Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+5
Goldie
Link
Jet
Eri
Sai
9 posters

Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze - Page 20 Empty Re: Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze

Post by Jet Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Got any info on the airing of SnK or LOGH 2015 sai?
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze - Page 20 Empty Re: Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze

Post by Jet Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:45 am

Watched episode 6 of dgray on youtube. One of the few episodes I didnt have to fake my ip location for since it was only 1, not the whole series. Incidentally it was dubbed. I have been watching the sub up till now and I gotta say the dub from that episode, did have a good cast. The other 102 episodes arent up in English, though the playlist im watching it through(random yt user) is only available for uk citizens(hence the region filtering im doing) and is in japanese so that suffices. The latter season 2 is uploaded for the US seeing as how only the first 51 episodes of the anime were ever dubbed. I guess in this case licensing isnt that big of an enemy to me, just gotta get through the first cour the way ive been doing. The manga is still going though so maybe one day funimation will reboot the series and finally upload it to their channel officially
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Episode 6 of Planetes 'the flying lunar squirrels' was endearing. Those ninjas....haha it put a smile on my face.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:03 pm

I am absolutely loving this anime. It seems so natural and real. The building of huge space stations...if destroyed could produce a debris field. I wonder if its true that space could actually become unreachable from earth
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Last episode. Lions barrage.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Planetes was one of the best anime series Ive seen in recent times. Really impressive including the animation, especially for something made a decade ago. Such believable characters and a great setting....hard to believe the first half was episodic before the main plot was introduced....just goes to show how well done it was. Even the everyday life episodes had me totally engaged. I might have even preferred them actually, despite the fact that I usually prefer the drama myself.

Spoiler:

I agree with everything written there. Cant recommend it highly enough.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:09 pm

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/inuyasha-final-act-english-dub-premiere-toonami-after-hellsing-ultimate-cancellation-392360

So looks like dbk is replacing bleach next week at midnight. Attack on titan will be replayed(ive heard until next year...so march) and lol because they lost the rights to hellsing or ss because they are ending on episode 8 next week, for shame. I wasnt the biggest fan of inuyasha but ill watch the final act for nostalgias sake. At least its something new on toonami so the fail cancelation isnt a total loss. Still though I hate the replays, at least stop space dandy from reairing for the 4th time...btw only 5 weeks of toonami left before december movie month. I may hold off my miyazaki binge until I hear what they airing
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:01 am

Eventually I plan to try out Gintama and see what the fuss is all about. Though im skeptical....I cant emphasize enough how I am generally not a fan of comedy anime. If I do end up liking it though ill probably also end up adding Toriko and REBORN to my list. since they are also among the Crunchyroll meganimepisode genre types. (100-300 and counting)
    Eri
    Eri
    Genin Ninja: Rookie

Post by Eri Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:31 am

toriko is good. and it gets better. i couldnt bare watching reborn ... remember in bleach how they had like 15-20 episodes of canon filler before soul society...well reborn is like that for 30 episodes...i probably stopped at episode 14-15....annd it was worse then bleach's
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:58 am

Jet wrote:http://www.idigitaltimes.com/inuyasha-final-act-english-dub-premiere-toonami-after-hellsing-ultimate-cancellation-392360

So looks like dbk is replacing bleach next week at midnight. Attack on titan will be replayed(ive heard until next year...so march) and lol because they lost the rights to hellsing or ss because they are ending on episode 8 next week, for shame. I wasnt the biggest fan of inuyasha but ill watch the final act for nostalgias sake. At least its something new on toonami so the fail cancelation isnt a total loss. Still though I hate the replays,  at least stop space dandy from reairing for the 4th time...btw only 5 weeks of toonami left before december movie month. I may hold off my miyazaki binge until I hear what they airing
    Jet, if you knew how popular SnK is with normies you wouldnt have any form of surprise.

Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Eri wrote:toriko is good. and it gets better. i couldnt bare watching reborn ... remember in bleach how they had like 15-20 episodes of canon filler before soul society...well reborn is like that for 30 episodes...i probably stopped at episode 14-15....annd it was worse then bleach's
    oh thats not good....I just did the bleach is gone dance and the final episode airs tosay....I dont want more bleach my shit is clean already

Sai wrote:
    Jet wrote:http://www.idigitaltimes.com/inuyasha-final-act-english-dub-premiere-toonami-after-hellsing-ultimate-cancellation-392360

So looks like dbk is replacing bleach next week at midnight. Attack on titan will be replayed(ive heard until next year...so march) and lol because they lost the rights to hellsing or ss because they are ending on episode 8 next week, for shame. I wasnt the biggest fan of inuyasha but ill watch the final act for nostalgias sake. At least its something new on toonami so the fail cancelation isnt a total loss. Still though I hate the replays,  at least stop space dandy from reairing for the 4th time...btw only 5 weeks of toonami left before december movie month. I may hold off my miyazaki binge until I hear what they airing
    Jet, if you knew how popular SnK is with normies you wouldnt have any form of surprise.

What about space dandy...cancel it!
    Sai
    Sai
    Anbu
    Anbu

Post by Sai Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:14 pm

they prob have the license of that like they did cowboy bebop

prob not gonna happen for awhile
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Watched grave of the fireflies. Almost cried.

Spoiler:
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:00 am

Dgrayman is so bad. I cant tell whether what I am watching is filler or canon. In fact im willing to bet from the 22 episodes ive watched at least half of them are filler. Either that or the main story consists of traveling ftom bland unexplored location to bland underdeveloped location fighting unimportant characters and taking their souls...so a collectibles plotline. It wouldnt be as bad if the fighting consisted of more than just: shoot, slash, stab, smack, shove. Boring watching them talk, boring watching the action.

Seriously whos idea was it to air filler at the beginning of a series? How does that even make sense...if theres not enough content to adapt at the start then why bother adapting it into an anime at all? As it stands this is high quality drop material. I hate dropping so ill stick it out a bit longer before deciding.

edit: you know what it doesnt deserve the term "filler" ill just dub it "unplot." Terrible.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Among the piles of series im juggling one of them is the long awaited "MONSTER" Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze - Page 20 0_MonsterAnimeMainVisual

its pretty much a biography on a man named Eri and how he refuses to make a MAL account, falling further into depravity as the series goes on
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:00 pm

thats what she said
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Jk. Im actually watching Erin Anime General Thread: Winter 2015: The Big Freeze - Page 20 Kemono_no_Souja_Erin_DVD_volume_1

a slice of life about a little girl who undergoes a transformation on her 16th birthday drops a letter from her name and assumes a new identity. Then, starts watching one piece
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:09 pm

sounds like kh series
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Its literally written "Erin" though....between this and Toneri otsutsuki in naruto you need to stop seducing mangaka to write you into stories eri!
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:00 pm

If reinhardt had been born under the alliance how far would he be able to go? Is it possible for a man with ambition to overcome corrupt democracy?
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:41 am

I am madara
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Parasyte is so damn good
    Eri
    Eri

Post by Eri Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:07 pm

sai!
    FullmetalHeart
    FullmetalHeart
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate

Post by FullmetalHeart Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:27 am

Just finished

SAO season 2 part 1 =/

Hanamonogatari =/

Silver Spoons 1&2 =)
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:29 am

Alright kh! Youre back to watching anime!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 pm