys, etc.). People are irresponsible when it comes to just about everything. Drugs shouldn't be singled out just because they distort your mind for a little while, or can possibly kill you. If you're operating by that principle, A LOT of things should be made illegal.

Last edited by Iri on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Iri
    Iri

Post by Iri Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:02 am

Just thought I'd add another reason weed will probably never be legalized:

Alcohol and tobacco companies would take a real hit as far as profits go. A LOT of people would quit smoking cigs and just smoke weed. A LOT MORE people would quit drinking alcohol and just smoke weed. Not only is it healthier for you, it's more pleasurable once you build up a decent tolerance and can handle more than a small joint or roach.

If you don't think the corporations have something to lose from that, you need to take a basic economics course and do some serious research on some of the wealthiest gross companies in this nation. Cigarette and alcohol companies receive a ridiculous amount of government funding to sell their poison to the public.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:49 am

That was a very well thought out and insightful post Iri. Good stuff
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:52 am

Well, with Lone's and Iri's post anything I say might sound redundant.

DarkGeneral wrote:

Which is precisely my point.... If anything they're a bigger danger to themselves than to society, and that's fine because people should have the choice to do what they want with themselves without affecting others.

Just like people can drink responsibly, people can drug themselves responsibly too.

Chakramaster wrote:

I never said anything about someone running naked being an endangerment to anyone.  Only that, that someone that IS an endangerment to others.  Never specified anything of the sort of what things are...but there are a lot.  It also does depend on what the naked guy's intentions are which could be anyone's guess other than public nudity and probably disruptive to the community around him.

I was replying to D. A naked person running around isn't necessarily dangerous. Heck, it probably isn't a side effect of the hallucination. People firstly put the blame on "the drugs" when this happens but ignore that people go on streak rampages as a result of a psychotic meltdown caused by stress.

Look at the guy that did Kony 2012, after he was hit with endless criticism questioning his intentions, he had a meltdown and got naked in San Diego shouting profanities at people.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:56 am

In other news I got a new toilet yesterday. The last one was a piece of shit. Cant wait to try ithe new one out while reading a few chapters of the witcher.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 am

Fantastic post Iri. Congrats on quitting smoking! I've never heard of Vyvanse, but it sounds good especially how you're using it.

Iri wrote:Just thought I'd add another reason weed will probably never be legalized:

Alcohol and tobacco companies would take a real hit as far as profits go. A LOT of people would quit smoking cigs and just smoke weed. A LOT MORE people would quit drinking alcohol and just smoke weed. Not only is it healthier for you, it's more pleasurable once you build up a decent tolerance and can handle more than a small joint or roach.

If you don't think the corporations have something to lose from that, you need to take a basic economics course and do some serious research on some of the wealthiest gross companies in this nation. Cigarette and alcohol companies receive a ridiculous amount of government funding to sell their poison to the public.
    True stuff. In some states it has become decriminalized, but the FBI and other national government agencies are still fighting the growers and trying to prosecute people involved in the selling and growing of marijuana. So even where it is legal it's still unfortunately getting cracked down on, or the agencies are planning to crack down on people.

The same thing has been going on a long time with medicinal MJ going legal in places too. A perfect example is the man in Montana who was following all the state rules and regulations yet is still getting prosecuted and charged with 80 years in federal prison by the FBI.

Jet wrote:In other news I got a new toilet yesterday. The last one was a piece of shit. Cant wait to try ithe new one out while reading a few chapters of the witcher.
    Nice. I got a new toilet too, but it hasn't been installed yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:40 am