Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Forget!

+12
ExcessKarnage18
Iri
Goldie
FullmetalHeart
Cyan
KEKOLD
Jec
Link
Eri
Sai
Chakramaster
Jet
16 posters

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!]

Jec
    Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!] - Page 31 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!]

Post by Jec Wed May 29, 2013 9:09 am

That Krogan worry was what let the Salarian leader to try to sabotage the genophage cure. Humanity's strength is that our short lifespan make us excel in things and get things done faster than other races (Except the salarians which have shorter lifespans). The Asari are cheating bastards, keeping Prothean technology to themselves. The whole Reaper calamity could have been avoided or at least prepared for it if they'd let Shepard speak to their beacon after he was warning that the Reapers were coming back.

On Rannoch I saved the Geth and the Quarians. Though I felt like shit simply killing them off with the ending... And they were helping the Quarians rebuild their home...
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!] - Page 31 Empty Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #10 [The Academy Needs You!]

Post by Jet Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 am

Better than synthesis....fucking magic dna.

I guess that's always humanity's strength in every genre. It's fine I guess but...eh I'd like to see that power emphasized a bit more. I suppose it doesn't help having kaidan the most boring man in the world as a squadmate.

And yeah that's what led the Salarians to sabotage, and it was wrong. But if the cure could at last make it so they cannot rabbitfuck the shit outta each other and made it only a couple lizards a year at least that would be manageable.

And yes asari are whores. Theres probably a way not to have all offspring be asari. If they withheld information that could save the galaxy I wouldn't put it past them. Specially since they have been benefiting from the advances in technology for years
    Link

Post by Link Wed May 29, 2013 11:04 am

Lone wrote:Fuck you link! Mad

Now, that was uncalled for, if anything I expected jec to reply in an unfriendly manner, not you

:0
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 am

Haha
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Link wrote:
    Lone wrote:Fuck you link! Mad

Now, that was uncalled for, if anything I expected jec to reply in an unfriendly manner, not you

:0

I'm a nice guy
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Wed May 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Yeah you haven't seen his posts link, you haven't read his blogs!
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed May 29, 2013 5:59 pm

That's gonna haunt me till I die
    Link

Post by Link Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Jet wrote:Yeah you haven't seen his posts link, you haven't read his blogs!
    sounds like he is really into EA games

I, never thought something like that was even a possibility
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed May 29, 2013 8:11 pm

No one likes EA games >_>
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Evil Assholes

Jet wrote:Synthesis...fucking stupid. I guess it makes sense the ais avatars is the form of a child. That explanation sounds like a child's attempt at philosophy. Synthesis is specially garbage.

I gotta say mass effect 3 was largely underwhelming, even before the ending. The scale didn't feel bigger than it should have to me. Only six squadmates and I only cared for 3 originals. It also feels like there were less moments of squad conversation. All in all it felt less grand than Mass Effect 2, where you were recruiting multiple allies and and facing more epic moments. There were the moments where squadmates died that were good, but its kinda hard to fuck that up yknow?

I don't know... If I could describe my feelings towards most of the tone and pace of the game it would be in moments where you talked to squadmates on the Normandy and exhausted all conversation or didn't have cutscene convos so they just repeated "Shepard" "Hey" "commander." Mass effect 2 hit the sweet spot I think. Where even the slow moments felt good, and didn't feel so....flat.
    I recently saw a pretty good youtube video about this, analyzing all the bad points of ME3 other than just the shitty story/ending.

Jec wrote:That's gonna haunt me till I die
    It's gonna be engraved on your tombstone or vase that holds your ashes too, you'll never outrun it.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed May 29, 2013 9:21 pm

I wish the guy who wrote ME 1 hadn't retire... or probably forced into retirement.

His original idea for the ending was far more interesting. It had to do with something causing stars to die early. There is a quest in ME 2, when you recruit Tali that hints this. Remember how you couldn't go out into the sun.
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Wed May 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Lone wrote:

I agree with almost everything he says...except the opening... that's just nitpicking...

Ha! Even this guy agrees Tuchanka and Rannoch were brilliant.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu May 30, 2013 1:58 am

That video was great lone. I agree with pretty much everything there. His points are solid, bioware should listen to that. Really good critique.

Also it reminded me how good origins was...ah ferelden final battle.....
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu May 30, 2013 4:23 am

Wow games are really really cheap on amazon now. Crysis 3 is already under 40. In fact only a few really good games seem to be at 39.99 like fc3. If there was a time to buy it would be now. Probably with next gen coming, everything is falling in price. Reminds me of the late 2010/early 2011 deals. Hitman is 20, ascension is half price, max payne is 15. This is proof enough waiting a couple years for next gen prices to fall is worth It. Red and yellow rings to worry about too.

Im gonna check out the witcher books. >_>
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 am

I downloaded ebooks of a few of the witcher books, never read em tho.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu May 30, 2013 6:55 am

I think I'll buy the novels. The short stories I think would be good to download and read before playing the books since they're mostly there for lore.

Did you ever read any of the mass effect novels lone? if so, what did you think of them in comparison to other game based books?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 30, 2013 9:59 am

They were great, I read the first 3 books. All excellent stories, characters and extensions to the lore. Though everybody basically dies with ME3 so whatever Sad

I hear the 4th book is really bad though (came out around the same time as ME3 and isn't written by the same guy who wrote ME1/2 & the other books, so yea). The 4th book is written by the same guy who wrote the infamous "the Flood" halo book, if you check out the author you'll see he writes tons of terrible video game books.

I read online that the 4th book is so bad Bioware actually had to change it. With ME3 they simply extended the ending, but apparently this book was so shitty they had to totally redo it. You know it's bad if Bioware will redo and apologize for that, when they won't even admit that ME3's ending was bad.
    ShadowB
    ShadowB
    Academy Ninja: Student

Post by ShadowB Thu May 30, 2013 10:46 am

Jet wrote:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7370-When-The-Starscreams-Kill-Used-Games

This was good. The one gaming journalist who even addresses these issues. I'm disappointed by how insiders became corporate apologists. Even sessler let me down on this. Terrible

Yeah Jim sterling is awesome. He like the best game Rebel that doesn't fear to upset companies or gamers with the truth. He the one that host the Podtoid podcast, but he does however go over broad on the podcast with homosexual joke toward Jonathan Homes...
    ShadowB
    ShadowB

Post by ShadowB Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 am

Jec wrote:No one likes EA games >_>

I disagree a lot people like their games but they hate what they done to the games. I love Deadspace 1&2. I played a bit of 3 and the combat system felt like it was appealing toward geow fans which is stupid since that fanbase would rather play gears than a inferior version with no competitive multiplayer, no interesting story plus game that sequel that kinda require you play the last two games to understand what you are meant to do in the 3rd. EA and all game companies biggest problem is that they have this stupid idea that if they make a game similar to Halo, gears, and call of duty. That they will generate sales in the millions but they won't, because if people want to play a similar style game they will either play halo, gears or cod, not inferior versions. But i guess not all blame is on developers but the share holders that invest into these large companies. Games shouldn't be about making shit load of profit, but the experience of the game.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu May 30, 2013 11:26 am

Lone wrote:They were great, I read the first 3 books. All excellent stories, characters and extensions to the lore. Though everybody basically dies with ME3 so whatever Sad

I hear the 4th book is really bad though (came out around the same time as ME3 and isn't written by the same guy who wrote ME1/2 & the other books, so yea). The 4th book is written by the same guy who wrote the infamous "the Flood" halo book, if you check out the author you'll see he writes tons of terrible video game books.

I read online that the 4th book is so bad Bioware actually had to change it. With ME3 they simply extended the ending, but apparently this book was so shitty they had to totally redo it. You know it's bad if Bioware will redo and apologize for that, when they won't even admit that ME3's ending was bad.
    ha I guess that's the book version of dlc. Seriously bioware should change their name. They just disgrace their predecessors work.

ShadowB wrote:
    Jet wrote:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7370-When-The-Starscreams-Kill-Used-Games

This was good. The one gaming journalist who even addresses these issues. I'm disappointed by how insiders became corporate apologists. Even sessler let me down on this. Terrible

Yeah Jim sterling is awesome. He like the best game Rebel that doesn't fear to upset companies or gamers with the truth. He the one that host the Podtoid podcast, but he does however go over broad on the podcast with homosexual joke toward Jonathan Homes...
    has it been 3 months already? That means shadow is back!

Haha great to hear you agree. And yeah I think that's the good thing about outspoken controversial figures. They'll fight for the common guy vs the bad guy because it's the right thing to do. I know he's gotten into arguments with cliffyb, which I think is awesome because cliff seems a bit full of himself/douchey but on the flipside when there's no righteous fight to be had the same controversial figures eat all of the peasants food. And then there's no harvest.....

Nanda.
    ShadowB
    ShadowB

Post by ShadowB Thu May 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Lol sorry went to Puerto Rico after school finished. Now I am taking up boxing with a couple of friends of mine.

The drought of games is coming. E3 is around the corner, Sony is going in strong with the 360 DRM fiasco. This conference need to be about new ips. I don't care for infamous, killzone: shadowfall, that weird game by Mike Cerny, or any sequel really. I want new ips. Hopefully they achieved the deal with Rockstar games for that Playstation exclusive game they had in the mix years ago, maybe Eight Days will see the light of day again.
    Jet
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Howd you like your trip?

You mean agent? And there's word of 3 star wars games, by bioware visceral and dice. Battlefront 3 and kotor 3 are sequels I'd actually like to see though. Last of us and beyond two souls look good also

So 7, 8 years later still no versus? Anybody taking that bet?
    Chakramaster
    Chakramaster
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran
    Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster Thu May 30, 2013 4:21 pm

On Versus I talked with a friend awhile back. They are either working on transitioning it to ps4 instead or...half the team was developing a special teaser for KH3 or working on it instead/as well for ps4
    Jec
    Jec

Post by Jec Thu May 30, 2013 5:02 pm

ShadowB wrote:

I disagree a lot people like their games but they hate what they done to the games.

So... Like I said...No one likes EA Games...
    ShadowB
    ShadowB

Post by ShadowB Thu May 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Jec wrote:
    ShadowB wrote:

I disagree a lot people like their games but they hate what they done to the games.

So... Like I said...No one likes EA Games...

Nah! i like Deadspace...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:38 pm